Aldeer.com

Cow dogs

Posted By: Ryano

Cow dogs - 02/16/18 03:15 PM

I keep checking CNC and Bowtarists tracking posts even though I know there is no updates. Who votes for them to get some cow dogs to keep us entertained in the off season?

On a serious not we used a guy in Blount county that had some fine cow dogs. As long as it was not real thick, you park the trailer in the pasture and his dogs would put them in it. He no longer does this. Does anyone know somebody with good dogs that would come to Cullman/Marshall County? We are not in need of it at the moment but like a deer track you never know when you might need it.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Cow dogs - 02/16/18 05:00 PM

I've got an idea that might hold you over till GA bow opens in September. When I get more info I'll release the idea.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Cow dogs - 02/16/18 08:10 PM

It is hog dog time now.....
Posted By: johnv

Re: Cow dogs - 02/18/18 01:33 AM

Ryano was that guy a old black man. He came and loaded up a bunch of crazy cows for my buddy one time.

Re: Cow dogs - 02/19/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by johnv
Ryano was that guy a old black man. He came and loaded up a bunch of crazy cows for my buddy one time.

It was. He knew how to train a dog.

Re: Cow dogs - 02/19/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by bowtarist
I've got an idea that might hold you over till GA bow opens in September. When I get more info I'll release the idea.

Good deal.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Cow dogs - 02/23/18 02:28 AM

Tried to train my border collie to herd, but the guy sold his sheep. Now my BC is a HRC seasoned retriever. I love watching dogs work cattle or sheep. You might could check out some cattle sites and find a refurral
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Cow dogs - 03/14/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ryano
Originally Posted by johnv

It was. He knew how to train a dog.

We used him before too. His dogs were fun to watch.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM