Aldeer.com

underground fence

Posted By: SharpSpur

underground fence - 05/04/17 01:25 PM

Suggestions for my Lab? I have a big place but still don't need her getting in the road or wandering off. I could fence out 1-2 acres no problem. Any recs?
Posted By: Ru2hunt

Re: underground fence - 05/04/17 02:27 PM

We raise Labs and we put in the stubborn dog fence by petsafe and its done the job! Ive had it in for about 4 yrs with no problems! The thing I like is we can change the batteries and they can also swim with the collars on them!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: underground fence - 05/04/17 03:25 PM

Lowe's carries them, you might be able to Google their brand and specifics.
Posted By: DoeNut

Re: underground fence - 05/06/17 07:16 AM

Some friends gave us a PetSafe Instant fence system. The collar was dead and not repairable. We bought two collars with replaceable batteries and setup was easy. My only complaint is the range, our property is not flat and we have a metal roof. My transmitter is placed at the back door and they get about thirty feet out the back and ten out the front and sides. Apparently I can buy extra transmitters (cheap from EBay) and maybe place them at corners of my he house. Either that or rent a trencher and switch to inground.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: underground fence - 05/07/17 06:22 AM

I just finished putting in another inground fence. Did around 3acres worth. Believe I used the pet safe stubborn in ground and Works great for my lab. takes a couple weeks at first Letting the dog learn it and get use to the boundaries. I bought my stuff from eBay...best prices. Make sure an upgrade the wire...the junk that comes with it ain't worth much. The systems online usually have the upgraded wire or they will bundle it for you. First fence I did I used 18 gauge. Never had any problems with it, but decided I would use 16gauge this time. Instead found 14 gauge for a really good deal so ended up with it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM