Aldeer.com

Pros and cons on cellular game cameras.

Posted By: Bamas

Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/24/23 01:06 AM

I’m familiar with the Arlo cellular cameras. Anybody use them for deer cameras? What’s the preferred brand in the hunting world. As I stated in another post. I’m not a hunter just want to watch the wildlife develop.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/24/23 04:59 AM

well ,,,, they get over developed some body can help you out im sure . lol
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/24/23 03:59 PM

Reconyx slogan is “see what you have been missing”. I’ve been with them for a while now and still run them next to a few other brands looking at the exact same spot.

The slogan is accurate and amazes me every day. The other cams don’t just miss an animal here and there, whole sounders of hogs and groups of deer !

The reconyx also sends super fast, on demand, and I don’t get pics of shadows all day long.

I’ll be shutting down cuddleback and stealth cam next month.

Reconyx has great customer service too.

You might try Barn Owl too, they look promising. My son is running them at another location.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/26/23 01:13 PM

Pros:
cool to get pics on the computer or phone app without checking your cam

Cons:
monthly fees
must have a cell signal
if it quits sending and you 530 miles away you're SOL smile (1 currently have on that list for me)
batteries go sooner
monthly fees

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/26/23 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Reconyx slogan is “see what you have been missing”. I’ve been with them for a while now and still run them next to a few other brands looking at the exact same spot.

The slogan is accurate and amazes me every day. The other cams don’t just miss an animal here and there, whole sounders of hogs and groups of deer !

The reconyx also sends super fast, on demand, and I don’t get pics of shadows all day long.

You might try Barn Owl too, they look promising. My son is running them at another location.

I'd go broke running those cams.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/28/23 07:09 PM

I don’t use them for game, I use them to keep an eye on assets. I just use $34 muddy cams for watching game because the rest of them suck just as bad. I’ve had so many more expensive regular cams where the detection just goes to crap over time.

I use lithium batteries and solar.

I know the Reconyx is expensive, monthly bill is cheaper though, they work, use less batteries, and customer service is best.

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/28/23 11:05 PM

I’m getting real good feedback on Tactacam. Actually talked to customer service a good bit today. May try one of there’s.
Posted By: WinstonVizsla

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/29/23 04:27 AM

I have two coverts, ones been out 5 years the other 3 years and they’re still working like new. No cons for me, yea there’s a monthly fee of $14.99 in total for both but I spent more than that in gas driving to and from the farm to pull cards once a month. The best part is you can take real time photos whenever you want. If I want to know if it’s raining on my fields I click a button. If I want to see what the crops look like, I click a button. Saves a lot of time, not to mention we had a trespasser in turkey season charged quickly. Woke up in the morning and checked the app and saw the asshole walking in front of my camera, had the game warden out there the next day.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/29/23 01:06 PM

I have spypoints and have had no issues
They have the built in solar panel so batteries arent an issue
One has been deployed for over a year now
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/29/23 02:29 PM

I also have SpyPoint cameras. I have always received good customer service when I had problems. Just be sure to use lithium batteries. You can't beat there cost on their plans. The price of their cameras is also good.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/29/23 10:35 PM

Cons- You didn’t know they had a specific card on file, you cancelled a card that had being used for the data plans and they simply switch it to the “other card” without your knowledge. Costing you hundreds of dollars during the offseason. And they refuse to refund you because they deem it as a “legitimate” purchase. To hell with SPYPOINT. I have a dozen cameras, so its not like I’m switching brands because of it.

A few years ago SPYPOINT had great customer service. Red blooded English speaking Americans that were willing to help. Now every time I’ve called, its someone in the Middle East who doesn’t really seem to care.

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/30/23 12:25 PM

Went to bass pro to pick up a Tactacam. Saw made in China on box so I backed off. Are all of these cameras made in China or are some made in USA?

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/30/23 06:50 PM

I have been using Spy Point cameras for three years. Never had the problems listed above. No problems with their plans or customer service. I use their chat line a lot for customer service and have always had my problem solved although it has been very few problems.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 07/31/23 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bamas
Went to bass pro to pick up a Tactacam. Saw made in China on box so I backed off. Are all of these cameras made in China or are some made in USA?

No clue but I run a Tactacam and love mine. Great customer service and haven’t had any issues tbh
Posted By: billrv

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/01/23 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Having to use cell cams for trap shy hogs I tried the then higher line SP which were okay at best, thier customer service is a joke. I switched to Reconyx when they introduced their cell cam and haven't looked back. I have had zero issues and the only time I needed customer service due to my ignorance they were great. I'm trying the Tatacam Pro and so far it's been a good camera

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/01/23 01:49 PM

The new SpyPoint Flex G 36 is American made
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/10/23 05:27 PM

as mentioned, basically the only con is the extra cost. I can't speak highly enough of the Spartan cell cams, they're more expensive on the front end but their monthly cost is very low, they've been bulletproof reliable for 4 years and they seem to be the only company with any real theft deterrent. they offer some of their newer cams with a GPS transponder, but even the old ones like mine, if you tell them it's stolen they'll notify you when someone tries to activate the camera and give you a chance to recover it. I had one stolen a couple of years ago and was able to recover it in about a month. The guy he tried to sell it to was savvy enough to call to try to activate it before paying for it, he was notified it was stolen and held onto it for me until I could swing by and pick it up.

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/11/23 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by thayerp81
as mentioned, basically the only con is the extra cost. I can't speak highly enough of the Spartan cell cams, they're more expensive on the front end but their monthly cost is very low, they've been bulletproof reliable for 4 years and they seem to be the only company with any real theft deterrent. they offer some of their newer cams with a GPS transponder, but even the old ones like mine, if you tell them it's stolen they'll notify you when someone tries to activate the camera and give you a chance to recover it. I had one stolen a couple of years ago and was able to recover it in about a month. The guy he tried to sell it to was savvy enough to call to try to activate it before paying for it, he was notified it was stolen and held onto it for me until I could swing by and pick it up.

New Tactacam has GPS now as well
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/19/23 01:28 AM

CON: If you don't have cell service where you hunt they aren't worth a squat!
Posted By: globe

Re: Pros and cons on cellular game cameras. - 08/20/23 08:12 PM

True
© 2024 ALDEER.COM