Aldeer.com

Cellular Camera Monthly Costs?

Posted By: ivanwright

Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 05:25 PM

Curious for those that have & use the cellular trail cameras what the costs are?
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 05:49 PM

I pay $8 a month for 500 standard resolution pics through Tactacam. Cheaper and more expensive options are available. I wouldn't go over the 500 if it weren't for coons.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 06:20 PM

I pay $5/mo through Verizon for unlimited pics...even though I haven't used Verizon for my mobile service in over a year.

I figured they'd drop that when I moved my cell service to Visible, but it just keeps rolling right along at $5/month.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 07:00 PM

Spypoint is as follows currently....

$15.... unlimited
$10.... 1000
$5........250
$0........100

There is a discount for annual billing but I go monthly and cut it back during the offseason
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 07:31 PM

You can run up to 24 cameras on the Cuddeback system for $30 a month unlimited pics. I have 17 running now.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 07:33 PM

Spy Point also has a plan for $99 a year you can have 250 photos on all you cameras. You can have 5 cameras and only pay $99 a year and get 250 pictures a month on all of them
Posted By: ivanwright

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/05/22 09:37 PM

Great info... thank y'all!
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/20/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck
I pay $5/mo through Verizon for unlimited pics...even though I haven't used Verizon for my mobile service in over a year.

I figured they'd drop that when I moved my cell service to Visible, but it just keeps rolling right along at $5/month.

What camera are you using? I haven’t seen a camera plan this cheap anywhere.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/20/22 10:40 PM

I don't see how you stay under the pic count. Seems like as soon as hunting season starts, all mine take pic's like no tomorrow. My spypoint hasn't taken a pic in a month. Tactacams go down for each camera you add, up to a point I am sure. I have 4 running now. Plus a spypoint. If I could get them to quit taking pics of tree shadows, I would be in business.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/24/22 05:41 PM

$10/month for my Bushnell cellucore 20 for 2000 pics. Basically unlimited.
$13/month for Tactacam reveal unlimited.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/26/22 03:08 PM

what brand cam?

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/26/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
You can run up to 24 cameras on the Cuddeback system for $30 a month unlimited pics. I have 17 running now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, that only because the cams have to be near a home base camera that sends all the pics and not spread out over miles and counties like a true cell cam can be, correct?

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 05/26/22 03:13 PM

I use the Spypoiont $5 plan until Aug then go big

Mountrie - whichever plans best for each camera since you can set each one differently.

Tactacam cams ALL have to be on the same plan so, I set up 2 accounts. One account currently $5 plan for 3 cams and the other plan unlimited for 3 cams.
Posted By: 270 guru

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 07/16/22 01:54 AM

I run browning cams two for1799. Great pics and servicce
Posted By: hallb

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 07/16/22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pwyse

What camera are you using? I haven’t seen a camera plan this cheap anywhere.

I'm guessing this is Spartan. You also then pay like $3 or maybe it's $5 now for Spartan's premium service to be able to use the app basically, otherwise it just will email you the pictures. My problem when I did this was the plan I was always on with Verizon only allowed like 2 or 3 additional "connected devices". I have 10 Spartan cams and I just get my plan thru Spartan. Have all of my camera's on a single annual plan that is 12gb. If I set my camera settings properly or just don't run them all all the time, this will get me thru the year with no issues. When I do the math, it comes out to roughly $6 per camera per month.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 07/30/22 09:51 PM

Where you guys getting your Lithium batteries if you use that type. Those suckers are high like everything else
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 07/31/22 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89
Where you guys getting your Lithium batteries if you use that type. Those suckers are high like everything else

I’ve been playing around with rechargeable batteries and a solar panel. So far it’s worked better than expected.

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 07/31/22 01:41 AM

As for the cellular cam cost, I’ve looked at about every option and they seem to be somewhat neck and neck. The only way I can see cutting any cost if you can nail down a lower amount of pics and just pay for that.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 08/01/22 10:02 PM

Forest which rechargables

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 08/02/22 04:58 AM

Amazon basics rechargeable AA’s. Paired with a solar panel I have one that has been out for a year showing 97% battery, and I think that’s just because the batteries have degraded and will no longer hold the full 100.
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Cellular Camera Monthly Costs? - 09/09/22 04:45 PM

For tactacam users here's cell data plan info as well as other stuff about the cam from their site

https://tactacam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us?return_to=%2Fhc%2Frequests
© 2024 ALDEER.COM