Aldeer.com

Trail Cam to Cell Phone

Posted By: Tree Dweller

Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 11:07 AM

Sorry to be such a relic... Is it now common practice to be able to walk up to a Cam and plug into it w/ a cord to ones phone and retrieve the photos...manage..delete..etc. App needed ? Brands of Cams ?
Surely the chip readers with small screens have gone out of style. Thanks
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 02:10 PM

Even better, now the cameras just text you a picture every time a picture is taken!
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 03:28 PM

Relics are people too! As Ninji said, cell cams let you do all that from your living room. There are a few wifi types that allow you to get within several feet or more of the camera and do things but my experience with them was not positive. It seemed easier to just pull the card, swap it with fresh and go home to view the pictures. It was slow process to download the pics to your phone if you had a lot of images. Cell cams wins hands down IMO. Which cell cam you ask? Which is better Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda.....everybody got an opinion.

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji
Even better, now the cameras just text you a picture every time a picture is taken!

Very funny. smile There is no cell signal at my house. I want no new bills anyway.
People say you must be close for the wifi feature(bug) to work. And it sucks.

To that point. I have an old stealthcam that has a port that I connect to my desktop. I think
they quit doing this years ago. I never put this cam out anymore because of it's value to
me as a chip reader, at my home, on a desktop.

A cell phone seems the perfect "field" viewer.

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 07:35 PM

Maybe this is me.

20$ adapter on Amazon. Knew it. Thanks

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/21/22 07:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/22/22 02:49 AM

I got a iPhone card reader last week. It’s about 1.5 inch squared. Plug into phone and put SD card in and boom! Think it was $20 at academy.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/28/22 11:30 PM

BTW Simmons has a Browning Defender 850 on sale for $90 now. It transfers via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to cel phone within a certain # feet.
Posted By: James

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/29/22 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tree Dweller
[Linked Image]

I have that one and a few other ones. They'll work great for a while then my phone will stop recognizing it. Not just my phone either.

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/29/22 08:57 PM

I have been told that by someone else since I got on this kick ? Thanks
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Trail Cam to Cell Phone - 04/30/22 05:44 PM

Buy the Apple brand SD card reader on Amazon.
It works like a champ.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM