Aldeer.com

New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP!

Posted By: more_than_horns

New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/14/21 05:06 PM

Against my better judgement I gave Moultrie Mobile another shot since the new Delta mobile camera had received such good early reviews. Unboxed 3 from Amazon today and 2 of the three won't power on. I called customer service and the gentleman informed me they were having problems with the cameras powering on after the initial boot-up. His only recommended solution was to send them back to Amazon.

At $99 a piece it would have been a great deal if they had worked. Moultrie disappoints again...
Posted By: billrv

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/15/21 05:07 PM

I don't think any manufacturer can make a reliable cell cam and sell it for $100 even being built in China
Posted By: Dr594

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/16/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by billrv
I don't think any manufacturer can make a reliable cell cam and sell it for $100 even being built in China
Posted By: Stoney

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/17/21 02:02 PM

I have a couple of SpyPoint Links and a SpyPoint camera and have constant problems with them. Had to send one of the Links back two times and it still doesn't work. One of them the replaced and the old one and the replacement both didn't work.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/17/21 06:49 PM

And I’ve got 3 spypoints that have been Great. It’s really the luck of the draw with China made crap nowadays

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/17/21 08:43 PM

You would hope, some American camera company would find a way to build and sell great cameras at prices that compete with China. We as a country say we have the best technology and the best know how of any country in the world, yet we can't produce products to compete price wise with other countries.
If China closed their doors the great Wal Marts and Amazons would be out of business in 30 days. It is not all tied to wages, but we just always use that as the reason.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/19/21 01:23 AM

That sux... I was eye balling them since my other Moultries have been flawless
Posted By: dBmV

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/19/21 02:30 AM

I got one today. Delivered from bass pro for $79. Planned on putting it out tomorrow but the weather says that is not going to happen. I'll try to get it set up tomorrow anyways and put it up here at the house and see what happens.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/19/21 04:28 PM

I am going to get a Reconyx cell camera soon. They cost a little more up front but nearly all the reviews I have read are very positive and they seem to be worth the extra cost because of reliability, customer service and they are made in the Good Ole USA.
Posted By: billrv

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/20/21 12:34 AM

Just a little intel strictly from experience, I use cell cams for business and recreation mostly in areas that have moderate to low cell service. I thought the SP Link S would be the way to go so I bought three of them almost two year ago at first they did fine although the picture quality is not great all I needed to do is tell me when hogs were in an area. About a year ago they had a server crash which really negatively effected the operation of the camera. SP wont tell you this but I believe they out sold their ability to support the back end transmission since they flooded the market with value based cameras and the Cell Link. So I didn't want to take a chance on another China made camera so I bought Reconyx to replace the SP, the only positive SP had was the solar charger so I bought the solar package Reconyx offers and haven't looked back. To prove the difference in the two I put both on the same tree or T post, Reconyx blew SP away with better picture quality and transmission.

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 06/21/21 08:04 PM

Reconyx needs to offer cell programs like Spy Point does. Their prices for cell service is great -- $0 FOR 100 PICTURES A MONTH OR $5.00 FOR 250 PICTURES A MONTH IS CHEAP
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/22/21 07:08 PM

I grabbed 3 Reveals and they have been going well. Plans affordable, Downside ya have to request HD photos for better clarity BUT,
for what I've paid and the reviews it's a good trade off. Military discount is legit...
Posted By: TDog93

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/26/21 11:10 PM

My mother and law bought me one for Christmas - since I tagged out early - I was not going to start plan until the fall - hope it works - never used cell cam only regular cams
Posted By: Bcbama260

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/26/21 11:30 PM

Really is luck of the draw. I’ve got 4 SPYPOINT and a cell link with no issues. U have to keep the firmware updated and I usually get them to do it remotely so I don’t have to drive 3hours. Also have a stealth cam that I know missed all kind of deer pics
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 12:17 AM

kodiak, you using the Energizer batteries? Those suckers arent cheap.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 01:01 PM

Haven't had an issue with my Moultrie delta yet. a few pics have had the whiteout conditions, but there were at the transition between low light and dark scenarios. Overall for 100$ I'm pretty happy with the camera.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by HBWALKER14
Haven't had an issue with my Moultrie delta yet. a few pics have had the whiteout conditions, but there were at the transition between low light and dark scenarios. Overall for 100$ I'm pretty happy with the camera.

Just give it time. Lol

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
Originally Posted by HBWALKER14

Just give it time. Lol

Only issue ive had with my moultries in the past is the app messing up a couple of times. other than that ive been pleased. I think its luck of the draw as previously stated.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 07:45 PM

You don't have to spend a ton for a great cell camera. Browning Scout for $200 has been flawless for me after being in the woods for a year so far. Great pictures, batteries last forever, reliable signal, quality camera build. Yes they are a little more at $200 per camera but i had no problem finding them on sale during thanksgiving and Christmas for $150. No brainer.

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89
kodiak, you using the Energizer batteries? Those suckers arent cheap.

Buy them on amazon. I uses lithium's in mine. Bought a 24 pack off amazon for around 25$
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/27/21 08:35 PM

This is how I can tell you haven’t tried a Tactacam
Originally Posted by billrv
Posted By: Here4fun

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/28/21 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06
I grabbed 3 Reveals and they have been going well. Plans affordable, Downside ya have to request HD photos for better clarity BUT,
for what I've paid and the reviews it's a good trade off. Military discount is legit...

I bought two of the Reveal Tactacams summer of last year and have run them full time non stop and they have been great. I think they are the only really good cheap cell camera around or under $100. They seem to always trigger and always work. Also pretty good on battery life.

My other cameras are three Spartans and they are the top of the line in my opinion, they just cost a more. Ive been running them non stop as well going into 3 years now and they have never failed and are great on batteries. Also they send photos to both your phone and email. The Reveal only texts you the photos.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 07/29/21 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Here4fun
Originally Posted by kodiak06

I bought two of the Reveal Tactacams summer of last year and have run them full time non stop and they have been great. I think they are the only really good cheap cell camera around or under $100. They seem to always trigger and always work. Also pretty good on battery life.

My other cameras are three Spartans and they are the top of the line in my opinion, they just cost a more. Ive been running them non stop as well going into 3 years now and they have never failed and are great on batteries. Also they send photos to both your phone and email. The Reveal only texts you the photos.

The Reveal sends them to an app, not a text.
Posted By: 243ackley

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 08/13/21 12:15 PM

Just saw this. One of my older moultrie’s died last week and moultrie gave me 50% off to replace it ( it was out of warranty and yes this is great customer service)

The website let me order 3 deltas for $160. I took one out of the box to test it and it was bad right out of the gate.

I sent all 3 back yesterday.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: New Moultrie Delta - A FLOP! - 08/13/21 08:15 PM

I buy the low end Moultries and have had 4 so far that all worked great. The oldest one finally quit working at night and was all squirrel chewed and ant infested but still worked ok for daylight pics.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM