Aldeer.com

Offseason pics

Posted By: Catfish28

Offseason pics - 05/31/21 09:37 PM

So I got access to 2 new tracts of land for next year and put a cam on each today. With a little corn and protein around each one. So question for you guys running year round cams. What are you looking for in summer months? This place being new to me I’m just looking for a general health of herd. Buck to doe ratios. When the fawns are born.
What else?
Posted By: Dr594

Re: Offseason pics - 06/01/21 12:50 PM

You pretty much nailed it. I look for the velvet coke cans on heads.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Offseason pics - 06/06/21 01:05 AM

About what you said. I’ve got some bucks on my property that are homebodies. Pretty cool for me to watch them grow from year to year. You will have some deer on camera and learn their routine and habits but once the season comes in you will start seeing more.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Offseason pics - 06/06/21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

About what you said. I’ve got some bucks on my property that are homebodies. Pretty cool for me to watch them grow from year to year. You will have some deer on camera and learn their routine and habits but once the season comes in you will start seeing more.

Same here. I like watching them grow over the summer. The pic below is around 35 days of growth on both bucks. Have 9 different bucks visiting my mineral lick daily. Most of the doe's have fawned over the last 3 weeks.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Offseason pics - 06/06/21 09:45 PM

Nice pics swamp-fever
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: Offseason pics - 06/08/21 05:42 PM

Where in the state you have fawns being born? Figure we’re still a month out where I hunt in jefferson co.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Offseason pics - 06/09/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Catfish28
Where in the state you have fawns being born? Figure we’re still a month out where I hunt in jefferson co.

I am in Missouri.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Offseason pics - 06/11/21 01:08 AM

^^^^
U turkey Hunt Swamp Fever? I miss turkey hunting Missouri - was great State for me - beautiful land - lot of turkeys
© 2024 ALDEER.COM