Aldeer.com

Backyard Buck

Posted By: Phil_Army

Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 05:14 AM

We bought a house with a little bit of land a few years ago. After living in a neighborhood, I was itching to shoot some deer at my new house so I killed a few does right away. Since then I've planted a food plot back there in the pasture and occasionally put out some corn just to be able to see some deer. Never seen anything big, just does and young bucks. There's about 400 acres behind us that a few archery hunters lease so it's a pretty low pressure area.

My 5 year old was itching to go hunting with me (he'll only sit for about 30 minutes) so I decided to put some corn and a camera in the back corner of the pasture so that me and him could go sit before dark one day this week. We planned to go on Wednesday because he doesn't have wrestling practice that day. The corn had been out for a few days by then. At the last minute he said he'd rather go visit his NeeNee instead of going hunting. Sure enough, I pull the card out of the camera on Thursday and look what we would've seen if we had went on Wednesday. I couldn't believe we have a deer like that in our backyard...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jb20

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 05:41 AM

Get after him he'll be back...good luck
Posted By: bhammedic84

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 05:41 AM

you best be trying to kill that thing, he is damn near perfect
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 05:47 AM

We sat inside my truck this afternoon til dark watching the field, they’re used to it being in the driveway and didn’t pay us any attention. Had 6 does and 2 bucks coming to the corn about 5:00 but the big daddy didn’t show up. I’m going to sit from 4-dark every night I can
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 07:03 PM

Pretty buck - good luck - hope u get him - daylight pics may mean he getting ready to die
Posted By: Hunter454

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 07:49 PM

3 year old
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 07:56 PM

That deer has some very good mass, he has been eating his Wheaties and taking his vitamins.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TDog93
Pretty buck - good luck - hope u get him - daylight pics may mean he getting ready to die

Not getting. He was ready to die Wednesday. Lol.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Backyard Buck - 01/09/21 11:42 PM

🤣
© 2024 ALDEER.COM