Aldeer.com

Age this buck

Posted By: daylate

Age this buck - 09/30/19 07:41 PM

He changed very little from last year to this year. Let him pass last year hoping he would gain some mass. he didn't. Bottom two pics are last year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Age this buck - 09/30/19 07:43 PM

Guess my attempt at inserting an image didn't work. How do you insert the image and not just the link?
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Age this buck - 09/30/19 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by daylate
Guess my attempt at inserting an image didn't work. How do you insert the image and not just the link?

copy where it says "hotlink for forum" on postimage then just paste it into the text no need to use any of the insert tools

Re: Age this buck - 09/30/19 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by daylate

copy where it says "hotlink for forum" on postimage then just paste it into the text no need to use any of the insert tools

Thanks!
Posted By: top cat

Re: Age this buck - 09/30/19 08:18 PM

Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Age this buck - 10/01/19 02:27 AM

He gained some inches from last year to this one. I’d say he was three last year and this year he is a solid four year old
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Age this buck - 10/01/19 03:39 AM

Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Age this buck - 10/01/19 06:50 PM

If you pass that deer up, I guarentee you the next guy who sees him will drive him to the taxidermist. Beautiful deer, no way I could watch him walk away.

Re: Age this buck - 10/01/19 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
If you pass that deer up, I guarentee you the next guy who sees him will drive him to the taxidermist. Beautiful deer, no way I could watch him walk away.

The neighbors will shoot him if they see him. No question about it. They have made it clear they will shoot ANY rack buck they see. There is an old buck on this property that is at least 7.5 that I would love to get a chance at, but he hasn't gotten that old by being dumb. Here he is the last 3 years:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Age this buck - 10/01/19 08:10 PM

Hes a big ole pretty sucker too. Good luck with both of them. Either would be a trophy to me.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Age this buck - 10/02/19 01:08 AM

thats a beautiful old buck.

Re: Age this buck - 10/02/19 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
thats a beautiful old buck.

He is a crafty old buck too. He went nocturnal last fall just before bow season and the next daytime picture of him was the day after gun season closed. Check this chit out (note the date and time on the pictures):

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Age this buck - 10/02/19 03:07 PM

dayum
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Age this buck - 10/03/19 12:16 AM

I've got my lucky horse shoe and for the right price.....

Re: Age this buck - 10/03/19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by OlTimer
I've got my lucky horse shoe and for the right price.....

I am convinced you have a lucky rabbit's foot rectally inserted and no, I don't want to borrow it!
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Age this buck - 10/03/19 07:48 PM

That drop tine buck obviously knows how to read a calendar
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Age this buck - 10/03/19 07:52 PM

I had a buck with split brow tines who would show up on my trail camera right around 10:00 PM like clock work- never during daylight hours. When the farmer harvested his corn crop where I suspected he bedded, I decided to hunt him during the rut. On 11/8/2003 he chased a hot doe past me at first light. He scored 167+ P & Y. I’ll post pictures later
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Age this buck - 10/04/19 12:27 PM

post that pic Bud, that is one good looking buck.

Re: Age this buck - 10/04/19 01:31 PM

The old buck is the dominant buck in the area and fights non stop as the rut approaches. Lots of broken antlered bucks by the time the rut starts. He was fighting this 4 year old 10 pt every time I had a picture of them in the same place. The 10 pt disappeared in early January and has not been back. I think the neighbors got him.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Age this buck - 10/22/19 01:58 AM

Here is another one in same spot. First 3 pics are last year. I'm talking about the little 8. Last 3 pics are this year. How old do you think? I think 3 or 4 max but he improved significantly.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And this year
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM