Aldeer.com

Trailcam idea

Posted By: Joe4majors

Trailcam idea - 09/27/19 03:07 AM

For whoever steals this idea, at least leave me a little money in your will. It seems there would be use of a trailcam with a telephoto lens. Imagine being able to put a camera 100 yards from a feeder, or focused on one corner of a field, etc. I see the advantage of not having to go into those spots to check camera and bugger them up and also no noise from the camera. I suppose a cellular cam would do the same thing though. The limiting factor would be the motion sensor, unless there is some way to focus that towards a distant area. Also would only work for daylight conditioning.
Posted By: Chancetribe

Re: Trailcam idea - 09/27/19 03:38 AM

How would you focus the lens at the different distances from 0 to 100 and every distance between?

Jeremy
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Trailcam idea - 09/27/19 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chancetribe
How would you focus the lens at the different distances from 0 to 100 and every distance between?

Jeremy

That’s just adjusting/setting the aperture for a high depth of field.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Trailcam idea - 09/27/19 06:09 PM

Unless I'm missing something, motion detection in trail cams is really misleading. It's really temperature change(IR) that triggers these cameras. If the IR sensors are sensitive enough to trigger at 100 yards, I'm sure that few folks could afford them. But heck I'm just a dumb redneck wink
Posted By: daylate

Re: Trailcam idea - 09/28/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chancetribe

Jeremy

Built in rangefinder using the same signal as the trigger?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM