Aldeer.com

Age and Weight

Posted By: jallencrockett

Age and Weight - 02/27/19 01:47 PM

Looking back at a game pic from my little 9 acres in Lowndes county and I think this is the buck that I thought I hit but could only find what I assume was brisket hair. I think he is in his prime 5.5 in this pic and well over 200. So how old and how much do yall believe he weighed?

The pain is I had him at 35 yards broadside walking parallel and 99/100 I would have dropped him there but I was so conscious of earlier misses in the year I "mehhed" to stop him. That was the very first time I have ever done that. It worked and he stopped in his tracks but behind 2 trees. I guess I rushed the shot. Lesson learned only meh where you want them to stop..Maybe next year.

https://imgur.com/a/TkBWuW2
Posted By: lances

Re: Age and Weight - 02/27/19 09:43 PM

He’s a nice deer hard to judge from one picture. I’ve had a couple of deer bolt after mahhing lol. Most of the time it works though
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Age and Weight - 02/28/19 01:06 PM

Are ya'll bow huntin? I've never tried to stop a deer gun hunting unless he's good ways off. He's fat rascal, big neck, probably 5-6.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Age and Weight - 02/28/19 07:39 PM

I never try to stop a deer when gun hunting. I won't do it bow hunting if the deer is close and slow. I saw Will Primos screw up shooting a huge buck in Montana at close range by trying to stop it. First sound and the buck bolted away.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Age and Weight - 02/28/19 09:06 PM

Troy I have never tried to stop a deer before. I was just so conscious of a couple misses from earlier in the season that I tried it. He stopped like he ran out of rope. I still swore I drilled him as he ran off with his nearest front leg barely working. I only found hair. Followed his track 70 to 80 yards but in the flood plain I was in I could see 300 yards.. He was gone. Not a drop of blood. Upon hindsite I think he was favoring that leg. I never saw him till he was parallel @ 90 degrees. That pic was 2 years ago . Very similar rack but he looked like an angus.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM