Aldeer.com

Camera opinions

Posted By: Mdees

Camera opinions - 08/23/18 05:25 PM

Hi all,
I’m looking to take Cabelas up on their trade-in discount with a couple of older, dead trail cameras. I have run a selection over the years from Moultrie, Cuddyback and Primos. I still have 3 Primos Truth 35 cams and I think a couple of Stealthcams I got last season(they are all still in the woods). I know what my results have been with certain brands and models but I’d like the honest opinions of some others with real-world experience. Which to avoid, what has the better battery life, etc. Obviously, I prefer cameras that will last 3-4 seasons at least(i’ve Had a truthcam with the D-batteries for 6 years now). Budget is $100-200 retail.
Thank you for any info.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Camera opinions - 08/23/18 07:20 PM

Browning!
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: Camera opinions - 08/24/18 10:07 PM

Browning is tough to beat. I bought a couple 2 years ago and have run them from August-May both years. Zero problems and the batteries have only been changed once or twice a year
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Camera opinions - 08/24/18 10:34 PM

I concur. Browning
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Camera opinions - 08/25/18 12:11 AM

Thank you for the replies. I will see if I can find some Brownings in that price range.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Camera opinions - 08/25/18 04:24 AM

I ran about 30 cuddeback ambushes a week they would be fine cameras were it not for the fact that they were built like garbage, they did take good pics..probly some of the best actually. I really like bushnell trophy cams. I think the brownings are fine little cameras for the money. Id run from anything wildgame makes...they make fancy paper weights.
Posted By: Booger

Re: Camera opinions - 08/26/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
I ran about 30 cuddeback ambushes a week they would be fine cameras were it not for the fact that they were built like garbage, they did take good pics..probly some of the best actually. I really like bushnell trophy cams. I think the brownings are fine little cameras for the money. Id run from anything wildgame makes...they make fancy paper weights.

30!!!!?
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: Camera opinions - 08/26/18 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mdees
Thank you for the replies. I will see if I can find some Brownings in that price range.

The Browning strike force HD Pro is a great camera you can get for $159.
The Strike Force Extreme is $119 and is a step below the HD Pro Quality wise, but still a solid camera
Posted By: Limbhanger1959

Re: Camera opinions - 09/05/18 06:50 PM

Browning!
Posted By: JBL

Re: Camera opinions - 09/05/18 07:32 PM

Another vote for browning
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Camera opinions - 09/05/18 07:42 PM

I have a bushnell aggressor I run all year long and it has worked flawlessly for 4 years nonstop.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Camera opinions - 09/10/18 01:59 AM

another vote for browning got 4 that have been running 3 years with no issues and with lituim batteries it seems like the stay charged most of the year
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Camera opinions - 09/12/18 04:07 PM

I think BPS has a browning on sale for $99.
I have 4 Brownings. Love em
Posted By: Tightline

Re: Camera opinions - 10/03/18 01:40 AM

I've started using the Muddy Pro cams. I really, really like them. L&M Fleet Supply has some great deals on them. Fast shipping too. I've used 'em all. Nearbout.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Camera opinions - 10/03/18 03:07 AM

Love my Browning. Only thing I don’t like is how it works in TimeLapse mode.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: Camera opinions - 10/11/18 12:47 PM

I have always been a moultrie guy and, to a certain extent, I still am because I own so many. I did buy one of the Browning Strike Force cameras last year based on recommendations from this site. I love it and will buy more.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM