Aldeer.com

Cuddelink

Posted By: canvasback

Cuddelink - 08/12/18 01:38 AM

Just purchased four of these cameras.....love the concept of having to only check one camera. Read all the reviews I could and couldn't find much negative stuff. anybody have any personal experience/feedback on them?
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Cuddelink - 08/13/18 03:22 AM

Not yet, but maybe after Christmas. It sounds like a perfect set up. Put the cam station at the cabin and check all cameras before hunting. Sounds like a no brainier.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Cuddelink - 08/13/18 02:40 PM

You would think just having all cellular cams would eliminate the need to check any cameras. Does cuddelink send pics to your phone as well or no?
Posted By: gmterry

Re: Cuddelink - 08/13/18 09:15 PM

I have used them since February. Like all good products, they have their limitations. PM if you ever need help or have questions.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Cuddelink - 08/13/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
You would think just having all cellular cams would eliminate the need to check any cameras. Does cuddelink send pics to your phone as well or no?

I think you can get a cuddelink mobile
Posted By: Ike McCaslin

Re: Cuddelink - 08/14/18 08:27 PM

Yeah you can have a string of linked cams that all send their photos to a designated hub cam, which you can check in person or set up as a mobile unit, so that a single mobile unit can send you itemized photos from a whole string of cameras with only 1 cellular account/charge. They all also record on an sd card as backup. In theory it makes a ton of sense, and they do work...but like has been stated above...they do have limitations

Re: Cuddelink - 08/15/18 06:48 PM

Thanks fellas!
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Cuddelink - 08/16/18 01:19 AM

Exactly what limitations do they have because im looking at these also???
Posted By: Ike McCaslin

Re: Cuddelink - 08/16/18 05:11 AM

Their linking capabilities vary with environmental factors like terrain and vegetation thickness...pretty much what you’d expect. I don’t know enough to swear what they will or won’t do...just don’t expect that you’ll be able to scatter a handful of them all over a big tract and get reliable communication between units.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Cuddelink - 08/16/18 11:42 AM

Yeah those limitations are listed in the product description and should be expected with any radio communication like these cams use.
The way the limitations was spoken of earlier in this thread it would lead one think these things weren't worth the cost or trouble to have them

Re: Cuddelink - 08/16/18 04:46 PM

Got the cameras delivered yesterday......I will post an update on how they do when I get them put out. I have four cameras and one dedicated home base unit that collects the photos only (not equipped with a camera).
Posted By: gmterry

Re: Cuddelink - 08/17/18 04:08 PM

It all depends on your goals. They have been a success for me. And like I said early, all god products have limitations (battery life, quality of pictures, range)
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Cuddelink - 08/17/18 04:35 PM

Why cant your phone be the base and it just sends all images to your phone? Why do they have to send through each camera?

Re: Cuddelink - 08/17/18 06:56 PM

Because you have to have a cell contract to have the pics sent to your phone. With this system you have the option of just using the cameras to relay images along a daisy chain of cameras and collect on one camera using their own radio frequency to talk to one another and avoid a cell contract for images.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Cuddelink - 08/24/18 12:57 AM

Just checking to see if you have tried the cameras yet

Re: Cuddelink - 08/24/18 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65
Just checking to see if you have tried the cameras yet

Yes...have them out now. Working good so far....only checked pics once but good quality. My property is pretty small so no issues with range.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM