Aldeer.com

Cellular game cameras?

Posted By: Atoler

Cellular game cameras? - 07/18/18 02:01 AM

What’s the best thing going now? Gonna purchase a couple in the next week or so, and haven’t really kept up with the different brands.
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/18/18 07:33 PM

IF I had the money Id go with the cuddeLink system. Purchase up to 14 cameras I believe and only need one cell plan.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/19/18 12:27 PM

My Spartan has done well but you have to set it up with a car battery in order to get 3-4 months battery life. I think we are gonna get a cuddylink system this year (4-5 cameras). The idea is spot on so hopefully it will work as advertised.
Posted By: Reptar

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/19/18 01:39 PM

I've had my eye on the Bushnell Impulse but they appear to have pushed the release date back to mid September (per Lancaster, Cabelas, etc..). Be careful of buying any older cameras with 3G network, as I understand it, Verizon will shut off their 3G service in 2019 and ATT will soon follow.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/20/18 12:26 PM

I see where Primos is coming out with a relatively cheap unit (SG has it for $180 IIRC). I might look into it myself once I see a review or 12.
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/20/18 02:50 PM

What are the cellular options? Is it like a normal monthly billing, auto draft, any prepaid options like straight talk etc???
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/22/18 10:51 PM

I have as able to add mine on to my Verizon contact for $5/month. But you can do prepaid. Some have app you have to use ( and pay an extra monthly fee in some cases) other send you a direct text or email. They are all a little different.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/25/18 02:03 PM

what cams work with AT&T? All of them or are they model specific
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/26/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Turkeymaster

The units I have seen or model/make specific. There is an ATT version and a Verizon version of the same model camera.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/26/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by trailertrash
Originally Posted by Turkeymaster

The units I have seen or model/make specific. There is an ATT version and a Verizon version of the same model camera.

thanks
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/26/18 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by trailertrash
I see where Primos is coming out with a relatively cheap unit (SG has it for $180 IIRC). I might look into it myself once I see a review or 12.

I like their regular trail cams for a cheap camera. I hope to see good feedback. I want to try some kind of cell cam possibly next year.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 07/30/18 01:32 AM

I emailed Primos about their release date. They said it would be early September. I’m interested in trying one of theirs. The Bushnell Impulse (yet to release) is also intriguing with a built in GPS chip to locate stolen cameras.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/01/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by FlyinRN
I emailed Primos about their release date. They said it would be early September. I’m interested in trying one of theirs. The Bushnell Impulse (yet to release) is also intriguing with a built in GPS chip to locate stolen cameras.

That would great if worked well. GPS to track it down
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/04/18 12:26 AM

Primos was supposed to be out in february. Ive gotta wonder if there were problems getting it released. Several sales sites had them listed as supposed to be arriving any day, they still havnt got any. I might be weary of the first run.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/04/18 02:49 AM

Ordered a Spypoint today.
Posted By: UADeerHunter

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/07/18 01:30 PM

I have 2 Snyper Commander 3g (AT&T) units that work great. They are prepaid plans.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/11/18 01:20 AM

The gps feature is not new. My bushnell aggressor gives a location when turned on.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Cellular game cameras? - 08/19/18 01:25 AM

I already have CovertWireless cams and actually ordered a third today but I also bought a Spypoint cellular camera today at Bass Pro. I figured for $195 out the door it was worth a try ( actually with saved up gift cards it was only $45 of my money lol). I was going to wait on the Primos but I don’t like that they have put off the original available date......sounds like probably found some bugs.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM