Aldeer.com

Deer in backwater

Posted By: top cat

Deer in backwater - 03/02/18 02:39 AM

Deer are amazing. River is getting up with all the rain doesn't seem to bother them

[Linked Image]

They are actully walking towards the river. Camera maybe under water by now. Check on it over the weekend.
Posted By: James

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/02/18 06:21 AM

Cool.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/02/18 03:24 PM

In most places, the actual river bank is the last place to flood.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/02/18 06:45 PM

I hunt a place that floods terribly and I get more pics of deer going back and forth at all times of the day when its flooded than when its dry. I have several that they look like loch ness monsters swimming through. They spend a lot of time in there for some reason.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/02/18 09:11 PM

One of the biggest deer I ever shot was in water about that deep when the river flooded in Fosters AL. he dropped and went completely under. I had to walk around in waders until I basically tripped over him.

Was an interesting hunting experience.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/03/18 12:35 AM

Cool pic
Posted By: muddyfeet

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/04/18 03:14 AM

thumbup

Cool pic
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/04/18 04:27 AM

I have better luck when a lot of timber is flooded. I have seen them swim to islands to bed down. Islands way off that are only 10ft wide
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/04/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jbc
One of the biggest deer I ever shot was in water about that deep when the river flooded in Fosters AL. he dropped and went completely under. I had to walk around in waders until I basically tripped over him.

Probably illegal, too.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/05/18 01:11 AM

Why illegal?
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/05/18 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by AC870
Why illegal?

See #12....

http://www.eregulations.com/alabama/guide/prohibited-methods-hunting/
Posted By: jbc

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/05/18 01:44 PM

whoops. ill take him off the wall and turn myself in this afternoon
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/06/18 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by jbc

Probably illegal, too.

Only if he was swimming. If he was walking he was fair game on land.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/09/18 07:58 PM

Our hunting club floods just like that. I have seen several deer wading through flooded timber, if you ask me, there isn't a cooler sight in the woods than watching a big buck splash through the swamp chasing a doe and grunting with every step. I've seen it for the past three years out of the same tree like clockwork on the last weekend in January.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Deer in backwater - 03/11/18 05:00 PM

I love that too Nightwatch. The sound of deer walking in water make my hair stand on end. I love it!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM