Aldeer.com

Just got my first camera that send pics

Posted By: muzziehead

Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 03:59 AM

I am sure some of you guys have been using these for awhile now but I just decided to try one out after doing some pretty in depth research on them. I settled for a SNYPER camera and also purchased the solar panel charging system so I would not have to be concerned with the battery life. This thing is absolutely addicting. I thought I was bad when I just ran my regular cameras but this is just too cool. If I had about 5 more cameras, I might actually be able to kill a turkey or two this season. It takes great pics day and night, and sends them to me within 1 minutes of the trigger activating. I decided to sign up with ATT plan that Snyper offered for unlimited pictures for a year and an annual fee of $120. It will save me more than that in gas alone.

Here are a few of my first pics day and night. Video mode is nice too but files are too large to send via text.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sj22

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 07:30 AM

Those are great pics
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 12:15 PM

Heck yeah man. What did that camera cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 12:16 PM

Nice pictures, a lot of my friends have Spartan cams but some have mixed reviews. Update us if you start having any problems with yours. Do they offer this cam with Verizon service?
Posted By: James

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 02:48 PM

Nice...I don't need one though, cause i wouldn't get no work done during hunting season if I had one lol...

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 03:48 PM

The camera itself was $249, and the solar panel that attaches was $100. So you have basically $350 in the camera and its accessory. Snyper offers two plan options, one through ATT and the other I believe is TMobile. The ATT plan is basically $10 per month. I just opted to sign up for a full year so I would not have to keep paying $10 every month. I will likely use it to monitor hog trap during the off season.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/21/18 05:51 PM

Very nice. Good outlook for next season for sure.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/22/18 12:03 AM

Welcome aboard!

You are very correct.....they are addicting!!
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/22/18 01:40 AM

Your pictures are a lot better then mine was. I had bought a Snyper camera the season before last and the pictures were horrible. It had some kind of fish eyed lens that made deer look very, very far away. I was expecting my pictures to appear as yours do. They are fun, that's for sure!
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/22/18 05:50 AM

I have 8 snyper 3G cameras. I love them. It is very addicting. I look forward to waking up in the morning and check my phone!
Posted By: Fl_Cracker

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/22/18 05:39 PM

Is the left 1/3 of the pic distorted a little ?
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/22/18 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fl_Cracker
Is the left 1/3 of the pic distorted a little ?

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't appear to be showing up in the night photos.

Good deal Muzzie, that'll be my next step, maybe next year. They keep getting techno higher and higher on these things.

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/23/18 01:51 AM

No, it is a little more grainy than the area directly in front of the camera. For IR pic I felt It was pretty good. The only thing that I have Noticed is that it doesn’t send every picture but they are stored on the memory card
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/25/18 01:42 AM

I happened up on 5 of the Spartan 3g ATT cams about a month ago that were used for a really good price. They have the app where you can control everything from your computer or phone. I think they will greatly help during deer season.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/28/18 04:10 AM

Nice bucks man. Im glad u posted the cost per month. Im gonna get me the cam and 120 a year plan. Thanks
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/28/18 02:06 PM

I have fought the urge long enough. I am going to have to get a couple. Do the data plans cover more than one camera, like a bundle, or will you have to pay separate.???
Posted By: CD

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 02/28/18 06:51 PM

Nice pics! Anyone use these to monitor gates or buildings? CD.
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 03/01/18 02:31 PM

Nice! Thinking hard about getting me a couple of those Snyper's.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 03/01/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by CD
Nice pics! Anyone use these to monitor gates or buildings? CD.

I have two Coverts that after the season is over I set up one at my house and the other at the camp to monitor activity.

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 03/02/18 03:56 AM

I just Received the Snyper General with solar panel charger. Going to set it up on my hog trap in the morning. That will save me the time of having to drive down and check it every day. This one is supposed to have better range and better pics. At this rate I may Have 12 of them in the woods before next deer season opens
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 04/09/18 02:57 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 04/09/18 04:41 PM

Is that you opening your gate or a piddler doing it for you? Also, where's the post that gate is secured to on the left right side.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 04/10/18 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by abolt300
Is that you opening your gate or a piddler doing it for you? Also, where's the post that gate is secured to on the left right side.

No it’s a club member. Gate was new and post hadn’t been set yet, they are now though.
Posted By: BobK

Re: Just got my first camera that send pics - 06/24/18 10:35 PM

Looking Good!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM