Aldeer.com

HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ?

Posted By: firemanrob12

HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/11/18 09:57 PM

What is the proper way to delete sd cards ? I have always heard to not delete them using your computer but to wait until you go back to your camera and delete the card using your camera. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. is there any way to delete the sd cards using the computer without corrupting the card for future use ?
Posted By: quailman

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/11/18 10:47 PM

I've always used my laptop. No problems that I can see.

You can also just format the disc, and it will definitely erase.
Posted By: Stob

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 12:21 AM

I deleted on my computer once. Ruined the card for use in the camera.
Posted By: UMSPORTSFAN

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 01:11 AM

you have to format the card to factory settings.. ive ran the same 10 cards for 6+ years and never 1 min of problems... i put the card in look at the pics and the format to factory settings.
Posted By: kjoe

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by firemanrob12
What is the proper way to delete sd cards ? I have always heard to not delete them using your computer but to wait until you go back to your camera and delete the card using your camera. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. is there any way to delete the sd cards using the computer without corrupting the card for future use ?

What camera? Some have their own format mode and some don't.

Example of cameras I have:

Tasco - no format mode. Do it on my laptop. Delete all pics and software on card and then my windows computer will give me a format option.

Primos - same as Tasco above

Bushnell - use the format mode on the camera or on my laptop as described above
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 01:42 AM

I've always cleared the pictures by "formatting" the card from the computer after viewing pictures. No problems whatsoever.
Posted By: Stob

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by jbatey1
I've always cleared the pictures by "formatting" the card from the computer after viewing pictures. No problems whatsoever.

enlighten us non techno nerds.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 02:27 AM

I have always just click delete all on my laptop.

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stob

enlighten us non techno nerds.

Windows 10 after I've deleted ALL files on the SD card, including DCIM etc., and the card is empty, this will appear in the top left of the screen.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOFF

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 03:14 PM

I just view on computer, save what needs to be saved, and then just delete on the cameras when I change the cards out.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: High_Voltage

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 07:20 PM

You can delete the photos out of the folder created on you card by the camera. Leave the folders on the card and it will work in whatever camera it has been in.

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 09:12 PM

There's a difference in deleting the photos and reformatting the card.

A Bushnell service tech told me I should reformat after every use on my laptop to avoid trouble with the camera. I've found that it's not always necessary, but I do reformat if a problem crops up.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/12/18 09:32 PM

For windows 7
click on windows icon
Click on computer
Find the SD card in devices with removable storage
Left click on the device/SD card and then right click
Select format.... from the menu
Click on start format in the pop up.
Done
Posted By: GKelly

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/13/18 08:43 PM

I have a little card reader i paid about 10 bucks for at basspro that plugs to my phone or tablet i just copy pics to my phones storage then delete everything on the card and stick it back in the camera been working fine for 3+ years on a browning camera
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/14/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by High_Voltage
You can delete the photos out of the folder created on you card by the camera. Leave the folders on the card and it will work in whatever camera it has been in.

Yes I use all different brands of cameras, load the pictures to a folder on my lap top then select the "E" drive(or what ever you used to load the photos) click on the folder for that card and right click delete. Very simple takes 3 clicks and about 30 seconds. I've done this on different brands of laptops as well. Works the same way every time
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/16/18 12:49 AM

I have at least 28 memory cards and delete all of the pics from them from my desktop. I have never had a problem with corrupting a card in the past 10 years. You should not have any problem. Just keep your cameras updated with any new formatting from the provider website and you should be fine. Most of mine are Cuddebacks and a few Snypers and they been working fine for years.
Posted By: Scout308

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/16/18 01:32 AM

I spoke to a Moultrie rep. Who advised to use the camera itself to delete photos or video from the card.
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/16/18 05:25 AM

You don’t have completely delete the whole card. Delete what you want then go on. I have cards that I have left really good pictures on for years but and they still work fine adding more to this day.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/21/18 01:21 AM

I use the camera’s “delete all” mode even if I’ve already deleted on the computer. No issues since I started doing this.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/21/18 02:16 AM

x2
Posted By: jbc

Re: HOW TO PROPERLY DELETE SD CARDS ? - 02/21/18 07:19 PM

ive got a 16GB card that just wont delete 10 videos off of it. no matter what I do.

gets on my nerves, but it is what it is I guess.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM