Aldeer.com

Age this deer

Posted By: huntbig

Age this deer - 01/21/18 04:40 PM

Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 04:43 PM

Buddy I say 6+ Easy. Another thing I noticed was his front leg looks oddly turned out..

Hope I can help ya drag him out soon.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 04:53 PM

8 or older
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 05:49 PM

Bout dead
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 08:02 PM

Drawing social security
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 08:20 PM

What Mr Brock said...
Posted By: coach2

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 08:54 PM

What makes you guys go that old? Not disagreeing just asking
Posted By: huntbig

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 09:10 PM

Check out his front right foot. Y’all think that has something to do with his rack?

Re: Age this deer - 01/21/18 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: coach2

Look at the gently sloping angle of his head from the antlers to his nose, his wrinkly sagging skin, especially around his eyes and shoulders, his brisket, and the overall appearance of his body is losing muscle mass and he’s arching in his back like Troy started doing a few years ago.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Mbrock
8 or older

Yep
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 02:44 PM

The phrase "old as the dirt he's standing on" comes to mind. Matt's right, when they start looking and acting like Troy, they are sure enough old!!

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 02:54 PM

Look at the gently sloping angle of his head from the antlers to his nose, his wrinkly sagging skin, especially around his eyes and shoulders, his brisket, and the overall appearance of his body is losing muscle mass and he’s arching in his back like Troy started doing a few years ago.

LOL Matt. I have a 14 year old buck on my place and you can't hardly tell us apart at any distance over 50 yards. Same stiff kneed shuffle.

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

LOL Matt. I have a 14 year old buck on my place and you can't hardly tell us apart at any distance over 50 yards. Same stiff kneed shuffle.

grin
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 05:09 PM

Prob the oldest deer in Alabama to make a daylight appearance
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 05:43 PM

That deer is old. Don't they say when they get that age they don't breed or fight anymore. Feed him good and let his last days be good ones!
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 09:57 PM

Looks like he's about to fall over and die right there

Re: Age this deer - 01/22/18 11:28 PM

I killed a very old buck one day that I saw laying "dead" out on a powerline. I drove up to within 20 yards and got out. He was laid out dead looking. I got to him and said something out loud...damn buck jumped up and ran away. I grabbed my rifle out of the truck, cut him off and killed him. BIG bodied buck with heavy bases, beams about a foot long , and no points. On his last legs, I guess I "saved" him from the yotes. Jawbone too worn to age.
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Age this deer - 01/24/18 01:04 PM

OLD !!!!
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Age this deer - 01/24/18 03:23 PM

We shot a 5 point earlier this year that was atleast 8-9 years old. He was an antique. I'll dig around and see if I still have trail cam pics
Posted By: James

Re: Age this deer - 01/28/18 12:51 AM

Dead grin
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Age this deer - 01/28/18 03:41 AM

Come on hipster James you got to # it lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM