Aldeer.com

School me on wireless game cameras

Posted By: SCR00BK

School me on wireless game cameras - 10/01/17 06:37 PM

I know several folks on here have one, and I'm hoping on y'all to steer me into which one to purchase. My current cell phone provider is AT&T. I'm not a technology inclined guy so easier to set up and use the better. Just need it to send pictures to my phone. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/01/17 08:18 PM

The att stores that we've dealt with made it real easy to set up service and all of that. As far as brands, both of ours are cheapo cams- I don't even remember the brand names. One came new from eBay. They are pretty cool to piddle with.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/02/17 12:45 PM

I tried the Moultrie last year. The Moultrie server had lot's of issues. Sometimes I would go days without it sending pictures. When it did work it never sent the pictures when they were taken it would always have delay up to a few hours.

My buddy here at work has Coverts that sends the pic to his phone and about a min after they are taken. He has several cameras out and he had the first one go bad after 5 years the other day.

I would recommend not using any camera that you have to use the mfg server to view your pics.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/02/17 08:20 PM

Covert here and no issues

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/02/17 08:48 PM

Just glancing around Amazon and it seems reviews are mixed on all of them. Covert may be the way I go just based off the above comments. I'm in no rush so i will give this thread a week or so and see what happens.
Posted By: kkfish

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/03/17 02:17 AM

Covert. Had mine couple years and easy setup.
Posted By: Hunt4Jesus

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/03/17 04:13 PM

Any work through a cspire network

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/06/17 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt4Jesus
Any work through a cspire network

Not exacstly sure what cspire network is, but I can google it.
Posted By: David Ellis

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/06/17 07:15 PM

Don't get a Spypoint. You have to view photos on their website. You must pay with international credit card. Matercard or visa only. Service for verizon is terrible. Works well at home, rarely in the woods can you get a strong enough signal. I'm stuck for about $ 700 for 2 cameras. I have had one camera back twice for repair.

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/08/17 10:29 AM

Always great information here. Thank you!
Posted By: EarlPitts

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/08/17 10:49 PM

I use Snyper. Make sure you can get at least 2 to 3 bars on service in your hunting area
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/09/17 01:21 PM

I bought a HCO 2 yrs ago for a poacher problem. AT&T plan is like $25 every 3 months.
Sends pics to your email, and will text them to you also depending on how you set up the notifications.
Very good clear pictures.

http://www.hcooutdoors.com/products/spartan-gocam.html
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/10/17 02:43 PM

Spartan Camera by HCO is the way to go. They make models specific to ATT, Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular. Since you want an ATT compatible version, go with Spartan model GC-ATTB. Has full blackout flash and camo case.
Posted By: 270wsm

Re: School me on wireless game cameras - 10/11/17 02:22 PM

I purchased a Spartan Camera last week. Set-up was very easy and I think it only costs $5 per month with Verizon. It's set-up in my backyard and I've been receiving pics throughout the day via app and email. I plan to put in the woods this weekend.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM