Aldeer.com

Best cellular Game Camera for $300???

Posted By: Dog Hunter

Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/19/17 11:57 AM

What is the best cellular game camera in the $300 price range. How much are they per month? I will need to use Verizon's service since it is the best in the area
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/19/17 12:33 PM

You wont find one for under $400 for verison that i know of.
Posted By: StateLine

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/19/17 10:43 PM

Check the Covert cameras out. I have one that uses ATT and have been pleased with it. It costs me 25.00 for 3 months of service. There are several on this site that use Coverts. They make one that uses Verizon as well.
Heres a pretty good deal I happened to see.

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/dlc...ra-dlc5120.html
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: StateLine
Check the Covert cameras out. I have one that uses ATT and have been pleased with it. It costs me 25.00 for 3 months of service. There are several on this site that use Coverts. They make one that uses Verizon as well.
Heres a pretty good deal I happened to see.

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/dlc...ra-dlc5120.html

is there any difference in the 2017 models that you`re aware of?
Posted By: StateLine

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 01:08 PM

I'm not sure about any differences.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 01:27 PM

Well sell the Jager Pro ICE camera. It is $450 and the monthly cell fee is $25. You can pay for it through the app and it works great.

I have them on bait sites. When the pigs show up, I ride over and shoot them. Sure is effective.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 07:56 PM

I like my bushnell aggressor. Under $300. Battery life good. Need to use lithium though. $10 month for 1500 pics.
AT&T
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 08:26 PM

Do not buy the Moultrie!
Posted By: Night_Stalker

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/20/17 08:29 PM

Any camera priced in the range you request will have a short life span. The "mid grade" camera types are built this way. Most are made in China and suck to be honest.

Leaky seals, blurred images, false triggers, hiccups from signal service, battery life are worst than expected. I personally found this out by starting at that level of cameras many years ago and then finally being fed up of the same old sales mfg trickery went the top end route and never have had ANY issues.

Just remember, buying cheap merchandise to save money, is like stopping a clock to save time.

Good luck on your endeavours though.

I ran many Covert brands. They have crappy seals over 1 year of use and then your internals will be all condensated and if not coated to prevent this, they fail. Covert doesn't coat their boards.

No cameras out there do you want any internal moisture but the top dogs makers coat their boards to help aid in preventing a short circuit of the unit as a protective measure.

In this hobby, you get what you pay for, plain n simple.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/21/17 11:55 AM

Hell my buddy has a covert that is 3-4 years old and still working fine.
Posted By: Dog Hunter

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 03/25/17 12:41 PM

Thanks!! I was looking at the DLC Covert Blackhawk. I've got to do more research on how many pics a month and how the app works.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 05/02/17 06:33 AM

Spend a little more to get more. Spartan GoCam runs about $450-480 depending on model. Costs $5/mo to add onto an existing Verizon plan. Comes with a 2-year warranty. Their customer service is good.
Posted By: velvet tines

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 05/02/17 03:55 PM

we are running four coverts on the at&t plans. two of them are on the $75 per year data plan. THIS IS A GREAT PLAN BUT IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE CURRENT YEAR COVERTS - think more along the 2015 models.

this is our latest summary. it would take mucho pictures to use up the data:

4GB of data for 12 months
Usage Summary:Last Updated: 05/01/2017 11:08 am
22 of 4096 MB used
99% Remaining
46 of 365 days

4GB of data for 12 months
Usage Summary:Last Updated: 05/02/2017 04:41 am
116 of 4096 MB used
97% Remaining
130 of 396 days

we have a 2014 model covert that is on the pay as you go sim card. the best deal on this one is $100 per year. i don't recall how much data it has but i know it would have to take a bunch of pictures to use all of it. it is the second best plan.

our 2016 covert has to use covert's app. it still has an at&t sim card but the pictures and camera are managed through an app. it is $9.99 per month paid to covert. it cost extra to have the pictures sent as a text message. i don't care for it but it is what covert went to to get a few dollars from johnny q. customer.

i really like the 2014 and 2015 cameras as those pictures are sent as text or email (i prefer text). i also like that i can set the alerts on my phone to a specific text tone for each camera.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 05/02/17 06:48 PM

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/...CFcUbgQodFSIEiA

Anyone ever tried this one?
Posted By: David Ellis

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 05/03/17 12:02 AM

I've have a couple of the mini live 4 G Spy points. Battery life is not that great. Slow trigger speed and night pics aren't very good. You better make sure you have a strong signal or it's not going to work. I had to send one camera back and it took a month to get a new one. I paid over $300 each for mine. The price drop surely means they are trying to unload them because they suck!
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Best cellular Game Camera for $300??? - 05/03/17 03:57 AM

I must be lucky.......
My Coverts have worked great. And, I like the app, too.
I have had some issues as they experienced 'growing pains' with updates and changes. I guess that I am just accustomed to that and understand it due to my work experience?? None have been a show-stopper, though.
I now have the 2016's. But, I have had their camera's since 2014. I have been able to upgrade through their trade-in programs and keep up with their technology in an affordable manner.
And, I gotta say......they are fun!
Oh, and I forgot....I paid less than $300 for my newest one. And, I have helped several friends do the same.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM