Looks completely normal to me?

X2 good looking youngster
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/13/17 12:23 PM

I guess ya'll ain't leg men??

legs look short to me.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/13/17 04:03 PM

They prefer the term, "little whitetails"...
Posted By: Booger

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/15/17 07:55 AM

A friend of mine shot a buck last week on my place that we had been after this year. On trail cam pics he looked short legged and pot bellied with a real wide rack. We guessed him as older than 3yrs old and 20" wide. He was always in pics by himself. When we got to the deer he looked like a hobbit white tailed buck. We guessed him to weigh no more than maybe 130Lb. He was real short, pot bellied, gray faced, short legs, short tail, little feet, and short ears. He had 8 points and the rack was 17" inside. His brows were 4", G2's were 6", G3's were 6" and his bases were 4 1/2". Not a bad rack but he looked like deer I've seen killed on Georgia's coastal islands. He looked normal, just little.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/15/17 09:14 AM

I killed a mature looking buck in Wilcox Co years ago along the Alabama River bottoms. He was walking across maybe 100 yards away, looked to be a 140"+ buck. I shot and he dropped. As I walked up to him something looked odd, wasn't till I put a hand on him I realized he was very small. Four year old buck, weighed 110 pounds LIVE weight, rack scored 117". Rack looked HUGE on that small deer. This from an area well known for BIG deer.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/15/17 12:05 PM

Reminds me of this one from Barbour Co. Deer on the right is normal. Left is a dwarf.

Posted By: Blessed

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/19/17 05:09 PM

Friend of mine years ago we were hunting and he shot a 164 inch buck that looked like he didnt weigh 90 pounds , when we pulled him up on the hook it was the weirdest looking thing we had ever seen its spine was showing all the way across its back and ribs were even showing he had run himself way down chasing does , he would have never made it through the winter he was so run down .
Posted By: charlie

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/19/17 07:11 PM

Anywhere near 112 and 64? I have killed a few with short legs in that area and have seen several piebald with short legs as well in that area in the past. Seems to be genetic and somewhat common from what I see at least.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/19/17 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: charlie
Anywhere near 112 and 64? I have killed a few with short legs in that area and have seen several piebald with short legs as well in that area in the past. Seems to be genetic and somewhat common from what I see at least.

A lot farther south.
Posted By: QDMAlan

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/20/17 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: quailman
They prefer the term, "little whitetails"...

lol beers
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/20/17 06:49 PM

Those are mountain white tails
Posted By: 1shot

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/24/17 06:51 PM

Friend of mine killed one bout 10-15 years ago 150+ 10pt looked 4-5 years old and weighed 120-130 guts and all. Deer was killed in Shelby Co.
Posted By: KENT

Re: Is this deer a dwarf? - 01/25/17 10:29 AM

We killed one in Bullock county a few years ago, 7.5 years old ,180lbs, when he walked out, i knew something "looked" different about him, big tall 6pt with strips of velvet hangin down.he looked like a little donkey, had both nads, and evrything looked normal except his big belly and short legs. After pulling jawbone and comparing it to others i had,, it was 3 inches shorter than all the other normal ones.never seen one before, pretty cool
© 2024 ALDEER.COM