Aldeer.com

CVA Blackhorn Breechplug?

Posted By: Coosa1

CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/11/21 05:21 PM

I’ve been shooting blackhorn powder in my CVA accura with the standard breech plug and it seemed to work ok. I did have one time that I had a misfire and the next trigger pull was a delayed fire but I think that was because it was starting to get fouled a little after shooting a few times.. I ordered the blackhorn breech plug and it just came in today. Will changing the breech plug change my point of impact? I’ve got an out of state hunt starting Wednesday and I’m trying to decide if I want to just stick with the standard plug or make the switch to the blackhorn plug.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/11/21 06:28 PM

I wouldn't think so but only way to know is load it up and cut it loose and find out
Posted By: top cat

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/11/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
I wouldn't think so but only way to know is load it up and cut it loose and find out

Yup
Posted By: ultratec00

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/12/21 01:11 PM

I just picked up an Accura PR and ordered the BH breech plug myself. Knowing the differences seen with my TC breech plugs, the dished out breech plug for loose may cause the bullet to be seated just a tad more than the flat face breech plug. Whether that would cause enough difference to change POI, can't say for sure. One sure way to tell if you have time, simply load one up with the new breech plug and put one down range.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/12/21 10:22 PM

I didn’t have any poi shift when I swapped mine out a few years ago.
Posted By: Jotjackson

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/12/21 10:31 PM

No change for mine either. You are using the same amount of powder, just a cleaner ignition.
That is how it worked out for me,.......
Posted By: ultratec00

Re: CVA Blackhorn Breechplug? - 01/14/21 01:29 PM

My breechplug just arrived. Took a bit of torque to seat/seal the plug for the hammer to function, but good to go. Looking at the amount of recess machined to get the powder closer to the primer, I'm betting the recess holds a good 1/4-1/3rd of the charge.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM