Aldeer.com

If money wasn’t the issue

Posted By: slick_trick

If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 04:37 AM

Which muzzleloader would you buy next? I currently have a TC triumph and like it just fine. But I’ve been thinking about changing it up. I get that way sometimes. Accuracy and easy to maintain of course. I’m just out of the loop on the newest rifles out there.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 01:16 PM

Tc pro hunter.
Posted By: J_C

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 02:50 PM

One that uses smokeless powder.

Savage made one, maybe others.
Posted By: blade

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 03:18 PM

I’d probably still buy the CVA I have now. Shoots great, fairly light and points good. I’ve thought about getting a TC or the Remington version but for a few days of hunting each year (that I really enjoy by the way), just don’t know that it would get used. I have a lot of confidence in the CVA.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 05:48 PM

SilencerCo Maxim50

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Maxim50
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 08:03 PM

Savage ML 2 Smokeless. Stainless steel and laminated stock. I own one best muzzle Loader out there. Unfortunately they don’t make them anymore so if you find one it’s gonna be pricey.
Posted By: Grumman

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/29/19 08:24 PM

I really like the fit and finish on my Knight Mountaineer. The sky is the limit anymore if money truly isn't an issue. Cooper and Gunwerks are putting out some unreal muzzleloaders...
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/30/19 12:49 PM

replica 1730s english fowler in 20 or 28 gauge, and replica carolina trade gun from the same era ...
Posted By: Sgiles

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/30/19 10:51 PM

I’m actually saving my pennies to build a trade gun from a kit if I can’t find a used one. Sucks they cost as much as they do but I’m drawn to em. BUT if we’re daydreaming I want a Mike brooks custom flinter.:)
Posted By: Clem

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 12/31/19 03:45 AM

If y'all are looking for items, consider the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.

https://www.nmlra.org/

Their big 10-day event in June includes traders and folks with a wide variety of items, from true flintlock rifles to caplock pistols. You could find flints, triggers, complete fancy or trade rifles, the works. Also have competitions. It's a cool event.

https://www.nmlra.org/calendar/2020junenationals

If you're thinking about going up for this, there is no lodging. The association is located in a spot about the size of my big toe. I think Versailles is the closest town with any lodging.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/01/20 09:14 PM

Clem. Just jump on 129 and go to madison. Plenty of places to stay there and eat
Posted By: quailman

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/02/20 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
Tc pro hunter.

Yep! Best one I've ever shot. And I've owned several.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/02/20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snuffy
Savage ML 2 Smokeless. Stainless steel and laminated stock. I own one best muzzle Loader out there. Unfortunately they don’t make them anymore so if you find one it’s gonna be pricey.

I wish I could sell mine. I've had it a couple years and haven't fooled with figuring it out.
Posted By: RIVER-MAN

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/03/20 05:57 AM

Tc pro hunter.

Yep I love my CVA but been thinking of selling it and getting a ML Barrel for my TC
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/03/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by RIVER-MAN
Tc pro hunter.

Yep I love my CVA but been thinking of selling it and getting a ML Barrel for my TC

I sold my T/C and bought a CVA Optima V2 to "downgrade" at ML since I don't use it much. The CVA out shoots the TC by a long margin. That's my personal experience, I'm sure others have different.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/03/20 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by LUMPY
Originally Posted by RIVER-MAN
Tc pro hunter.

I sold my T/C and bought a CVA Optima V2 to "downgrade" at ML since I don't use it much. The CVA out shoots the TC by a long margin. That's my personal experience, I'm sure others have different.

My Optima V2 is a shooter as well. I don't know that I'll ever have a muzzle loader as accurate as my old Remington 700ML but cleaning the Optima is a breeze vs cleaning the Remington.
Posted By: booner

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/05/20 11:49 PM

I went from a TC to an Accura V2. I will say that the Accura is more accurate, and fits me better than the TC. Don't see myself wanting to upgrade anytime in the future.
Posted By: Stob

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/06/20 01:00 AM

Rem. Ultimate.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/12/20 06:15 PM

I'm trying to talk myself into a nice custom flinter... much like this nice Jim Kibler Colonial.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sgiles

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/12/20 08:20 PM

Yeah buddy. Only bad thing about getting the bug is how expensive it can be. Theyre worth what you pay for them but on my income I have to be patient. I’ve already done the tc and Lyman route and while they’re completely capable I would like to make something to pass down.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/12/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by treemydog
I'm trying to talk myself into a nice custom flinter... much like this nice Jim Kibler Colonial.
[Linked Image]

THAT is a work of art! 2nd Amendment art!
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/13/20 04:11 AM

[Linked Image]

I bought Kibler’s Southern mountain rifle kit. It was very easy to put together. Much nicer than a pedersoli. I want to get the colonial kit in .58 smoothbore.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/13/20 01:32 PM

Hayzeus: I want a 50 cal in the colonial. I don't have a decent woodworking area, or I would have already bought one. The SMR looks almost too long to me. How does it balance?
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/13/20 05:37 PM

Hayzeus: I want a 50 cal in the colonial. I don't have a decent woodworking area, or I would have already bought one. The SMR looks almost too long to me. How does it balance?

The barrel is swamped so it balances very well. It is a long rifle. 46 inch barrel. The gun is 5 foot 2 inches long. 6 pounds 10 oz. I figure the colonial kit is about 4 foot 10 inches or 5 foot.
Posted By: Semo

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 01/18/20 12:26 AM

I probably would say a knight ultra-lite. Though that 500 would be tempting.
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 03/05/20 01:57 PM

gorgeous. ball park price of a kit? the .58 smoothbore interests me, too ...
never mind. i found the price list: $850 or so. not bad at all ...
Posted By: 2Tgunworks

Re: If money wasn’t the issue - 03/06/20 03:20 AM

I am building a 45 caliber smokeless ML off a trued rem 700 single shot action. it will be placed in a bell and carlson stock, with a Hankins rifle barrel kit, with his ignition system. it's another dream gun.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM