Aldeer.com

Bh209

Posted By: Ar1220

Bh209 - 12/21/19 04:57 AM

Does this stuff actually exist or is just figment of the internet?
Ain't nowhere I been got any and online every where is out that I have checked
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Bh209 - 12/22/19 08:37 PM

Check your local Walmart.

I bought 3 cans of it last year at Walmart after it had been marked down for clearance.

Re: Bh209 - 12/22/19 08:46 PM

Ok ty sir I'll get by there in the morning
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Bh209 - 12/23/19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat

I bought "2" cans of it last year at Walmart after it had been marked down for clearance.

Best Black powder I have ever used. At 61, I remember the days shooting Black powder and bending ram rods after 3 or 4 shots. I also remember cleaning the barrel after shooting and saying I would never shoot black powder again. I despise Wal-Mart but they usually have it here in the Shoals area stores. They usually clearance all their MZ supplies around Christmas and I stock up on it. I did the same thing Cuz did last year so I'm good for a while.

B

Re: Bh209 - 12/23/19 03:01 PM

Well stopped at 2 wal marks on the way home and a swing and a miss at both guess I'll have to just run across some or maybe go by the dreaded bass pro shop
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Bh209 - 12/24/19 01:09 AM

It's still full price at WM here.

Re: Bh209 - 12/24/19 01:45 AM

Both I went by didn't even have it
Posted By: RMcL

Re: Bh209 Is it really smokeless powder - 01/16/20 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher One
Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat

I bought "2" cans of it last year at Walmart after it had been marked down for clearance.

Best Black powder I have ever used. At 61, I remember the days shooting Black powder and bending ram rods after 3 or 4 shots. I also remember cleaning the barrel after shooting and saying I would never shoot black powder again. I despise Wal-Mart but they usually have it here in the Shoals area stores. They usually clearance all their MZ supplies around Christmas and I stock up on it. I did the same thing Cuz did last year so I'm good for a while.

B

Actually Blackhorn 209 is a nitrocellulose based smokeless powder. What has been accomplished is a recreation of early 20th century Bulk Smokeless powders - some of which remained in production through mid-century.

Here is a link to: Is Blackhorn 209 really a Smokeless Powder?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/06/11/is-blackhorn-209-really-a-smokeless-powder/
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Bh209 Is it really smokeless powder - 02/21/20 04:40 PM

I found two cans at my Wal-mart this morning on clearance. I bought both of them because I remembered this thread. I paid $19+tax each. If anybody needs it just give me my money back and meet me at Academy Sports in Prattville or at my house (Autaugaville). I have no use for it but thought you guys might still be in need and I could do my good deed for the day.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bh209 Is it really smokeless powder - 02/23/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by trailertrash
I found two cans at my Wal-mart this morning on clearance. I bought both of them because I remembered this thread. I paid $19+tax each. If anybody needs it just give me my money back and meet me at Academy Sports in Prattville or at my house (Autaugaville). I have no use for it but thought you guys might still be in need and I could do my good deed for the day.

Nice job. Hopefully someone will buy it from you

Re: Bh209 Is it really smokeless powder - 02/25/20 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by trailertrash

If no-one else speaks for it I'll take it but I have no idea when I will be back down that way.

I've got to make a trip down that way sometime later on so we shall talk then maybe, if you still have it.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Bh209 Is it really smokeless powder - 02/26/20 04:00 PM

10-4 ...Just PM me.

Re: Bh209 - 02/28/20 01:14 PM

I stopped in our local Walmart yesterday and they had one can on the shelf that was marked down.

I decided I would go ahead and purchase it.

Started to the counter with it and thought it felt sort of light.

Unscrewed the cap from it and saw that the seal had a big hole right through the center of it.

No doubt some of the propellant had been spilled out.

I showed it to the person at gun counter and they told me to just put it right back on the shelf so I did.

I guess somebody will wind up with a $19.00 can that is less than full. rolleyes
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Bh209 - 03/19/20 02:41 AM

I’ve got a can that is 4-5 years old, still more than half full too. Great stuff.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM