Aldeer.com

Muzzle loader advice

Posted By: redhedder

Muzzle loader advice - 12/12/19 03:42 PM

I am going to be in the market for a muzzle loader at the end of this season. I really need out for $250 or less. Thought I'd get your opinions. I could buy new or used if it is a good gun. Thank
Posted By: top cat

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/12/19 08:02 PM

Don't think I'd buy a used one unless it was from someone I knew. You can probably get a gun for that extra if you want a scope.
Good luck.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/12/19 09:58 PM

Look at Traditions ML’s
Posted By: Scooter7

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/12/19 10:39 PM

I bought a new Traditions Buckstalker and put a cheap tasco 3-9 scope on it for less than $250. Shoots 2" groups at 100 yds. I weight my powder loads (triple 7) vs volume and shoot 250 shockwave bullets. Had it for three years and never a single issue with the gun.. Killed numerous hogs and several doe's with it. Best thing is, never lost an animal I shot with it. Simple, easy and a blast to play with during off season too. Far from being the prettiest, but does the job well.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/13/19 02:25 AM

I have several and have an NEF Huntsman that I don't think I paid 200 dollars for 11 years ago. That gun will shoot a 1 inch group all day every day. I wouldn't get caught up in spending a bunch of money because I've seen CVA Wolf's and Buckstalkers that shoot a 1 inch group just like a 750 dollar gun.

I'd save my money and spend the extra on powder, sabots and bullets, because you'll need to try more than 1 bullet and sabot to find out what shoots the best no matter what gun you end up buying.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/13/19 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by MorningAir
I have several and have an NEF Huntsman that I don't think I paid 200 dollars for 11 years ago. That gun will shoot a 1 inch group all day every day. I wouldn't get caught up in spending a bunch of money because I've seen CVA Wolf's and Buckstalkers that shoot a 1 inch group just like a 750 dollar gun.

I'd save my money and spend the extra on powder, sabots and bullets, because you'll need to try more than 1 bullet and sabot to find out what shoots the best no matter what gun you end up buying.

Good advice. CVA Optimas shoot great as well and don’t cost much more than a Wolf or Buckstalker
Posted By: RIVER-MAN

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/24/19 08:01 AM

Got my CVA Acura used at a Pawn Shop for $ 150 OTD and clearance Nikon Scope for $100 . Shoots around 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards . Plenty pleased with it .
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/24/19 11:35 PM

A little patience can safe you some dollars like River-Man did.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Muzzle loader advice - 12/26/19 05:08 AM

Can’t beat the CVA with the speed breech.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM