Aldeer.com

Groups from the Pedersoli

Posted By: treemydog

Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/04/19 10:07 PM

Had some time today to shoot my Pedersoli Kentucky flinter. I am still getting the hang of the loading procedure, and trying not to let the pan flash produce a flinch. I did have a couple of pulled shots, and twice the main charge didn't ignite on the first pull (had to reknap the flint once to get a better edge), but overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. Not using a 'power' charge... sticking with a medium charge of 70 grains of FF Goex down the pipe, and a few grains of 4F Goex in the pan, and a .490 PRB. First group is below, and the final (best) group is last. I need to work on my sights to bring them up and right a little, but for 50 yds, iron sights, I'm tickled.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/05/19 01:40 AM

That’s good shooting. Ought to be fun to hunt with next year.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/05/19 06:06 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Morris

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/05/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by CAM
thumbup
Posted By: lances

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/15/19 09:24 PM

Wow
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/24/19 05:03 PM

Looking good! What's you're opinion on the fouling shot being the kill shot when hunting? Did you swab the barrel with denatured alcohol before loading? I do it at home before I head to the woods so that there's no leftover oil / gunk when I load.

Either way, the fouling shot would be a kill shot, IMHO.
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Groups from the Pedersoli - 03/25/19 06:07 PM

I think you are right. I think at the very least, you need to evaluate what, if any, difference the first (fouling) shot POI is in regard to the following shots. And I do swab the oiled barrel before I load the first shot, and between shots at the range with alcohol.

I have some more flints on order. I suspect the next time I hit the range, I'll take a very close look at that first shot. Most of my available shots in the woods this fall/winter will be no more than 75 yards. I hope that the POI will not be affected that much with a slick barrel at relatively close range.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM