Aldeer.com

Muzzleloader Accuracy

Posted By: btfl

Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/03/18 02:11 AM

I just put a Nikon inline xr on a Thompson Center Triumph 50 cal. The scope is mounted on a one piece talley base. Im shooting federal premium primers, 250 grain power belt aerolite bullets, and triple 7 firestar pellets. 100 grain equivalent on the pellets.

At 100 yards, I'm hitting anywhere from 6 inches above the bullseye to 6 inches below and the same left and right. Im shooting off of bags. I feel very confident in my shooting ability, just not with this gun.

This is my first muzzleloader. Im cleaning the barrel after every shot. What am I doing wrong? Should I take the scope off and start over making sure everything is torqued right? Help.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/03/18 02:46 AM

Muzzle loaders ARE finicky shooters. Check in on some muzzle loader forums and see what other guys are loading in that same rifle. If all else fails, try loose powder instead of pellets. My old Remington 700ML shoots almost 1 hole at 100 yards with 100 grains of loose Pyrodex Select and a 300gr Barnes MZ Expander. It would not shoot pellets worth a crap nor any other bullet/load combination anywhere near that accurate, not even the same bullet in 250gr over the same and/or varying powder charges.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/03/18 10:51 AM

I have the same ML Wiley. That sucker is a dang shooter.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/03/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89
I have the same ML Wiley. That sucker is a dang shooter.

Yep! I reckon they all are. There's one for sale up on tndeer.com
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/07/18 03:44 AM

Mine did not like pellets. Switched to powder and good to go
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/07/18 03:47 AM

I also switched bullets from aerotip. Can’t remember what I have but i think they quit making them. Went from 223 grain aero to 295 grain
Posted By: AC870

Re: Muzzleloader Accuracy - 10/09/18 01:55 AM

I like those T/C Cheap Shots. I hadn’t shot a deer with one yet.
I had one of those old Remington 700s. Son-of-a-Gun would shoot but dang it was a PIA to clean up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM