Aldeer.com

Looking for a Muzzleloader

Posted By: bamabeagler

Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/05/18 12:24 AM

I’ve been on the fence for a while about buying a muzzleloader but I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I’ve never been around one so I know nothing about them. I’m looking for some advice on what to look for. Lumpy has a TC encore in the classifieds that looks nice. I’ve researched the CVA’s some and they’re a good bit cheaper. I don’t mind paying more if it’s a better gun.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/12/18 03:43 AM

Encore is an excellent ML. Omega’s are too. Newer model CVA’s are also good. I’ve got an Encore and it’s a tack-driver. Killed a bunch of deer with it. Lumpy takes care of his stuff, so buy with confidence from him.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/14/18 12:01 AM

I currently have an Omega and a CVA Apex, sold my CVA Optima to my son. I have owned a Knight and it was a good gun but didn't shoot as good as either CVA or the Omega, but it killed a truck load of deer. I wouldn't hesitate to own an Encore if I was looking for another one, the main thing is take some time finding the right combo of bullet and sabbot.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/14/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Claims Rep.
Encore is an excellent ML. Omega’s are too. Newer model CVA’s are also good. I’ve got an Encore and it’s a tack-driver. Killed a bunch of deer with it. Lumpy takes care of his stuff, so buy with confidence from him.

I kinda like an Encore too. A little pricey, but worth it.
Posted By: Limbhanger1959

Re: Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/18/18 12:54 PM

what's yall's opinon on the cva wolf 50 cal, been deer hunting for many years, have always wanted to ML, gonna try it this time, just wondering about this ML
Posted By: AC870

Re: Looking for a Muzzleloader - 09/20/18 02:11 AM

I just bought a CVA Wolf. It’s a solid ML for the money.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM