Aldeer.com

My new tumbler results

Posted By: Dano

My new tumbler results - 03/18/22 03:25 AM

So I asked a while back about tumblers and I picked up a harbor freight rock tumbler and some stainless steel pins. Let's just say the results were better than expected. Trial run I did about 50 pieces of 30.06 range brass I picked up here and there. Some were green and black so I figured it may get them a little better but after 1hr in the tumbler with a little lemishine they look great even the primer pockets are clean. I'm happier than a puppy with 2 peckers.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: k bush

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/18/22 01:25 PM

That's a special kind of happy...
Posted By: ultratec00

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/18/22 02:04 PM

I haven't found anything yet that will beat beat a tumbler, SS pins, and LemiShine. There may be other cleaners out there, but have found no reason to deviate. You'll learn a few tricks from experience and advice.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/18/22 06:40 PM

Where did you get the the SS pins?
Posted By: k bush

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/19/22 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bore

Midway, Amazon etc
Posted By: Dano

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/19/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bore

I got mine from Amazon
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/19/22 08:23 PM

I was told lemishine has acid in it and your brass will eventually tarnish again, the way to stop this is to run brass in corn cob media for a while after using the lemishine, can anyone verify this.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/20/22 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by birdcarver
I was told lemishine has acid in it and your brass will eventually tarnish again, the way to stop this is to run brass in corn cob media for a while after using the lemishine, can anyone verify this.

I could see that, lemishine is a water softener and hard water is high in calcium. I personally started using this stuff called brass juice I found on YouTube. You don’t even have to use the pins with it but buddy when you do it’s spotless
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/20/22 03:22 PM

I'm new to wet tumbling but when I bought my rig I found some packs that midway had you drop in the jug and they dissolve like the clothes washing pods. Seems to work real good. I guess if you was doin a bunch of wet tumbling Iay heore expensive than the lemishine route. Yes lemishine has citric acid in it but I dontumblenin corn cob after I wet tumble and dry it.
What is this brass juice you speak of
Posted By: Cynical

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/24/22 12:33 PM

Just add a teaspoon or tablespoon of liquid car wax to your wet wash, and you won’t have to worry about tarnish.
Posted By: joe_g

Re: My new tumbler results - 03/24/22 08:38 PM

Boy,,,wish I had a puppy with 2 peckers,,,I'd be rich πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
© 2024 ALDEER.COM