Aldeer.com

Who uses the WFT

Posted By: trlrdrdave

Who uses the WFT - 03/02/21 07:23 PM

and what do you power with besides a drill. Or some good way to mount the drill down. I think I found a mini lathe that will work and may go that route unless yall have a better way.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/02/21 07:35 PM

WTH?

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/02/21 07:45 PM

Nope...WFT

Guess you ain't got one.

oops not that one..this one.

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/02/21 08:17 PM

I don’t. But I think I want one. eek

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/02/21 08:48 PM

Thinking about chucking up in this

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/03/21 01:07 AM

How would you set depth of cut?

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/03/21 04:31 PM

That is set up in the WFT. It has 2 allen screws that set the depth. I just need something to spin it. I've been using it with a drill and it works good. I just want something I can solidly bolt down and use one hand to feed the brass. A drill press would work. I have been using a drill clamped to my bench. The lathe looks like it would let me chuck the WFT in it. Seems like I saw a video of somebody doing that but I can't find it now.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/03/21 08:51 PM

Forster makes a similar 3 way cutter product for use with their case trimmers. It does not index on the shoulder like the WFT just set it up to trim to length. I use an adapter with mine which allows me to use a cordless drill or screwdriver and it's great.

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/04/21 12:47 AM

Yea that's what I want to get away from. Friend of mines daddy has an old motor that came out of something he scrounge. He put a belt on it and he got a chuck out of some other piece of machinery and it don't take hime long to trim 100 pieces. That little mini lathe looks like it would work same way and is relatively cheap.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/04/21 03:47 AM

I have a similar tool by possum hollow called a kwik case trimmer I bought but never used
Posted By: johnmcgowan

Re: Whu uses the WFT - 03/04/21 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
I have a similar tool by possum hollow called a kwik case trimmer I bought but never used

3%, Ive actually got one of those too for use on a 270 Win.
Posted By: Racksacker72

Re: Who uses the WFT - 03/05/21 02:12 AM

[img]https://postimg.cc/0bB8fLGV[/img]
Saw this on a web post somewhere
© 2024 ALDEER.COM