Aldeer.com

Case Prep Center

Posted By: furnfeather

Case Prep Center - 01/24/21 07:03 PM

Got a new Frankford Arsenal platinum trim & prep center in. About to put it though 1k rounds of small rifle and 1k 9mm over the next few days. So far so good and the first 100 SR brass of decrimp,trim,cleaning and chamfering have went smoothly and proficient.Will follow up later in the next week or so on reliability of bits,etc. Seems well built and quiet. Each station head seems to have very tight tolerances. Takes up a the space of a gallon milk jug on the bench,heavy and stays put under use.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/27/21 02:48 AM

Man I keep thinking about one every time I load and my hands are cramped up prepping cases
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/27/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
Man I keep thinking about one every time I load and my hands are cramped up prepping cases

Same

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/28/21 02:08 AM

Just finished up with 200 LC cases.What a hand saver a prep station is. Not on a stopwatch or anything but happened to look at the time when i finished the brass in front of me. A little under 2 hrs to size,trim,de-crimp,clean pocket,outside and inside chamfer and prime them all. I should've bought a station years ago specifically for 223 and 9mm
Posted By: johnmcgowan

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/28/21 03:10 AM

Just curious, but what are you needing to do to the 9mm, other than clean the primer pockets?

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/28/21 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by johnmcgowan
Just curious, but what are you needing to do to the 9mm, other than clean the primer pockets?

I've got a bit of 9mm that i separated years ago with crimped primers
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Case Prep Center - 01/29/21 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by furnfeather

Just finished up with 200 LC cases.What a hand saver a prep station is. Not on a stopwatch or anything but happened to look at the time when i finished the brass in front of me. A little under 2 hrs to size,trim,de-crimp,clean pocket,outside and inside chamfer and prime them all. I should've bought a station years ago specifically for 223 and 9mm

Nice yeah sometimes I wish I had never started loading 223 and 9mm but I'm also that ocd person who trimmes cases,chamfer debur,clean primer pockets and flash holes every load for all cases.
Sounds like I need a prep center.i loaded my son 70 rds of 06 for his m1 garand here recently and it took forever to get them prepped and loaded but damn they shot good.we had a ball
© 2024 ALDEER.COM