Aldeer.com

When it rains

Posted By: k bush

When it rains - 07/20/20 07:39 PM

it pours. Got up early to load some 300 BO ammo. Put brass in a pan and sprayed with Hornady One Shot lube. Shook pan and resprayed. Had one case drag a little but the next 2-3 were easy. Then bam! Stuck case. No big deal, it's happened before a number of years ago. Got my home made stuck case remover set out. Couldn't get decapping stem out so I proceeded to drill anyway. After drilling,the stem come out minus the decapping pin.

Procede with tapping the hole and the tap breaks. WTH ?

Walk away from the bench. Find a new die set and stuck case kit on Amazon and place the order.

I'll try to drill the tap with a cobalt bit and use an ez out on it.

Posted By: CKyleC

Re: When it rains - 07/20/20 07:45 PM

I know the feeling. Some days just aren't reloading days....that said....

Let that spray lube dry before sizing
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: When it rains - 07/20/20 11:13 PM

I've used the spray,prefer the roll pad just because I had to disassemble a !#@*!! Die and drill a ?+&$#@!!! 270 case and spillt my Blanket blank Powder...but I never cussed or swore to never do the stuck case again.

Re: When it rains - 07/21/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
I know the feeling. Some days just aren't reloading days....that said....

Let that spray lube dry before sizing

Yep, I had been using a paste type lube but decided to give the spray a shot. Learning curve...
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: When it rains - 07/21/20 02:45 PM

Cant say I have had one since I started using lanolin and alcohol.

Re: When it rains - 07/21/20 04:44 PM

Wonder how Fluid Film would work ? It's lanolin based
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: When it rains - 07/21/20 11:34 PM

Make your own. I don't have the ratios in front of me, but it's 90% or higher alcohol and lanolin. A google search will bring it up

Re: When it rains - 07/22/20 01:24 AM

Thanks
Posted By: collardncornbread

Re: When it rains - 07/30/20 03:04 AM

After several years of using resizing oils and sprays I tried the resizing wax . I haven't had any stuck cases and no shoulder dents since.
I bought it from Midway. I've been pleased and I haven't had to wash the cases for final cleanup. I just use a paper towel and wipe them off. A little goes a very long way.
I haven't had any misfires, which had been my first concern.
Posted By: collardncornbread

Re: When it rains - 07/30/20 03:06 AM

Also. I meant to add. I don't use a rolling pad. Just a little on my fingertips.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM