Aldeer.com

Dillon 550b Issue

Posted By: CKyleC

Dillon 550b Issue - 03/20/20 07:53 PM

Maybe someone here has had this same issue...

I had loaded about 400-500 9mm and all of a sudden the ram arm quit goign all the way forward to seat the primer.

I took the spring loaded primer holder off and brushed everywhere I could. If I just set it back down without tightening it down, the ram arm will move as it should. When I tighten it down, it won't go down low enough to pick up a new primer and the ram arm won't move all the way forward.
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Dillon 550b Issue - 03/20/20 09:21 PM

Sounds like you've a blockage somewhere. Did you remove shellplate and see if crud had gotten underneath?

Re: Dillon 550b Issue - 03/20/20 09:56 PM

The way it was acting, I thought blockage, too.

Apparently I wasn't able to push the primer holder down far enough when I was tightening the set screw. I was able to finally get an allen wrench to the set screw while pressing the shellplate all the way down, just like seating a primer. That did it. Last night I was trying to push it down with my fingers. That's the only thing different I did today. I have yet to figure out what caused it to mess up in the first place.

At this point I'm just glad I got it fixed. Reloading is keeping me sane right now
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Dillon 550b Issue - 03/20/20 10:46 PM

Good deal Kyle. Sane? Any of us sane? When mine did the same thing I had a 148 Hbwc .38 holding the plate up it would flex just enough to seat I stopped looked removed the ruined wadcutters and was good to go.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Dillon 550b Issue - 03/22/20 02:49 PM

I've had a similar issue as Kyle a time or 2. Canned air to blow spilled powder usually cleared the blockage. I did have to adjust the primer bar once and still don't understand why but it has worked great ever since.

Re: Dillon 550b Issue - 03/24/20 04:18 AM

Well, problem returned today.

It ended up being the plastic piece on the end of the primer tube. It broke.

I needed to do a full tear down and clean anyways
© 2024 ALDEER.COM