Aldeer.com

Cleaning Shell Casings

Posted By: BamaGrad85

Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 04:58 PM

Which one works best? Corn, walnut shells or is there another that's better?
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 06:03 PM

Wet tumbling with stainless steel pins is the best. Google it up. There's lots of videos.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Wet tumbling with stainless steel pins is the best. Google it up. There's lots of videos.

This. Add a squirt of Dawn and Lemishine in the water and your cases will be brilliant inside and out, including the primer pockets.
Posted By: hoggin

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 06:28 PM

I’ve never tried the stainless pins but I have always liked the results of walnut media with a little lemon juice added.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 06:37 PM

Pins are what I prefer.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/27/19 10:38 PM

It’s amazing how clean the brass gets inside and out with pins. Even the primer pockets.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/28/19 02:18 AM

I read an article about cleaning with the pins as y'all suggest but the author said the pins cleaned good but there an issue with nicks and neck damage.
That prompted me to call a buddy back in Bama about walnut or corn or even steel pins and he suggested I try rice. He said it was his current go to. He
said the rice absorbed the dust better than walnut or corn and was obviously cheaper. Has anyone tried rice before? If so, how well did it do?
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/28/19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by BamaGrad85
I read an article about cleaning with the pins as y'all suggest but the author said the pins cleaned good but there an issue with nicks and neck damage.
That prompted me to call a buddy back in Bama about walnut or corn or even steel pins and he suggested I try rice. He said it was his current go to. He
said the rice absorbed the dust better than walnut or corn and was obviously cheaper. Has anyone tried rice before? If so, how well did it do?

The author of that article is an idiot.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/28/19 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

^^^^ This
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Cleaning Shell Casings - 05/28/19 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Originally Posted by AU338MAG

^^^^ This

Fo sho

I love my Frankfort Arsenal wet tumbler with the pin media.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM