Aldeer.com

My first time

Posted By: Wiley Coyote

My first time - 05/05/19 12:24 AM

loading 300BLK. I bought a mini chop saw at Harbor Freight a while back specifically for this project. Then bought a jig made for it that holds the LC 5.56 brass so it can be cut close to length to make the 300BLK cases. Then I got Hornady 300BLK dies, Lee Factory Crimp die, a Sheridan slotted case gauge, a Little Crow Gunworks WFT and I'm sure a couple more necessities.

Today I cut 50 cases, ran them thru the forming die and loaded a few of them with Sierra Match King 175gr HPBT over 13 grains of Shooters World Blackout powder. I may try to shoot a few tomorrow to see what I've created.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BCLC

Re: My first time - 05/05/19 02:20 AM

That's awesome....they look great.
Posted By: blade

Re: My first time - 05/05/19 02:29 AM

Nice! I didn’t realize the blackout was that much shorter. Do you know what velocity you will get?

Re: My first time - 05/05/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by blade
Nice! I didn’t realize the blackout was that much shorter. Do you know what velocity you will get?

It's probably gonna be just a little faster than I want and go supersonic but I won't know till I set up the crony and shoot some. Can't get to it tomorrow so it'll be a couple of weeks.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: My first time - 05/05/19 05:12 PM

Looks good, be safe.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: My first time - 05/05/19 11:56 PM

Marlon I need to come up or you down one day and teach me that. I’ve got a bunch of LC cases just for that

Re: My first time - 05/06/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Haybale
Marlon I need to come up or you down one day and teach me that. I’ve got a bunch of LC cases just for that

I'd be glad to bring my little chop saw and show you what I have and how it's done. Do you have dies for 300?
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: My first time - 05/06/19 01:34 PM

Don't want to derail the thread, but have you shot any of the Shooters' World powder? I have been tempted to buy some and give it a run. Pretty good prices. I'm sure I can find something that likes it.

Re: My first time - 05/06/19 10:06 PM

Thsis is my first time loading any of the Shooter's World powder.
Posted By: Bait57

Re: My first time - 05/07/19 04:12 AM

I guess you could call me cheap but I don’t even use a chip saw. I use a Drexel and a jig I made that holds about 15 cases at one time.

Re: My first time - 05/07/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bait57
I guess you could call me cheap but I don’t even use a chip saw. I use a Drexel and a jig I made that holds about 15 cases at one time.

That little chop saw was just $30 so I couldn't pass it up. Apparently they've gone up $5 since I bought it......

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-mini-bench-top-cut-off-saw-62136.html
Posted By: Haybale

Re: My first time - 05/08/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

I'd be glad to bring my little chop saw and show you what I have and how it's done. Do you have dies for 300?

Not yet but I’m gonna order some. Gotta round up some more bullets first

Re: My first time - 05/08/19 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

Not yet but I’m gonna order some. Gotta round up some more bullets first

thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM