Aldeer.com

WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY.

Posted By: nitroexpress

WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 10:18 AM

I got tired of looking at all the cardboard boxes of shotgun wads so I got my tail up to Home Depot and got 7 clear sterlite 30 gallon tubs to reorganize them.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 02:49 PM

I looked at my bench and said " Damn I should really organize my stuff". Same as I did the previous 7 months.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 02:55 PM

Hunting season is over. Time to reorganize and get rid of stuff cluttering my bench.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 07:42 PM

I just put up my rifle loading stuff. Got out the TSS supplies for the wet weekend so I won't get bored
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 08:45 PM

I built a PVC canister for a HF rock tumbler. Got the kinks worked out and tumbled a load of junk brass I picked up. Some of it was nasty. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. SS pins, Dawn and Lemi-shine.
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/18 08:55 PM

Just ordered some 300blk equipment to add to the inventory to play around with in the upcoming months.Got everything orginized to load up some 77gr smk's over the weekend to try out to 800yards at a buddies place in the next few week's. Took a few range trips to dial in tge load but liking A2520 and 77's
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/10/18 10:37 AM

Sorting some brass and getting ready to start shooting some matches!
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/10/18 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
I looked at my bench and said " Damn I should really organize my stuff". Same as I did the previous 7 months.

Glad I'm not the only one!!
Posted By: treemydog

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/10/18 10:54 PM

I developed a ladder test for my 243. Gonna try and run some 80 Gr. Sierra blitzs for everything 500 yards and in, and save the more expensive 107 SMKs for the 600+. Hope to shoot them through the chrono at the range next weekend.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/11/18 05:45 AM

Well tonight I cleaned all my rifles I hunted with/shot this year. Made me realize I need a dedicated bench for cleaning guns. I cleaned 8 rifles and it was a pain in the ass without having a work area. Really wish I would have made my reloading bench to deeper dimensions. And also is it a subset of Murphy’s law that when you break down and buy a box of new brass, a friend just happens to give you a couple of boxes of once fired brass in that caliber? Got enough 280 now to last me the next 30 years.
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/11/18 08:15 PM

Murphy's law #777 Thou shalt have excess supply after buying enough.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/12/18 01:14 AM

Not near as much as I should have, really need to do a thorough cleaning
Posted By: slanddeerhunter

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/12/18 02:38 AM

set my little crow trimmer to trim some .223 and looked at my bench and said i need to organize this crap crazy

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/16/18 08:57 PM

Well decided to make up some high speed 16 ga 3/4 oz 7-1/2 extra hard shot loads from new bag of 100 delivered by fedex from ballistic products inc. PSI @ 10,100 and FPS of 1670 for a quick time to target shell.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/16/18 09:34 PM

Mounted a new scope on my 308 and swapped scopes between a couple other guns. If this rain would stop ill try to sight them in this weekend.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/17/18 12:00 AM

Went to range yesterday and tested some 124gr xtp's out and recorded data. Also zeroed the 270's new load. Cleaned and processed some 9mm,270win and 223 brass. Got all my 300blk gear in today and will be setting up dies tomorrow. Also scanned the reloading classifieds on ar15.com and came across a heck of a deal on brand new primed brass and snatched me up 1000.
Posted By: longshot

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/20/18 03:01 AM

I haven't even seen my bench or aNY of my junk since I moved out in Oct.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/09/18 03:04 PM

Well finally got in the 8mm brass. Now for some fire forming. Unique, cream of wheat and carpenter glue and I'll be ready to make some 8x58mmR Danish brass from this 8x56mmR Hungarian brass.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/16/18 11:05 PM

Damn that’s awesome nitro.

Well after 10 years the cheap 4’ shop light I have hanging over my bench bit the dust. I ended up buying the 4’ led retrofit kit from the electrical supply house here and got it installed in 2 minutes. Literally. The LED strips and ballast are all magnetic so they just pop in place. Just remove the bulbs and old ballast and sockets, and attach them. Two wires and you’re good to go. Wish I would have done it a long time ago. So much brighter and better quality light. No annoying hum either. I don’t have an electronic scale but I don’t think the LEDs affect them like the magnetic ballasts would.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/20/18 03:22 AM

I loaded and tested some 5.56 77gr hpbt. 23.5gr tac is decent. Ladder test time

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/25/18 12:25 AM

Well the new base for the material pot that I have on the Master Caster arrived and since there is no rain today I need to get the pot removed from the Master Caster and setup on the new stand so I can get those molds with handles going, and I just happened to have those two new Lee molds for the rolling block to get broken in so that will be my mission today. The results are:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These sure are some big fat boogers. .515 Dia. and 450 and 500 grain boolits.
Now all I have left to do is size, lube and stuff into the case. But that will be another day.:bigsmyl2:

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/25/18 09:08 PM

I put together some 5.56 77gr hpbt with TAC for my ladder test. Just got done tumbling some 7mmREMMAG and 300blk brass

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/27/18 11:05 PM

Tested/chrono'd some 62gr bthp's and 77 gr smk's for the 11.5" ar and shot for the 1st time the 300blk 10.5" build and 50 test loads of 147gr fmj's and 125gr smk's. Very impressed with accuracy(.690" group with 2moa red dot)and velocity(2084fps)from the BA 300blk barrel and 125gr smk so far. Have some 125 gr sst's and barnes black tips 110gr' on the agenda to load. Going to be a nice little 100 yrd hunting rig.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/29/18 02:38 AM

I tested 2 different 5.56 loads in 2 different guns.

Trimmed, primed, loaded and tested some 6.8 SPCII rounds

Spent 2 hrs after testing organizing stuff from the different small projects of this past week
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/29/18 09:21 PM

Nitro what you shooting them out of. 500 or 600?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/30/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 87dixieboy
Nitro what you shooting them out of. 500 or 600?

I'm shooting them out of two rollers. A Husqvarna, and a Remington. Both chambered for 12.7x44R. Over here we would call it 50-70 Government.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/30/18 09:17 PM

And then today arrived. More stuff to do. Time to take the cut down 50 Alaskan cases and fill them up with powder, cream of wheat and cap them with a wax topper before taking them out and fire forming them so I can see just how big the chamber is. So with on with the show.

The cut down. First a test case to see how accurate and troublesome this is going to be,

[Linked Image]

Worked so good I just kept chopping on all 20.

[Linked Image]

Then slug the barrels to be sure I don't need to size down the cast boolits. Just drive a 54 cal Remington Golden ball down the muzzle to see just what the real bore is.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now to get these cases loaded up for fire forming. Starting with getting the wax cap made. A sheet 1/8 inch thick should do just fine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://s19.postimg.org/544cxkww3/20180330_111526.jpg[/img]

[img]https://s19.postimg.org/kcuabcb4z/20180330_113030.jpg[/img]

Now all I have to do is go out and pop some caps and hope it does not rain.
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/07/18 02:33 AM

I resized 52 .223/556 brass until I broke my decapping pin and bend the expander decapping unit. Evidently, I didn't have the set nut tightened up and it worked loose. So then I loaded up the swager tool and ran through the 52, then capped them. I'll weigh powder and stuff them tomorrow.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/23/18 07:41 PM

Just got the new Plains mould from lyman to try a case fit for the new rolling blocks, will see how using a front stuffer bullet in a cartridge works.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/24/18 08:54 AM

They seem to load just fine.
Hope to get out and pop a few caps soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/26/18 01:32 AM

I bought a Giraud power trimmer with 2 extra heads and holders for .223, .308, .300blk, and .30-06.

I've never been so excited to trim brass

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/16/18 01:14 AM

Got some 44's and some 45's cast today, Will get them lubed and loaded over the next few days.

The 44's.
[Linked Image]

The 45's (45/70)
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/16/18 12:36 PM

My RCBS Chargemaster arrived on Thursday so I'm going to set it up and see how well it works and compare the charges with my balance beam I've been using for over 30 years.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/16/18 11:51 PM

Well after casting up a small pile yesterday in the kitchen I am going to load them up in some new brass thats been waiting to become cartridges. Did about half of them today and will finish up the other half tomorrow. No sense getting in a hurry to do it all in one day, it will be raining again all day tomorrow so I have saved some so I can mess around with it while it's raining. I wanted to load some of the new 44 cal that I cast up yesterday but found out that I was out of gas checks for that caliber, so will have to wait until the order from Midsouth arrives.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/20/18 01:57 AM

Just reloaded 10 rounds for my 308. Sierra 150 grain HPBT, IMR 4895 powder @ 43.0 grains. According to book that will produce 2600 fps. COL = 2.775

If time permits, reload 40 rounds for my Savage 300. I'm trying different bullets in 10 round increments to see what she likes to eat. Will post later what I find out.
Posted By: Squeezebox

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/20/18 09:19 PM

.30-30 AI brass has been in the tumbler all day, I'll probably load some tonight.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/26/18 11:27 PM

Got some time over the weekend to cast some more Lyman 44 caliber pointed bullets.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/30/18 01:55 AM

I have to admit those little pointy things DO look a little naked, so today I thought I would get them some new clothes to wear when they go out in public.

Today's activity in the reloading room.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tomorrow, more colors, and, more calibers.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/01/18 12:29 AM

I had so much fun powder coating yesterday I thought I would try my luck today and see if my results from yesterday were just beginners luck, plus I wanted to use another thermometer to see just what was going on with the new oven that did not want to go over 350 degrees.
Well used another thermometer but was giving same reading that the other new one was giving me yesterday. Guess I'm just going to have to get this PCing to work at the lower temp. Here was today's results until the rain came.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/01/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I had so much fun powder coating yesterday I thought I would try my luck today and see if my results from yesterday were just beginners luck, plus I wanted to use another thermometer to see just what was going on with the new oven that did not want to go over 350 degrees.
Well used another thermometer but was giving same reading that the other new one was giving me yesterday. Guess I'm just going to have to get this PCing to work at the lower temp. Here was today's results until the rain came.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would use a different color. Those 45-70's look like peckers. blush

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/07/18 02:37 AM

Deprimed and sorted 223 cases. Loaded up some finalized 300blk rounds consisting of 147gr fmj and 125 gr smk. Also loaded up some 125 sst to test next trip to the range. Hoping to be able to load up a couple hundred of my go to 77gr smk and 62gr hp recipe Sunday afternoon.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/16/18 12:21 AM

Finally got an order of 12 gauge pre-primed empty kraft paper shotshells shipped to me after being on back order since last December. This type of hull paper was new to me so I though I would load up a couple of boxes to see how they load. Came out pretty good, next will be to fire a few and see how they eject and if they are good for another reload and if so how many.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/19/18 02:00 AM

I took an old RCBS rusty powder drop apart and soaked it in Evaporust. It really cleaned up. Give the 650 a little PM. Feeling accomplished.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/23/18 12:43 PM

Finally worked up some test deer rounds with pills I've had since mid summer.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/27/18 11:32 PM

Well those all look like their ready to go. What powder and what grain weight bullet are you using in them treemydog?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/27/18 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave
I took an old RCBS rusty powder drop apart and soaked it in Evaporust. It really cleaned up. Give the 650 a little PM. Feeling accomplished.

trlrdrdave, always nice when the project works out like you want it to. Nice to have happy ending.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/28/18 05:15 PM

Well those all look like their ready to go. What powder and what grain weight bullet are you using in them treemydog?

Don't laugh... but that's a 222 Rem. with 60 gr. nosler partitions stuck in them. 23.5 gr of Varget, and I have 3 charges of Benchmark also ready to test with it. Benchmark and Varget got the 63 gr sierra SMP to stabilize last year and I took a nice doe with it. I'm hoping that the same powders prove effective pushing the partitions.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/28/18 07:50 PM

Loaded up some 300 Roy the other day.

[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/28/18 08:38 PM

I've been busy in the loading room today. Went to the range this morning to burn a little gun powder and here's a list of what I've done since:
[list]
1. Deprimed and cleaned 50-308, 20-7X57, 20-338-06AI, and 20-338 win mag cases
2. Loaded 50 308
3. Loaded 20 7mm RM
4. Loaded 20 7X57
5. Loaded 20 338 WM
6. Getting ready to load 100 300 RUM
Posted By: Jtb51b

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/28/18 09:18 PM

I did the first actual press work I have done since I moved today. Finally have the presses setup and back working, took most of the morning just to find where I had put a few critical items. All I did was decapped and washed 37 6.5 CM rounds for a guy at work, but it sure felt good to have the handle in my hand again! May go back down and FL size those and get them ready to load. Going to put some 129gr Hornady Interlocked SP in those cases for him to hunt with. Have not loaded for his rifle yet (Savage) but I have a good load for that bullet in my FIL's RPR, hopefully they will perform well in the Savage. I have a good bit of 223 that needs to be gone through soon, but I realized today I am all but out of 55gr pills, wouldnt have guessed 6000 of them would have went so fast-- under a year.

Jason

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/01/18 11:01 PM

Sweet looking Roy's there BOFF.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/01/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by treemydog

Don't laugh... but that's a 222 Rem. with 60 gr. nosler partitions stuck in them. 23.5 gr of Varget, and I have 3 charges of Benchmark also ready to test with it. Benchmark and Varget got the 63 gr sierra SMP to stabilize last year and I took a nice doe with it. I'm hoping that the same powders prove effective pushing the partitions.

You'll like the partitions. Are they flat base or boat tail? What is the twist rate on the barrel? And how long is the barrel?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/02/18 12:40 AM

You'll like the partitions. Are they flat base or boat tail? What is the twist rate on the barrel? And how long is the barrel?

No such thing as a partition boat tail.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/02/18 01:51 AM

Sweet looking Roy's there BOFF.

Thank you!

God Bless,
David B.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/03/18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

No such thing as a partition boat tail.

How right you are AU, all the partitions are flat base designed.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/04/18 02:25 AM

The 222 traditionally has a 1:14 twist, as my rifle does, and it has a 22" barrel. Most deuce gurus will tell you that a 55 grainer is about all she'll stabilize. I shoot the flat base sierra 63 gr. semipoints well in it, and those noslers are trying to behave, but I can tell she's struggling with it. You have to really send them hot to increase the RPMs to ensure they stabilize. I have yet to get anything but a round hole in the target at 100 yds, but the groups are 1.5 MOA (and will get the occasional 2" or 3" flyer), instead of 1/2 MOA groups the 55s and 50's typically produce.

I have been trying some sierra 55 gr. gamekings, which mushroom instead of fragment. I got some decent groups today, and I may just stick with them for green field hunting. They are used in 220 swift and 22-250 chamberings quite a bit, but also expand and mushroom within the 222 and 223's more modest velocity ranges. It's always fun to taylor a round to a gun... and it's even more fun to do it with an obscure cartridge.
Posted By: Vermicious Knid

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/05/18 04:42 PM

Sized, deprimed, head stamp sorted, and swaged about 3 gallons of 5.56 brass that I have collected from factory loads over the years. Now I just needs those 75gr Gold Dots to show up in the mail.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/08/18 03:32 AM

I put together 40 test rounds of 35 Rem.

220gr Speer Hot-Cor and Varget ranging from 34-37 grains

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/08/18 04:24 AM

I mounted a Rockchucker beside the Dillon. Got dies set up to load some 270 wsm. 145g eld-x. Going to do a ladder test asap.
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/09/18 02:35 PM

Got a case stuck in a RCBS resizing die. Had to drill it out and tap it. Then used a bolt to pull it out.
Posted By: Jtb51b

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/09/18 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BatesConst
Got a case stuck in a RCBS resizing die. Had to drill it out and tap it. Then used a bolt to pull it out.

I hate it when that happens!

Jason

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/16/18 05:43 PM

Treemydog, have you ever tried Barnes TSX or their TTSX in 50 or 55 grain. Being all copper you get a longer bullet with less weight than with a traditional lead core jacketed bullet. Higher sectional density numbers for improved penetration. And the TTSX's polymer tip helps with expansion at the outer yardage numbers.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/17/18 08:09 PM

Treemydog, have you ever tried Barnes TSX or their TTSX in 50 or 55 grain. Being all copper you get a longer bullet with less weight than with a traditional lead core jacketed bullet. Higher sectional density numbers for improved penetration. And the TTSX's polymer tip helps with expansion at the outer yardage numbers.

I have tried 50 gr barnes, and the rifle did not like it... I'm talking 4" groups at 100 is the best I could make it work. I've read on the 222 talk boards that most folks can't get the 50's and 55's barnes to shoot. Some will of course, but a lot of them won't. That slow twist likes short and stubby in the 50+ grain bullets, not long and slender. I've since locked into a good load with the 55 gr. sierra gamekings. When I get my deer, I'll post pics.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/18/18 05:34 AM

Removed primers, sized 80 cases for the 260

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/18/18 03:20 PM

I have tried 50 gr barnes, and the rifle did not like it... I'm talking 4" groups at 100 is the best I could make it work. I've read on the 222 talk boards that most folks can't get the 50's and 55's barnes to shoot. Some will of course, but a lot of them won't. That slow twist likes short and stubby in the 50+ grain bullets, not long and slender. I've since locked into a good load with the 55 gr. sierra gamekings. When I get my deer, I'll post pics.

Well that is a shame that a small twist kills that bullet. But, your still getting a good .157 SD out of the Game King and that is the same with Barnes all copper 55 gr TSX so as long as it doesn't break up on close shots and opens up on the far ones alls good that work in my book. I'd be curious what kind of twist was offered in a handi rifle in 222 if one was ever offered.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/21/18 02:41 AM

I started the day straightening up my work space. That turned in to tumbling a bunch of.40S&W, 5.56, 6.5CM, and .300blk.

Once the .300blk was cleaned I decided to size and prime them. That led to testing 4 loads in my 8.5" pistol. 180gr soft point over 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, and 11.2gr of H4198. All cycled the bolt but none locked it back on an empty mag.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/21/18 03:12 AM

I was going to tumble some .270 wsm brass. It was brand new but sized and lubed and trimmed. Put the dawn and lemishine in the tumbler. Forgot to put any water. put it on and went back to work. That made for some ugly brass. Started all over and it looks much better now. Most of it did any way. Letting it run another hour with just pins and clear water and a pinch of lemishine. Took some measurements to add some shelving above the bench. Sorted a bunch of new/old stock bullets that were given to me. Put a few things in my wish list to buy after the first. Loaded up a few more .270wsm and 146g eldx looking for a sweet spot the next dry day I can go shoot. Then had to go work a wreck. Guess I can separate brass and pins now.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/22/18 01:50 AM

Sized and deprimed some 5.56, loaded 500 9mm, and 25 subsonic.300blk . One of the subs is especially for a certain blowin' doe. wink

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/22/18 03:04 AM

Seating a few Dashers.

[Linked Image]

Waiting for these to get put on my auto trickler

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/24/18 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
Seating a few Dashers.

[Linked Image]

Waiting for these to get put on my auto trickler

[Linked Image]

Looking sweet 1bamashooter.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/24/18 11:10 PM

Cleaned 2k 9mm, loaded 500 9mm, loaded and tested 10 different 300 blk loads.

I spent all day reloading. Great day!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/27/18 10:58 PM

yesterday I tested 180gr prohunters and 180gr Hot-cor's in my 30-06

Today I loaded 1k 9mm. FYI, a .30cal can full of 9mm is a beautiful thing!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/31/18 10:37 PM

Loaded 700 5.56

24gr TAC under Hornady 55gr FMJ's
Posted By: Mww460

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/03/19 01:11 AM

Finally got my reloading bench setup since moving. Feels good to get back behind the press.

Loaded some 165gr accubonds for my 3006 7400.
Then did some 358 win 220gr speer hot cor for my ar10
Last loaded some 140gr accubonds for my 270 wsm.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/03/19 01:32 AM

Sorted some range pick-up brass

Tumbled 45lc, .270, .300blk, and 5.56

loaded a few more 5.56

Loaded 50 .300blk subs

Sized 75 pieces of .270
Posted By: pete53

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/09/19 10:55 PM

my reloading room is a mess and I should start clean`n it up again. probably start after the Bill Hick`s dealer show.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/24/19 04:06 AM

Loaded up some 7-08 for my son to finish out the season

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/25/19 03:17 AM

Sized 50pcs of .270

Swagged and primed 300pcs of 5.56

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/28/19 09:16 PM

Going to test some diffrent seating depths

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/28/19 11:37 PM

Good looking cartridges. Hope they find a good target.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/15/19 12:53 AM

Decided to make my own cast bullet lube.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/18/19 12:48 AM

Got my new on sale at academy store closing sale
Chargemaster lock an load set up
Got some cleaning up to do and get so e loading did
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/19/19 02:49 AM

I walked though my reloading room yesterday and wish I could load some 38s instead of going to work.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/23/19 12:53 AM

Did my post hunting season gun cleaning and neck sized 50 .308 cases.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/27/19 06:34 PM

Made more beeswax muffins.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/01/19 06:31 AM

Had a box of 110g Sierra HP. Loaded up 10 just to see if they would even work in my AR10. If I can get them to group half way decent I may try to eliminate a few 'yotes. What else am I going to do with a bullet that light!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/02/19 03:49 AM

Loaded up a 20 rounds of 300 Weatherby with 168 TTSX bullets, 12 rounds of different loads with a 210 partition to test in my 338-06 AI, and 20 test rounds with 140 and 150 partitions for my brother's 7X57.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/03/19 11:21 PM

Sized several different cases and put them in the tumbler to clean. 20-300 win mag, 60 7mm RM, 100.223 and 20 375 h&h magnum. Found out its probably best not to throw your 375 and 223 in the tumbler at the same time... slap
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/05/19 10:19 PM

Cleaned, sized, trimmed about 75-260 rem and a handful of 280 Ackley improved
Got them ready to load
Waiting on some 7mm-08 to get here for the same treatment

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/06/19 01:12 AM

Boy oh boy does that look familiar. Been there, done that too. lol. At least you can get them out, just think if they got stuck inside the shell, wow, now that would be a real PITA.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/09/19 03:28 AM

Prepped a 100 7mm-08 sized, cleaned and primed ready to work a load for the new barrel
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/09/19 11:04 PM

Loaded a some tsx 130gr for my 3006 . 56,57 58 gr imr 4064.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/15/19 02:19 AM

Had 33 .308 cases primed and ready. Had 36.168g Sierra HPBT International bullets. Was just going to load them up and got to looking for a powder. Hmm Accurate 2200 will work. Went to pour powder and looked again..I was about to load Accurate 2700. SMDH at least I caught it. Guess I need to do some more research. Tumbled 81 pieces of .270 WSM I have been saving. Where that 1 extra came from I have no clue. Granddaughter was in there watching me asking questions so I put her to work for a few minutes. She has asked me to take here fishing and now she wants to go shooting. She has never showed much interest till now. I guess that is what pawpaw is for! Chargmaster lite will be here Next week. I can't wait!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/16/19 04:34 AM

Resized and cleaned 120 cases of different calibers. Loaded up a dozen 7mm RM with the new Sierra 165 gr Gamechanger bullets over H1000 to see how they shoot. Gonna try to get in a little range time this weekend.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/16/19 11:17 PM

Getting ready to start fire forming some 9.3 x 74R brass into 3" brass 410 shells for a bolt action 410.
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/07/19 10:39 PM

Well I finally found a few spare hours to get these brass shotshells made for the 410.
The brass came already annealed at the neck area, but I would need to anneal it further down on the body so the fire forming would expand the base area of the case as well. The brass is thicker towards the rim and you only get one good first time shot at a good forming. Using a cordless drill with a 1/2" socket to hold the base of the brass while it is spun in front of the flame until the purples start to show on the brass then it's tip the drill an drop it into the cold water. The brass should be sufficienctly softened enough to take the fire forming first time around. Then a quick dry in the oven, load regular large rifle primers, 10.7 grains of Unique powder with a poly foam disc to separate it from the cream of wheat, capped off with a custom cut card using a sharpened case mouth of another brass casings and all packed snuggly with a Bic pen and sealed with sodium silicate (water glass). A overnight drying and they will be ready to shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/sxFdpt9H/20190407_122010.jpg[/img]
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/07/19 11:27 PM

I bought and setup a Harbor Freight 2" cutoff saw to cut 5.56 brass down for 300BLK. Next weekend I'll be running that brass thru new dies and load some 175gr projectiles.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/10/19 01:27 PM

I spent all day yesterday working on subsonic .300blk loads. Found an inexpensive one that works for my AR pistol

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/11/19 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
I spent all day yesterday working on subsonic .300blk loads. Found an inexpensive one that works for my AR pistol

Inquiring minds want to know! laugh

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/11/19 07:44 PM

Tell me more about the 410 nitro. TSS Turkey slayer?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/12/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

Inquiring minds want to know! laugh

180gr SP pulls from American Reloading($0.14/ea)
12.8gr Shooters World Blackout Powder
Wolf SR primer
COAL 2.100
8.5" PSA Stainless with a Suppressed Armament Systems Reaper

It's somewhere between 1-1.5moa. Plenty good enough for the amount of money they cost to put together

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/14/19 12:14 AM

Kyle, did you find that powder somewhere local or order it?
Posted By: TreeBender

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/14/19 01:29 PM

I walked in, looked around and said “dang, I don’t have a press... so I ordered one... here’s to hoping I don’t blow my rifle or face up

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/14/19 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by TreeBender
I walked in, looked around and said “dang, I don’t have a press... so I ordered one... here’s to hoping I don’t blow my rifle or face up

If you study and follow safe practices, that will never be a problem.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/14/19 08:27 PM

Mike's in Hartselle is where I got the powder. Pretty sure I've seen it in Shooters Warehouse also.

Shot this load again today just to verify results. It's GTG in my 8.5". Time to load up all the brass I have.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/14/19 09:43 PM

Mike's in Hartselle is where I got the powder. Pretty sure I've seen it in Shooters Warehouse also.

Shot this load again today just to verify results. It's GTG in my 8.5". Time to load up all the brass I have.

Good info. I'll make a trip to Shooters Warehouse

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/20/19 09:02 PM

[Linked Image]

A little trigger therapy yesterday. This was 130 Nosler BT out of my 270WSM. Actually had another shot in the same area before i reset the screen. Just made 5 up to see what they did and dang good for a first group.

[Linked Image]

This was 145 g Eldx i worked up and this was the best group.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/16/19 11:08 PM

Loaded up 100 380 acp's with some 90 gr. Speer Gold Dots. Seated them to .974 over 3.1 grains of BE. Pop'ed one in the mag and snapped the slide and chambered just fine. So I taper crimped them all and then decided I would load up the magazine and upon loading round #2 knew Houston had a problem. COAL was too long for the magazine. Didn't have a issue with one cause the nose isn't buried inside the mag housing, Ugly. So I ended up just having to nudge them down to a COAL of .965 and all is well. Let that be a lesson on auto loaders, make sure action will go to battery, but at the same time be sure the overall length will work inside the magazine. Sometimes it's easy to forget the simplest of things.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/17/19 11:21 AM

Loaded up 100 380 acp's with some 90 gr. Speer Gold Dots. Seated them to .974 over 3.1 grains of BE. Pop'ed one in the mag and snapped the slide and chambered just fine. So I taper crimped them all and then decided I would load up the magazine and upon loading round #2 knew Houston had a problem. COAL was too long for the magazine. Didn't have a issue with one cause the nose isn't buried inside the mag housing, Ugly. So I ended up just having to nudge them down to a COAL of .965 and all is well. Let that be a lesson on auto loaders, make sure action will go to battery, but at the same time be sure the overall length will work inside the magazine. Sometimes it's easy to forget the simplest of things.

Case gauges are your friend.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/17/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

Case gauges are your friend.

True, they are nice to have, but in this case they would not have made any difference I don't think. Speer's manual gave me a max oal of I think .984 and I had a minimum oal from Alliant of .970, which is where I seated them at initially to see if the slide would go to battery which it did. I really did not want to seat them much below the information provided by Alliant, and when I first found out that they were having a nose problem in the Browning model 10/71 I tried them in a Bersa 380 I have and no problem in that magazine at all. I guess the mag on the Browning is just a very tight fit.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/01/19 01:24 AM

Worked up some more 380 handloads. Got the new .354 sizer die for the lubersizer and resized the .356 cast round nose down to .354 and they chambered up perfectly. I then loaded up some of the new Inceptor 56 grain components that will move out at over 1200 fps just unheard of in a 380.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sulli

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/09/19 08:36 PM

Loaded up some 80 gr ttsx Barnes with Superformance for the gf’s .243 with a few different charges. Now to get time to go shoot it and see how the gun likes them.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/12/19 10:23 PM

Couldn’t sleep last night so I went to the bench prepped cases and loaded up some different charges and lengths to play with in the 6.5. Hoping I can go test them out this weekend

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/02/19 06:07 PM

Worked on some 223 and 243 ammo this weekend. End results are some tested eyeball busters from my varmint guns. The 223 are 53 gr Vmax with H322 going 3350 and the 6mms are my long range rounds, 107 gr SMKs with IMR7828 going 3000. Can't wait to get back to the range to try to improve my best group at 1250 with these babys!

The 53's are seated in Lapua brass
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The 107's are seated in Peterson SRP brass
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/03/19 09:32 PM

beers

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/03/19 11:06 PM

treemydog,
Those are very nice looking 243 rounds. What are you shooting them out of? And what are you using for optics?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/03/19 11:40 PM

Just got in a nice older Belgium double and I needed to go over it with a little solvent and then oil and grease it up so it's ready for the field. And a NEF handy rifle that I'm going to put a new barrel on and have it chambered for a 40-70 Sharps Straight, needed cleaning before sending the action off to the gunsmith, that puppy will not be back til Christmas most likely, but it will have a very different look when it comes back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/04/19 12:18 AM

Hope your wife don’t get home early.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/04/19 03:01 AM

treemydog,
Those are very nice looking 243 rounds. What are you shooting them out of? And what are you using for optics?

I running them through a factory rem 700, varmint sps, 26" bull barrel, with an upgraded stock. I have a vortex 4x16x44 hs on it. That recipe will cloverleaf at 100 yds, if I hold her steady, and is fairly accurate at 1000 and 1250. Those sizzling 107s make my 308 trajectory look like a mortar round at longer range. People scoff at a 243, but it's a heck of a long range round and I've stumbled onto a great combo with this particular rifle.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/05/19 02:24 AM

treemydog,

I running them through a factory rem 700, varmint sps, 26" bull barrel, with an upgraded stock. I have a vortex 4x16x44 hs on it. That recipe will cloverleaf at 100 yds, if I hold her steady, and is fairly accurate at 1000 and 1250. Those sizzling 107s make my 308 trajectory look like a mortar round at longer range. People scoff at a 243, but it's a heck of a long range round and I've stumbled onto a great combo with this particular rifle.

Sounds like a sweet setup that is working well for you. I have a 243 I picked up many years ago from a shop I was working at when I first started getting into the sporting goods industry. It is a good shooter and I've never had any issues with it, but I have not spent a lot of time working on loads other than to have two accurate loads for it, one for 85 grain, and another for 105. I just might have to find the time to spend more time seeing just what this little 6mm is capable of doing.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/05/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dixiepatriot
Hope your wife don’t get home early.

Lol, I'm one of the lucky hubbies. My wife lets me do my thing in the kitchen as long as I clean up my mess and do not leave it where she cannot get dinner ready or have the counters loaded up where she cannot make Heath bar cookies. And she can make the best cookies ever. When its just too hot outside to cast up some boolits I get out the casting pot with the water heater pan and get it set up on the stove and have at it. I'll never cast outside in the summer again. What a treat to do it inside with a/c.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/05/19 03:18 AM

I just might have to find the time to spend more time seeing just what this little 6mm is capable of doing.

This was my first group at 1250 with mine. Went 9 for 10 (have no idea where one shot went! LOL)... not bad for a little underpowered groundhog rifle....

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/14/19 09:01 AM

Started on getting the brass I'm using to form 40-70 Sharps Straight cartridges processed. I am using 30-40 Krag for the donor brass, I just got the dies in yesterday so time to anneal the necks and shoulders for fire forming so as to remove the bottleneck shoulder, and to resize the base down to the size of the sharps. I use a cordless drill and a socket to spin the case in front of a torch and then dump the case into a water bath. Then I dry them in the oven at 235 for one hour, I then lube and run them through the sizing die to get the base of the case sized to the dimensions of the Sharps case, then I'm forced to wait, which I hate. I will not be able to do the fire forming for the shoulder removal until I get the rifle back with the new chamber cut to the Sharps cartridge. Oh how I hate waiting for this type of work to be finished, I'm always so in a hurry to have these projects finished so I can go play with a new shooter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/14/19 03:37 PM

Good post. Do you not use Templaq?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/14/19 07:35 PM

trlrdrave, No, I've been doing this for quite a while, and when i started doing it there was not much out there like today to help you know kinda where you were temp wise. I'm not doing heavy annealing on these cases for this latest project, just enough so the chances of splitting the necks is reduced greatly. I rotate for about 6 seconds on the shoulder in this instance as opposed to the neck which is the usual reason and location of annealing. I'm moving both the neck and the shoulder so just a little softening in that area should produce the wanted results for the change in my fire forming. I'm sure one of these days I'll ruin some brass, you do anything long enough and the odds will no doubt catch up with you.
Here's some annealing to some 9.3 x 74R cases that I used to make my 3" 410 shotgun shells from. The two on the right are annealed by the factory, and look that way when you get them from Hornady. The two on the left are annealed by me in preparation for causing the back half, which is the thicker area, and the hardest area to fill out in fire forming for the 410 to fill out all the way.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/27/19 12:29 AM

Just got some HDS basic brass in that I've been looking for. Loaded them up with a Lyman 480 gr Postell.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: willdo22

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/31/19 01:47 AM

Dang son

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/24/19 09:02 AM

Just got the new resizing die in .501 so I can get the new cast boolits for the Swede rolling block loaded up with the new profile from MP molds I got a few weeks ago.
Had to trim some more 50 Alaskan down to 42mm and then load with about 4 grams of BP topped with a juice waxed carton wad and then topped with my olive oil and Crisco lube. Now their all ready to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/02/19 12:34 AM

Finally got around to loading some 40s. Gonna take these to the farm and make sure everything feeds like it’s supposed to.
165g Speers and 5g Bullseye.
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/12/19 11:44 AM

Finished loading up the 38's and now see how they fit in the speedloader blocks we had the shop turn out with the help of the CNC router,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/1Vmm8ZrV][Linked Image][/ur

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/17/19 02:50 PM

I sized and sorted 1,000+pcs of .300blk

I set up my 9yr old swaging 5.56. He did quite well. He swaged at least 800pcs. He's about to have a couple of chores in the loading room. My bulk brass prep days may be over

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/01/20 02:57 AM

I've been working on a good 300blk subsonic load that works in my AR pistol and bolt gun. Found one and loaded up 300rds.

Today I cleaned and sorted all of the smaller quantity brass I had laying around...

7mmRM
35Rem
308ME
7mm08
30-06
6.8SPCII

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/01/20 03:10 AM

I did a lot of sorting a rainy day couple weeks ago. In the tumbler an 40S&W fits perfectly inside a 44mag. Had to use the bullet puller to get a bunch of them out.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/01/20 12:45 PM

I did a lot of sorting a rainy day couple weeks ago. In the tumbler an 40S&W fits perfectly inside a 44mag. Had to use the bullet puller to get a bunch of them out.

A 223 Rem fits perfectly in the mouth of a 375 H & H magnum.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/01/20 08:40 PM

"Someone" once stuck a .32 acp case inside a .45 acp case. Had to take a hammer to separate them then lost that .45 case 2 range trips later. Rest in peace LC78.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/02/20 11:47 PM

I "thought" I was going to crank out a lot of 9mm today since it's been nothing but rain. Instead, I had to conduct a measuring and sorting experiment to get everything going. To make a long story short, not all 9mm cases will work with 147gr bullets. I finally started loading at about 2pm. I spent all morning and most of the afternoon measuring, pulling, and sorting.

Also, aguiila, cbc, and s&b headstamps are the ones that don't work with 147gr

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/04/20 11:30 AM

I "thought" I was going to crank out a lot of 9mm today since it's been nothing but rain. Instead, I had to conduct a measuring and sorting experiment to get everything going. To make a long story short, not all 9mm cases will work with 147gr bullets. I finally started loading at about 2pm. I spent all morning and most of the afternoon measuring, pulling, and sorting.

Also, aguiila, cbc, and s&b headstamps are the ones that don't work with 147gr

(Also, aguiila, cbc, and s&b headstamps are the ones that don't work with 147gr)

CKyleC, that's great info to have. Guess it's time to start some sorting of my 9mm's too.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/04/20 01:19 PM

Why won’t they work?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/04/20 11:27 PM

Why won’t they work?

9mm cases taper on the inside. 147's seat deeper than other bullets. Those cases apparently have sharper taper than other cases. Because of this taper those 3 cases have a ridge on the outside of the brass at the base of the bullet. The ridge is concentric and consistent.

The other cases also have the ridge, but it doesn't keep the cases from chambering.

The ridge on Aguila measures 0.391, CBC 0.390, and S&B 0.388. Some of the Aguila actually has what looks like a cannelure on the outside of the brass. I assume it's where it was crimped from the factory.

Win measures 0.386 and works. FC, PMC, Speer, Geco, R-P all work fine

I made 10 different measurements on 9 different headstamps, before and after sizing, seating, and crimping trying to figure out the issue.

I posted about this issue on 2 other forums and my results were consistent with other's experience. There's not a lot of documentation out there concerning this issue, but there is some.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/04/20 11:28 PM

Last night I sorted a 50cal can of 9mm brass.

Tday I loaded up 1k 9mm 147gr HST's

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/05/20 02:32 AM

Kyle!! Don't be telling people how much and easy ammo is to load! Why you'd think having lotsa ammo would make you a better shot or something. (Didn't do too much deprimed 20 cases weighed 18 bullets.)

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/05/20 04:23 AM

UPS brought me some 45 caliber 200g “2nds” bullets and every one of them weighs 220g. crazy
Posted By: 1955Retiree

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/12/20 02:12 AM

Loaded up a couple boxes of .243 Winchester with 100 grain Hornady Interlock. Used Hodgson v100 hybrid. I really love this powder for 243.
I shoot them out of a Remington 788 and I can easily shoot less than moa, sometimes almost thru the same hole. It is a real tack driver.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/05/20 10:25 PM

Getting some 6 Dasher loaded up to test a new bullet, first match of the year on the 15th!

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/06/20 03:49 AM

Part #2

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/07/20 12:54 AM

Cleaned and prepped 80 PC's 270 win and loaded my test strings to work up the load for it

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/03/20 03:03 AM

New brass to try in the Dasher
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/15/20 12:45 AM

Well it's time to get some casting alloy made up for this summer's shooting. Been saving and collecting since last fall.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/16/20 01:36 AM

Loaded 350 .300blk subs

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/19/20 12:19 AM

tumbled, decapped, sized 100 7mm-08

tumbled, decapped, sized 70 300WM

trimmed and swaged 750 5.56

cleaned 400 5.56

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/19/20 02:43 AM

Weather lately too nice to be in reloading room. More suited fo unloading.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/23/20 05:53 PM

Straightened up and cleaned off the kmc sharpener,knives,etc ofc the bench. Loaded up 50 mk262 mod 0 clones. Prepped 150 pieces of brass for the next loading session on the mk262's. Loaded up a batch of my 62gr hornady hp recipe for the spr as well
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/24/20 02:51 AM

Tumbled some 357 brass hope to finish em this week so I can start some 45acp and 223 soon , then I'll move on to trying the Sierra gamechangers and rl16 powder I bought to test in 260 Remington

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/25/20 03:04 AM

Loaded 400 .300blk subs

Loaded some 5.56 test loads with AR-Comp and 75gr hpbt's

Loaded some 7mmRM hunting loads to test

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/26/20 01:57 AM

Finally got the 40-60 Maynard cases ready to go. These are 30 Krag cases blown out to 40 caliber, what some refer to as the 40 Krag.
I'm taking a handi rifle and having it rechambered and re-bored to the Maynard cartridge. Nice to have a short fast swinging carbine length
long arm spitting out 400 grain pellets.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/28/20 01:15 AM

Sized 50 new .300WM brass.

Cleaned 2k .45acp

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/28/20 09:56 PM

Loaded 200 9mm.

Recently bought a Lee Classic Turret Press just for loading pistol and 5.56 type stuff. Love my Forster Coax for rifles but it would be a PITA to load high volume pistol. It's not a Dillon, but so far the Lee does pretty good and a lot less expensive.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/29/20 03:58 AM

Went downstairs and scratched my head deciding if I have enough rifle powder to last me the rest of my life and I figured I'll go buy some more,!lol I do think I have enough pistol powder though
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/02/20 12:21 AM

Went downstairs, looked at the Dillon RL-550B I inherited, scratched my head, closed door.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/02/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
Went downstairs, looked at the Dillon RL-550B I inherited, scratched my head, closed door.

Haha pretty good.lol

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/02/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman

Haha pretty good.lol

I watched a few videos on it, so I might try to crank out some rounds soon. We shall see.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/03/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman

Haha pretty good.lol

I watched a few videos on it, so I might try to crank out some rounds soon. We shall see.

Im still single stage press myself

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/06/20 12:27 PM

Went down and dickered around with the 550B, seems to be setup for .223 right now from what I can tell on the toolhead. Guess I need to go rummage through and find some H110 and other components. Seems fitting with what's going on.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/06/20 01:50 PM

Went down and dickered around with the 550B, seems to be setup for .223 right now from what I can tell on the toolhead. Guess I need to go rummage through and find some H110 and other components. Seems fitting with what's going on.

Have you loaded your own ammunition before? H110 is primarily a pistol and shotgun powder. It has some rifle applications but not in the 223/5.56 cartridge.

Try some Ramshot TAC, CFE223 OR H335.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/06/20 02:36 PM

Yes I have. Brain fart I guess. I'll have to look at his data books / reloading data books.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/06/20 03:19 PM

7x go slow your first 10-15 rounds full stroke down&up.
If a moran like me can work a Dillon anyone can.
Posted By: k bush

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/09/20 12:59 PM

Realized last night that my Lyman electronic scale/powder dispenser is dead. Haven't loaded any ammo in months so I have no idea when it crapped out. Guess I should have unplugged it but hated the long warm up period.
Posted By: k bush

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/09/20 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

Have you loaded your own ammunition before? H110 is primarily a pistol and shotgun powder. It has some rifle applications but not in the 223/5.56 cartridge.

Try some Ramshot TAC, CFE223 OR H335.

A lot of 300BO loads use H110/W296 or 2400.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/20/20 07:47 PM

Today I scored A BUNCH of Accubonds, Partitions, Interlocks, and Interbonds for .243, .270, 7mm, and .30cal for CHEAP! I'm pumped about being able to do load development without spending a fortune

Also,

Loaded some test loads...

5.56= 75gr hpbt with AR-Comp

7mmRM= 175gr Nosler Partition with H4831... This shows promise...

Trimmed and swagged 500pcs 5.56 brass

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/14/20 11:55 PM

Well I'm going to get the new work shop and reloading room done before snow flies. Never realized I had so much stuff until you box it up and move it. The new shop to be 16x40. So for now it's all stuffed into a 9x40 container....ugh...

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/20/21 12:36 PM

Just got in a Remington M1867 rolling block in 8x58RD. Will be sending it off to Reboring by JES to have it converted to 40-65 Winchester. Spent about 40 minutes cleaning it up. Didn't go crazy since it will be taken apart for the reboring and rechambering. I'll get into a more thorough cleaning when it comes back. I'll also be refinishing the woodwork with a hot tung oil finish. The cartridges are necked down 45-70 cases to 40 caliber. 400 grain cast lead in front of 63 grains of Black. A great hunting load.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/20/21 03:41 PM

Nitro - so JES will rebore RBs?!? HHHMMMM!!!!!!!!! I did NOT know that!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/21/21 03:14 PM

2000 bayou coated lead bullets came in, 230gr 45acp. Loaded up a few test loads with 700x.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/06/21 07:25 PM

200 pieces of 1x fired brass tumbled,sized,the works and separated by headstamp.100 pieces of LC brass processed,weighed,etc and loaded with my mk262 mod1 clone recipe. 100 more pieces ready to be filled with my mod0 recipe. Looking forward to the day i can get my hands on some TMK projectiles to play around with to add the the logbook.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/06/21 10:13 PM

Loaded up some 130 grain speer hot-cor to try in my 7mm-08 to see how it does after the season is over.
Posted By: Hangfire

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/07/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by furnfeather
200 pieces of 1x fired brass tumbled,sized,the works and separated by headstamp.100 pieces of LC brass processed,weighed,etc and loaded with my mk262 mod1 clone recipe. 100 more pieces ready to be filled with my mod0 recipe. Looking forward to the day i can get my hands on some TMK projectiles to play around with to add the the logbook.

Curious what your mk262 clone recipes are?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/08/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire

18" 416r stainless 1-7 wylde barrel rifle length gas(port opened up to .105)
Please use caution and work up your on load for safety reasons
Mod0
1.LC,PMC or Wolf gold brass
2.CCI 450
3.COAL 2.258"
4.Accurate 2520
(24gr gets me 2597fps and .490" groups)
(* above max charge in some manuals.no pressure signs in 18" rifle and 24.5gr gets me 2680fps and .468" at 100)
(*ejector swipes started showing on 16" so i stopped here as it shoots good in all my ar platforms. from short to long and I'm confident to ring steel or vermin at 600 and would try at longer yardage with more practice.

Mod1
1.LC,PMC pr Wolf gold brass
2.CCI 450
3.COAL 2.252"
4.Accurate 2520
(24gr gets me 2618fps and groups of .530")
(24.5 gets me 2707fps and groups of .549")
I set the bullet deeper as the groups were larger if set at the mod0 length.
Never went back to check on any different charges to see if groups would tighten up with a lower charge on the smk with cannelure. With all that said once i get some tmk's I'll dabble a little more in the 77grainers. And just maybe prices will come down to.
Posted By: Hangfire

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/08/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire

18" 416r stainless 1-7 wylde barrel rifle length gas(port opened up to .105)
Please use caution and work up your on load for safety reasons
Mod0
1.LC,PMC or Wolf gold brass
2.CCI 450
3.COAL 2.258"
4.Accurate 2520
(24gr gets me 2597fps and .490" groups)
(* above max charge in some manuals.no pressure signs in 18" rifle and 24.5gr gets me 2680fps and .468" at 100)
(*ejector swipes started showing on 16" so i stopped here as it shoots good in all my ar platforms. from short to long and I'm confident to ring steel or vermin at 600 and would try at longer yardage with more practice.

Mod1
1.LC,PMC pr Wolf gold brass
2.CCI 450
3.COAL 2.252"
4.Accurate 2520
(24gr gets me 2618fps and groups of .530")
(24.5 gets me 2707fps and groups of .549")
I set the bullet deeper as the groups were larger if set at the mod0 length.
Never went back to check on any different charges to see if groups would tighten up with a lower charge on the smk with cannelure. With all that said once i get some tmk's I'll dabble a little more in the 77grainers. And just maybe prices will come down to.

I thought that might have 2520 in the load. I’ve heard of guys getting around the 2750fps as the load in the 18” barrel with 77 smk. That’s really pushing things though. I watched some of JRB do his mk262 clone trials. If this powder situation ever improves, I’m gonna grab some 2520. Did the other brass hold up as well as the LC brass? Either way .549” @2707 is one hell of a load.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/21 01:30 AM

Loaded some 45acp fmj rn with 700x, loaded some 30-06 with barnes ttsx and superformance powder, loaded some 7mmRM with 165 gr gamechangers and 175gr Nosler partitions.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/21 01:59 AM

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/09/21 02:14 PM

Hangfire, all brass held up and looked the same as the LC brass. If i didn't have the LC as first choice I'd use the Wolf gold 2nd then the PMC brass(bronze). I actually found the Wolf gold to hold primer pocket tightness in multiple firings more than the PMC not with just this load. I could push it more just to see what's left and would it get any better but with it showing the slight swipes with that one rifle i stopped. I like knowing i can take the same load and get moa or less out of anything from 11.5" to 18". Out of 2 16" carbines it only showed the swipes from one(and both have a fn chf 16" 5.56 1-7 barrel)

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/14/21 02:59 AM

Found a set of 300 Savage dies for 25 bucks that only needed some cleaning along with some 300 Savage brass. As usual the pin tumbler did it's work perfectly. Now to see how the Remington 81 likes them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/09/21 10:44 PM

Found another great deal. 25 bucks for a lightly used set of dies in 250 Savage. Just a little scrubbing to get the old lube and dried grease and a light coat of oil and their ready for another 30 years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/09/21 08:41 PM

Rolled 100 steel ringers for my 223 bolt gun. Haven't been to the range in a year. It's time to burn a little powder.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BentBarrel

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/10/21 02:15 PM

Decapped and then wet tumbled roughly 1000 pieces of 9mm range brass.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/12/21 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BentBarrel

Gosh BB. How long did it take to decap that many pieces of brass?? Yikes.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/12/21 12:30 AM

Rolled 100 steel ringers for my 223 bolt gun. Haven't been to the range in a year. It's time to burn a little powder.
[Linked Image]

I've only just got out too. Over a year. Shooting here at 800 yard buffalo.

[Linked Image]7
Posted By: BentBarrel

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/13/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by BentBarrel

Gosh BB. How long did it take to decap that many pieces of brass?? Yikes.

Not that long, less than an hour. You can easily average 20 cases a minute. I use a Lee universal decapping die. I like to use the Lee since it won't break a decapping pin if you run across a berdan primed case, which is a possibility with range brass.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/18/21 12:18 PM

finally got my hornady .308 dies from midsouth. i've got bullets and powder. now then, large rifle primers ... hmmmm ...

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/24/21 08:17 PM

Added 500 more lead.452 bullets to my bench yesterday
Sure wish I had time to load the 3 batches of brass I got prepped a few months ago but I finally got smart and starting labeling everything so I know what my intentions where when I left off last

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/01/21 12:30 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did a little cleaning and organizing of my powders, then loaded up some .308 150 gr Hornady interlocks. The high left shot was a 180 gr gmx. This was from a new Franchi Momentum.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/02/21 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sulli

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did a little cleaning and organizing of my powders, then loaded up some .308 150 gr Hornady interlocks. The high left shot was a 180 gr gmx. This was from a new Franchi Momentum.

Nice shooting Sulli. Darn close to one hole shooting. Did you rack up your powders by number or by burn rate or just by brand???

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/03/21 01:26 AM

Nah, I just placed them on the shelf clearing space off my bench. I did t realize I had so much 4831 & 4831sc.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/03/21 03:23 AM

Figured out EXACTLY what my Cimarron 1894 clone in 38-55 would cycle and chamber (using dummy rounds)! Brand new and TIGHT! It will cycle the Starline long brass as long as the COAL is <= 2.450"! Can't baby the lever cycle. Using a 265 grn RNFP cast lead bullet.

NOW to get some rounds LOADED!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/04/21 05:40 AM

Loaded up some .308win with IMR 4064 and150 grain Hornady interlock btsp tonight. I have a pig that keeps tearing up feeders and I hope to give him a dose this weekend.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/17/21 01:04 AM

Bought three used black powder cartridge dies last week that had been packed away in a box in a garage for a few years so a cleaning session was in order. 3 hours and a little 400 & 800 grit cleaned everything up great.

Before.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DoubleShoalsJR

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/18/21 12:44 AM

Finally got some plinking rounds loaded for my 44 this morning. It’s been a pain to find all of the components lately. First time reloading my own, so I’m excited to test them out.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/02/21 01:18 AM

I've been using a turkey fryer and a cast iron pot for about 6 or 7 years. I needed a larger pot that held more so smelting and mixing alloys could be done more efficiently and faster. This is what I've been using.

[Linked Image]

This was a 20 pound tank with an put of compliance valve that someone left at the rubbish transfer site that cost me nothing. The propane business was nice enough to remove the valve for no charge. He suggested when I told him I was going to cut the tank to melt lead he suggested I fill the tank with water and Dawn dish detergent an let it set for a couple of days and then rinse it out two or three times before cutting an fill it with water when I start the cutting. I cut mine a little higher than some but I wanted as much capacity as I could get out of it. I've planned a trapizoid shape stand that the pot will rest in an it will be tall enough that my current fryer stand will fit underneath the pot in the new taller stand. I've still got to weld the four angle iron tabs on the sides of the tank but this project has been on the back burner since last year so I'll keep any future updates posted right here as the project goes forward.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/08/21 10:18 AM

The completion of my new smelter project.

I've been wanting to get this project done since the fall of last year when I came across an empty propane tank still with the old valve being thrown out by someone at the dump. I started with 20 feet of 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" angle iron. Cutting, wielding, took about 6 hours.cutting the tank about 10 minutes after filling it with water an dish soap and flushing it two or three times over the course of 2 to 3 days. Should hold well over 100 pounds. I'm looking forward to getting many 10 pound bricks out of this setup quickly and not having to be bent over either. Legs are 32 inches in height. Hope this project will be inspiring to many.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/09/21 07:45 PM

[Linked Image] Fixing to load some 45/70

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by birdcarver

Interesting load. What are you shooting those out of?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 02:36 AM

Just finished up my session of smelting the last of my lead roofing boots with the newly fabricated smelter from an old 20# propane tank. Got 230 pounds done yesterday and another 240 pounds today. Ingots average 10 to 13 pounds each. 470+ pounds for two afternoons. Never could have done it with my smaller pot setup I've been using for a few years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tpageal

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 03:01 AM

That’s freaking awesome. I think you’re ready

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 11:51 AM

Wow

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 12:32 PM

That's a LOT of lead. 👍

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/12/21 10:13 PM

Wish I had that much lead in my pencil

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 12:06 AM

Dang that's cool nitro!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 04:14 PM

Just a bit of trivia..... One large ingot is approximately 84,000 grains. One 12 pound ingot will make over 500 38/357 bullets. So I guess the 47 ingots would give me about 25,000 cast bullets. Should last me a while at the range. 😆

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 05:12 PM

Here's some images from the smelter build. I chopped a 20# used propane tank in half. And used a turkey fryer burner for the heat source. I chopped the burner unit away from the initial configuration so I could fit it closer to the tank bottom.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by birdcarver

Interesting load. What are you shooting those out of? Henry

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 10:36 PM

Well that certainly make sense with a tubular magazine. Are you having to shorten your cases?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/14/21 10:52 PM

I loaded GOV brass and trimed to 2.095 and loaded 492 gr, 250 gr, and 300 gr, Was planning on shooting these tues or wed through a graph and go from there , called henry and they said gun would shoot anything a Marlin 1894 45/70 would, so I loaded all on low side of velocity.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/15/21 08:59 AM

What's the Henry weight out at? Curious which shoots most accurate.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/15/21 09:33 PM

Went to my range today shot the henry 45/70 with loads I poured up and coated, this a brand new Henry never fired , fired 2 factory rds first 325 gr fts 1851 and1862 fps, next was 400 gr one rd 1363 fps , next was 490 gr 1158, 1162 fps, next was some 250 gr speer friend gave me 1607 1568 all this through new chronograph as far as accurate did not have table so barley hit target going to make me a table, You ask about gun wt it weighs 6.0 # Did not shoot the 300 gr today.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/16/21 07:44 PM

[Linked Image][Linked Image] Poured 170 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor only 22 bad rounds in the lot, then I powder coated using a new method and new powder

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/16/21 07:59 PM

So why are you guys coating the bullets?
Posted By: tpageal

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/16/21 08:28 PM

Reduces smoke from lead bullets when fired

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/16/21 08:34 PM

If done correctly, and velocity is not pushed beyond reasonable levels you avoid leading.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/16/21 10:31 PM

Cool

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/21/21 06:57 PM

Prepped 100 280 Ackley improved cases got the ready for a dose of h4831sc and loaded some 150 and 165 40-06 with some Hornady interlocks

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/26/21 09:04 PM

I spent the past 2 days sorting and cleaning brass, mostly .308.

I also put together some .270 loads to test in the Ruger #1 and Savage Axis....130gr partitions and H4831

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/26/21 11:30 PM

thumbup
Posted By: BobK

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/27/21 02:36 PM

thumbup

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/28/21 01:58 AM

Tested the loads I put together yesterday.....Ruger #1 in 270 LOVES 60gr H4831 under a 130gr Partition, Savage axis likes it, also. the 2 6.5cm Savage axis rifles I worked with today both liked 40.5 grains of H4350 under a 143gr ELD-X.

Gonna get a good supply of both loaded up tomorrow.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/28/21 02:48 AM

Finally got my 06 to like some 165 gr interlocks
Gone play with my 7-30 waters tomm and do a loading I think

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 11/28/21 06:52 PM

Loaded up 90 of the .270's so far. Taking a lunch break and then gonna load up 100 of the 6.5 cm
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/02/21 07:58 PM

Finally found a load for this predator. My first load ever. Took 36 shots to get a group I liked. Sat down and loaded a box after that.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/04/21 02:27 PM

Got a set of used 30-40 krag dies. A clean up is always the first step before using.
Into the sink with hot soapy water and a degreaser. Dried in the oven an recoiled an now ready to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: roadkill

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/07/21 02:16 AM

I reload something every day. Yesterday was 40 rounds of 30-06 for my Garands, today prepped and primed 100 cases of 30 carbine. Its relaxing.
Posted By: Pillpeddler

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/07/21 05:43 AM

Loaded up some 338-06 test loads

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/11/21 04:47 AM

Worked up about 200 pieces of 30-06 ready for the wet tumbler when USPS gets it here

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/13/21 03:10 PM

Getting ready to clean up two sets of dies when they arrive. Another good deal on a set of Hornady-Pacific in 7mm magnum and 7.62x54R.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/16/21 02:26 AM

Started loading for my .308

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/16/21 10:19 AM

Working through the 40 rounds of 7.5 Swiss and 90 rounds of 5.56 I fired on Tuesday.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/18/21 11:49 PM

Wet tumbled bout 300 30-06, 75 7 mm rem mag and loaded them with a couple pet loads gone load a box of 30-06 with 165 gr interlocks over a dose of imr 4350 here shortly

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/25/21 01:05 PM

My new-used dies arrived. I was able to add an additional die to the group. So the 7.62 Russian, 7mm magnum, and the additional 8x57 Mauser all went into hot soapy water and got a good scrubbing inside an out. Then dried in the oven and lightly oiled ready for their next performance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/25/21 08:44 PM

Had a little time yesterday evening and loaded up some 130gr Barnes ttsx in.308 with H335 for my Franchi momentum.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/25/21 10:31 PM

Had some bullets that were spray molyed and I unmolyed them today it sucked won't do that again

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/29/21 04:12 PM

Just bought some once fired brass from US Reloading. Most of the 223/5.56 was crimped primers. Off to sportsman's warehouse to pick up a primer pocket swager from RCBS. Did a great job right out of the box. Made short work of 200 .223/5.56 & 100 7.62x39. Deprimed an in the S/S tumbler now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 01/18/22 03:24 AM

Loaded up 200 6.8SPC II. 110gr prohunters and h335

Tested the load with 2 different suppressors

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/08/22 04:11 AM

Pulled out some 520 grain boolits my neighbor gave me for my 45-70. Wasn't sure they would chamber due to the .460 diameter, and there to go into a 1885 Browning which are notorious for having a tight chamber. I lucked out. Seated them at 2.655 and they fit. Not a plunk, but no real resistance when closing the breach either. Should be a fun load I hope. Not fast, only a bit over 1K fps, but with the weight I think it will be good for elk.
If I like them and their accurate with some work I can pick up the pace on velocity if needed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/SnNy523s][Linked Image][/url

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/08/22 11:41 PM

Worked on some test loads for my upcoming 280 ai project
Loaded up 7mm-08 to test out when I get done redoing my wife's rifle
Sized up some 7mm-08 and got them in the tumbler

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/13/22 12:59 PM

Just got another 400 cases of range brass in 45 acp. Will get them decapped, sized and pin tumbled. I'll have to get the casting equipment set up soon if I want to fill them. I just used up the last of my cast 225 grain RN I cast last year in the last 200 cases I processed last week. As soon as our weather starts to warm up a bit I think it'll be time to try my new casting project. I'm taking a full sheet of plywood with a 2x8 across the end sticking out the back of the tailgate and attach my Master Caster to it. I can start casting with it backed in the car port out of the wind. Tailgate height is perfect for many chores.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This particular mold drops a great boolit. It's sad that today's production moulds from Lyman don't seem to be as good as the product line from the early 2000's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/18/22 01:32 PM

Been looking for my 9mm sizing dies for a couple weeks since I got in 200 range pickups. Finally opened the right box from the move of 18 months ago. So these all got the primers punched and then pin tumbled and inspected before yesterday's resizing. Dug out the Styrofoam holders and you-fold-em boxes and packed them away until I can get more 9mm cast up and powder coated to stuff in them, but there ready to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/18/22 10:21 PM

I installed LED lights over my reloading bench.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/20/22 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Snuffy

Hey Snuffy, how are the Let's on reducing shadows? Lighting is so often not thought about.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/20/22 07:47 AM

Finally finished boxing up all the prepped brass. There all ready for loading and range day. 38/357, 9mm, 223, 45 acp, and 7.62x39. Guess I'm going to have a weekend to get casting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/20/22 12:43 PM

Hey Snuffy, how are the Let's on reducing shadows? Lighting is so often not thought about.

I used an LED track light system in my last house. You can adjust the spacing and angle of the lights to reduce the shadows and it really helps. You can also easily add more lights if needed.

I just moved into a new house and starting to plan my new room. This room us about half the size of my last room so I'm having to gut creative with my storage.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/20/22 02:13 PM

It makes all the difference in the world. 20 bucks at Wal Mart.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/25/22 11:36 AM

Put together 100 cartridges of 41 magnum for a friend who hunts almost exclusively with handgun.
Hornady 210 grain XTP with 18 grains of Alliant 2400.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/25/22 11:47 AM

It makes all the difference in the world. 20 bucks at Wal Mart.

I will check them out. I hate having shadows.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/27/22 12:14 PM

Since I just started loading 38 special and 357 magnum I decided I needed to get a cast boolit mold for my Magma master caster machine. I was able to have Magma send a blank double cavity block to NOE moulds for cutting one of their designs. Well it arrived within a week of the order. Just an example of the great customer service one gets from Al Nelson at NOE. Time to get it cleaned up an ready to go. I'm planning to run thousands of cast to feed the 38 special and the 357 magnum. I'll powder coat them and run them at 80 % of jacketed velocities to begin testing at.

[url=https://postimg.cc/Y4v8F4pd][Linked Image][/url

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/03/22 01:09 AM

Finally found the box with my master caster in it. When I packed it up for the move it was in two pieces. And since it was a warm day, so time to assemble it and get ready to try out my new mold.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/18/22 07:24 PM

[Linked Image] Poured 44 mag and coated

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/31/22 12:42 AM

Finished loading some 41 magnum cartridges for a buddy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/31/22 02:16 PM

Picked up a hard to find set of rcbs 25-35 Winchester dies made back in 1977 for $30 bucks. They were in great shape with appearing to not have been used very much, but went through my process of cleanup anyways. Now I've got a lightweight 25 caliber shooter that's also easy to make brass for from 30-30 if I need to.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/07/22 01:34 AM

Sized up 60 pieces of 223 and made 7mm tcu out of it.. only split 4 cases. Made a good rainy day project

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/10/22 03:42 PM

AR, did you anneal the cases before opening up the mouths.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/11/22 02:10 PM

Did some readjusting on my Magma Caster and tried out a new mold I got a while back from a member and I'll get them lubed up today for loading and replenish my 9mm inventory.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/11/22 05:13 PM

AR, did you anneal the cases before opening up the mouths.

No I just lubed the crap out of them. I have done any annealing so I'm kinda scared if it. And to be honest if they don't split when you size them they will hold together. So if the gone split I had rather them split when I'm sizing them

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/15/22 01:21 AM

Finished some 38 specials with a new mold. Range time is next on the list.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/15/22 05:21 PM

I love those wide flat nose bullets! I wish you could find them to buy as easily as the standard SWC designs.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/16/22 01:39 AM

Loaded and tested some 35Rem with IMR4895 and Speer 220gr HotCor's

Loaded and tested some 7mm-08 with H4350 and 140gr Partitions

Loaded and tested some cheap AR10 loads....WC846 with pulled 180gr SP's....got 3 shots to go 1,1". I'm happy with that considering the components

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/16/22 02:44 AM

Shot my 350 legend with factory and found one it liked
Shot some 7mm tcu I loaded and found a decent combo

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/16/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by trailertrash
I love those wide flat nose bullets! I wish you could find them to buy as easily as the standard SWC designs.

Boy oh boy. That's just why I ordered this mold from NOE moulds out of Provo Utah. They have this mold in a gas check profile too.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 04/19/22 11:07 AM

Got my casting machine work station setup today with the help of a short piece of 2x6 a 28x49 inch pallet and a sheet of 24x36 galvinized metal along with some 1x3's for legs. Turned out 360 9mm and 500 38/357

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/08/22 07:59 AM

Finished casting the 38/357, 9mm, & the 45acp. Just under 7k. Average 2500 of each.154 pounds of alloy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: M48scout

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/08/22 01:31 PM

You the man nitro. Those look great
Posted By: JRF

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/08/22 06:35 PM

This may be a crazy question.
But what is the purpose of powder coating is it the identify different loads.
And with a twist of a barrel will it not take it off?
Just curious.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/08/22 07:22 PM

I coat to prevent lead coating in my rifles. Those are awesome Mr Nitroexpress
Posted By: JRF

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/08/22 08:31 PM

Ok. Makes since .

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/10/22 10:44 PM

Nitro, do you sell bullets? You should think about it if not. A little side business....

only three culls - 05/15/22 08:56 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DdbCoIr.jpg?1[/img] out of 405 rounds 30/30 / 6.5 creedmoor, / 9mm

only three culls - 05/15/22 09:04 PM

[Linked Image] Poured 405 rounds of 9mm, 6.5 creed, 30/30

Re: only three culls - 05/17/22 01:56 AM

Hi trailer. No, no sales for me. I did the retail sporting goods business for 40 years. Mostly jacketed from the usual suspects, Speer, Hornady, PPU, an so forth. These will be part of my barter stash. Never know when money becomes good only for that toilet paper that can't be found in the stores any more. It will be amazing how fast a supply of lead can be used up. About time to order some super hard alloy from Roto Metals to alloy up my next 500 pounds of lead bricks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: only three culls - 05/18/22 02:28 AM

Nitro : do you know of a source/method cheaper than ordering from rotometal for obtaining elemental tin? I think I can handle the bulk of things through wheel weights and pure lead from recycling places. But I’d like to source tin for cheaper than freaking $33/lb. I want to hit 20:1 or similar

Re: only three culls - 05/21/22 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by M48scout
Nitro : do you know of a source/method cheaper than ordering from rotometal for obtaining elemental tin? I think I can handle the bulk of things through wheel weights and pure lead from recycling places. But I’d like to source tin for cheaper than freaking $33/lb. I want to hit 20:1 or similar

I'll tell ya scout, I know how hard it is to find. I've only found two places to get tin that I can trust to be tin. First is Roto. It's high but I've not found another source that's commercial and a business that's got it in stock when you need it. The other place I've gotten tin, and for a lower price is on the website castboolits.com, they have a sub forum called selling /swapping , many members sell pewter and some sell tin. I picked up 5 one ounce bars of 99.5 pure tin for half of what Roto costs. And, if your a caster, it's a casting forum you should join. It's an amazing site for casters.

[Linked Image]

Here's the five bars plus one ounce of tin wire clipping from Roto.

This might help you. A 20 to1 is going to give you a BHN hardness of 10. You can get the same 10 BHN if you mix equal parts of pure lead and wheel weights. Here's a alloy calculator I use when mixing alloy for different hardness requirements.

[Linked Image]

Here's the website for the calculator.

http://www.weatherby.dk/bhn.htm

Posted By: Big Bore

Re: only three culls - 05/21/22 04:16 PM

I got the Chinese virus. So am about to load 500 rounds of 357 and 300 rounds 44 mag. Might do about 40 of 300wsm. At least until my fever makes me pass out at the loader.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: only three culls - 05/21/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bore
I got the Chinese virus. So am about to load 500 rounds of 357 and 300 rounds 44 mag. Might do about 40 of 300wsm. At least until my fever makes me pass out at the loader.

Hope you get to feeling better soon

Re: only three culls - 05/21/22 05:50 PM

Thanks Brother! Hasn’t been too bad this time. Good reason to clean weapons and load ammo! Never seems to be enough hours in the day to do what I love to do.

Re: only three culls - 05/21/22 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by M48scout

I'll tell ya scout, I know how hard it is to find. I've only found two places to get tin that I can trust to be tin. First is Roto. It's high but I've not found another source that's commercial and a business that's got it in stock when you need it. The other place I've gotten tin, and for a lower price is on the website castboolits.com, they have a sub forum called selling /swapping , many members sell pewter and some sell tin. I picked up 5 one ounce bars of 99.5 pure tin for half of what Roto costs. And, if your a caster, it's a casting forum you should join. It's an amazing site for casters.

[Linked Image]

Here's the five bars plus one ounce of tin wire clipping from Roto.

This might help you. A 20 to1 is going to give you a BHN hardness of 10. You can get the same 10 BHN if you mix equal parts of pure lead and wheel weights. Here's a alloy calculator I use when mixing alloy for different hardness requirements.

[Linked Image]

Here's the website for the calculator.

http://www.weatherby.dk/bhn.htm

Thank you sir for the info. I joined a little while back under the same user name. Go look at at post I made over there for a recent rifle I purchased. Tons and tons of info. I am currently trying to source clip on wheel weights but the shops I’ve called aren’t interested in playing ball. I’ll keep trying. Thanks for the lead on the swapping forum

Re: only three culls - 05/22/22 03:48 AM

Just finished my day at the bench. Dirty hands and a floor covered in spent primers and powder flakes. Back after it tomorrow. Going to load 200 rounds of .308.

Re: only three culls - 05/25/22 10:05 PM

I spent a good rainy day at the bench today loaded up some 25-06,270,7mm mag, and 06 now gotta catch a cool day and go see how they do

Re: only three culls - 06/14/22 02:58 AM

Been waiting to order in 25 pounds of super hard alloy ingots from Roto metals. Finally got the order in an it arrived last week. I needed to make some lead alloy around 12-13 BHN. I used 15 pounds of super hard and 80 pounds of pure lead. Now I've 95 pounds of 13 BHN for more boolits. With left over super hard alloy ingots for the next mix.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: only three culls - 06/14/22 07:52 PM

Sized, trimmed, wet tumbled 50 each 300 win,270, and 7mm rem mag
Posted By: Chaser357

Re: only three culls - 06/24/22 03:33 PM

Made a handful of 30-30. 150 gr with w748 powder

[Linked Image]

Re: only three culls - 06/24/22 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chaser357
Made a handful of 30-30. 150 gr with w748 powder

[Linked Image]
Very good looking bullets

Re: only three culls - 06/24/22 11:39 PM

How much 748?

Re: only three culls - 06/25/22 04:30 AM

Some nice looking 30-30 rounds there!

Re: only three culls - 06/25/22 07:49 AM

How much 748?

These have 34.5gr.

Re: only three culls - 07/05/22 12:48 AM

Nice looking chaser. Did you use a roll crimp on those cartridges? Could be just hard to see the actual crimp in them.

Re: only three culls - 07/05/22 10:39 AM

Thanks these are crimped with a lee factory crimp die. May be a little over crimped.

Re: only three culls - 07/09/22 10:30 AM

Actually Chaser 357, the reason I asked about the crimp was I couldn't see much of a crimp at the crimp location on the jacket groove. I have a LFC for almost all of my cast boolit calibers. Most of my roll crimping is done on jacketed bullets is with the specific reloading dies.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/14/22 12:44 PM

[Linked Image] 223 powder coated ready for the range

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/15/22 02:00 PM

Loaded up nearly 200 223 with some 55gr seconds from midway used 4895
Posted By: Ar-Humter

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/24/22 09:02 PM

Used 1/2 lb of powder on these.... crazy Charge is 233 grains of H50BMG under a 750 grain A-Max

[Linked Image]

Also about a 1/2 lb on these. [Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 07/24/22 09:18 PM

That’s some big ole boolits right there. You could hurt somebody with those.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/21/22 05:45 PM

Ouch.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/21/22 06:46 PM

Been working on getting some good loads worked up for 25-06 and 270. Loaded up 223 I had laying around and 45 acp.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/22/22 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ar-Humter
Used 1/2 lb of powder on these.... crazy Charge is 233 grains of H50BMG under a 750 grain A-Max

[Linked Image]

Also about a 1/2 lb on these. [Linked Image]

Those would make a good skwerl round.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/22/22 01:29 AM

WOULD NOT HAVE TO GUT HIM
Posted By: stoolshooter

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/22/22 06:11 PM

Its what I didnt do that saddens me. I need to organize. I reload rifle,s pistol,s shotguns and my benchrest rifles. I have to hunt for everything ever time that I set down to reload

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/24/23 10:09 PM

Working on a load for My new rechambered rolling block. Was chambered in 12.17 x 42Rmm , but it's now a 50-90 Sharps straight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/25/23 12:32 AM

Whew we ole Quigley done got up in here

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/28/23 02:23 AM

Annealed, charged,sealed with cork and glued shut with water glass. Fire forming for new cut chamber soon. 50-90 Sharps straight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/28/23 05:28 AM

Thats just cool as all get out nitroexpress... cool That rolling block is a work of art to me....Thanks F.S.... thumbup thumbup...

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 05/28/23 12:17 PM

Always had a sweet spot for rollers.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/03/23 11:28 AM

Found my missing box of wad punches just in time. Needing to reload the Sharps fire formed cases I did day before yesterday. Forming went great, completely formed. One more annealing to do before loading. Think I'll make some cardboard wads this time out of the thickest material cardboard that will fit in the press mounted .515 punch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/03/23 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by DeerNutz0U812_
Thats just cool as all get out nitroexpress... cool That rolling block is a work of art to me....Thanks F.S.... thumbup thumbup...

Thanks.

You should go check out this this website and look for a swede or Danish 1867 roller. Think they have about 12 to fifteen of them.

https://simpsonltd.com/

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/14/23 09:00 PM

Got the bp Sharps straight cartridges loaded up at last.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jmudler

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 06/15/23 01:22 PM

That was awesome

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/09/23 02:02 AM

Had a big bag of Brand new Rio 12 gauge shotgun hulls I've been meaning to load, but wanted a 1-1/4 oz load but couldn't find much load data. So, I emailed Claybuster. Got an answer following morning that they have a brand new wad that's so new it's not even in the catalog or on their website yet, but I could try if I wanted a sample just send them my address and they would send me some. They arrived in 4 days. Good looking black wads too. Crimped up nice. These new wads are not yet in all stores so check around if you have some Rio hulls you want a1-1/4 oz field load..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/09/23 02:38 AM

Awesome!!’ That looks like factory loads!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/09/23 02:58 PM

It sure good to see some 1 1/4 wads for straight wall hulls. A lot of people have Fio, Cheddite and Rio and other euro hulls. I do have a stash of the discontinued Fed s4 and a few others, but they are dwindling. i WILL get me some of them when they hit the stores. Thanks for the heads up. I like your old pacific press I have 2- dl 155's. That some nice looking crimps, I bet that they will pattern well. I never thought of using universal powder in 1 1/4 oz loads. Let us know how they turn out

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/11/23 08:25 PM

After a little testing, I put together 24 rounds of 100 grain deer killers for a friend of mine's daughter. The youth Ruger American that collected both of my son's first deer will be in the woods again this fall as she goes after her first deer.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 08/11/23 09:54 PM

Wow! great 5 shot group there

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/01/23 12:57 AM

After a little testing, I put together 24 rounds of 100 grain deer killers for a friend of mine's daughter. The youth Ruger American that collected both of my son's first deer will be in the woods again this fall as she goes after her first deer.

[Linked Image]

Looks like it's ready to go to work. All the shooter has to do is their job an bbq venison on the grill.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/01/23 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by stoolshooter
It sure good to see some 1 1/4 wads for straight wall hulls. A lot of people have Fio, Cheddite and Rio and other euro hulls. I do have a stash of the discontinued Fed s4 and a few others, but they are dwindling. i WILL get me some of them when they hit the stores. Thanks for the heads up. I like your old pacific press I have 2- dl 155's. That some nice looking crimps, I bet that they will pattern well. I never thought of using universal powder in 1 1/4 oz loads. Let us know how they turn out

Stoolshooter, midsouth, an Ballistic products Inc are two distribution dealers that have the CB6114-12 one an a quarter ounce wad in stock and ready to ship. I've got a bag of 500 wads arriving next week coming from BPI. I do have a Pacific DL -155 still packed up from the move. This loader is a older Ponsness Warren 375. And, the crimps from the PW are the best.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/01/23 03:35 PM

I did get some from midsouth. I have loaded a few for pattern testing. They were a good fit and I got crimps almost as good as yours. I have not shot them yet but I am expecting good patterns. Thanks so much for the heads up. I can now use up several bags of fio and cheddite hulls. I mistook your PW 375 for a Pacific. I am now using some versa Mecs . but I would like to find a PW 375. Thanks again
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 09/01/23 03:49 PM

[Linked Image]

How do you like these compared to the Gold Dot version? That’s a good looking bullet. What cartridge?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/11/23 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by stoolshooter
I did get some from midsouth. I have loaded a few for pattern testing. They were a good fit and I got crimps almost as good as yours. I have not shot them yet but I am expecting good patterns. Thanks so much for the heads up. I can now use up several bags of fio and cheddite hulls. I mistook your PW 375 for a Pacific. I am now using some versa Mecs . but I would like to find a PW 375. Thanks again

Stoolshooter. Here's a peek of the DL-155. I really do need to get it out and run a few boxes through it. ;-)

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/12/23 01:02 AM

Nice, Is that a Versamec or 600 in the pic

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/21/23 12:50 AM

That's a 600 Jr. 12 gauge circa 1978
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/21/23 08:10 PM

I loaded up 160 rounds of subsonic 300 Blackout the other day.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/29/23 04:21 AM

Cleaned, annealed, sized and prepped brass today after I got home from the range.

60 pcs 257 Weatherby
40 pcs 280 AI
50 pcs 308 Winchester
40 pcs 7 mm Remington Magnum
40 pcs 338 Winchester Magnum.

Loaded some ammo.
20 rds 7mm Remington Magnum
40 rds 338 Winchester magnum

Will load some more in the morning and head back to the range.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/29/23 01:54 PM

which annealer do you use?

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/29/23 03:14 PM

AGS annealing machine. It's kind of a PITA to set up but makes the process easy and quick once you get going.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/30/23 12:28 AM

Loaded a few test rounds with wide nose cast bullets and CFE Pistol for the 45 Hi Point carbine and cleaned/sorted 45/10mm/44mag brass.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 10/30/23 01:26 PM

Went shooting Friday, fired 200 9mm and 100 .45 acp. Finished with the .45 yesterday, will start on the 9mm today. I always reload what I fired before shooting that caliber again.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/04/23 03:10 PM

Found a bag of once fired Federal Gold Metalist paper hulls I'd forgot about. Loaded them up with 1-3/8 ounces of #6 shot. Just love the smell of fired paper hulls. Don't you???
[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/04/23 08:04 PM

Wow! what a find. Those must be from back when the dinosaurs roamed. Did you use a paper hull crimp starter?
Posted By: DoubleShoalsJR

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/07/23 03:17 AM

Loaded up some 45-70 350 grain flat nose. Looking forward to shooting these thumpers!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 12/13/23 01:33 PM

Yes. I got the paper Hull smooth crimp starter for the 12 gauge 600 jr years ago when I was shooting an reloading lots of Federal paper GM shot shells. I need to look into getting one for the 16 and 20 gauge 600's also. I'm lucky that the PW is set up with their crimp starter that works good on new unfired paper hulls. Then it's a snap to get a good crimp on the 600's. That's really my only complaint about the 600 is the crimp starter when using new never loaded new paper hulls.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/04/24 02:18 PM

Finally rounded up the Winchester Express paper hulls in 12 and 20 gauge. Now to work on load development. Have a number of older books an data. Should be interesting.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 02/04/24 10:02 PM

Loaded 43 Spanish Mauser rounds!

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/07/24 07:17 PM

Just been working on the 20 gauge field and target loads.

[Linked Image]

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/08/24 12:57 AM

Just finished prepping some 308. Found a 5/8 inch @100 load with H4198. Now I just need to find more powder and maybe a unicorn.

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE RELOADING ROOM TODAY. - 03/27/24 07:20 PM

Prepped a couple thousand .45 cases. Came out all nice and shiny. Ought to last a while.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM