Aldeer.com

Resize fix

Posted By: BamaGrad85

Resize fix - 05/28/17 06:32 PM

I was resizing brass earlier and as I was pulling a shell the resizer came apart. I was using resize lube so I was a bit surprised that it happened. I got the part stuck in the brass out at the expense of using a dremel grinder on the brass to get it free. I think I know how to put resizer together but not sure if it will hold. Does any one know what I need to do next or just buy a new die set?
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: Resize fix - 05/28/17 06:45 PM

I'd get a die set,but what brand resizer? caliber?

Re: Resize fix - 05/28/17 09:48 PM

Lee, 308
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Resize fix - 06/02/17 11:26 AM

I assume it is one of the collet dies. If I understand correctly, the case is out but the sizing rod is stuck in the case?

Re: Resize fix - 06/02/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: odocoileus
I assume it is one of the collet dies. If I understand correctly, the case is out but the sizing rod is stuck in the case?

Not anymore. I used my Dremel grinder and removed the sizing rod from the case. I put it back in the collet and tightened the screw as tight as I could and finished resizing 38 more cases. It held just fine. I now have 59 cases cleaned, resized, primed and ready to load powder & bullets.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: Resize fix - 06/04/17 08:23 PM

I quit using decapping pins in rifle sizing dies years ago. Just tap them out by hand then resize. lots less trouble.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM