Aldeer.com

More Flat Tails

Posted By: BayedUp

More Flat Tails - 02/05/23 05:38 AM

Got a call to trap a new property a couple days ago. First check was decent. Caught 4 beavers.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bowhunter2011

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/05/23 04:19 PM

That’s awesome, what’s your set up and trap you’re using?

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/05/23 05:43 PM

I have a few Duke 550’s on drowning rods and a few on long chains. Also set some snares

There is so much water flow due to the big rain a couple days ago I mostly set caster mounds and slides this time.
Posted By: sj22

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/05/23 07:20 PM

Nice
We catch a few from time to time in a pond on our lease with the 550’s on slides
Posted By: k bush

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/10/23 12:22 AM

Caught 2 in snares and one in a 330 at a crossover on the last little project I done, which was a culvert stopped up on a small drain. Planning on getting serious with my snare usage on beaver and may try to use mostly snares on the next couple of projects I do.

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/10/23 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by k bush
Caught 2 in snares and one in a 330 at a crossover on the last little project I done, which was a culvert stopped up on a small drain. Planning on getting serious with my snare usage on beaver and may try to use mostly snares on the next couple of projects I do.

I bought a dozen to play around with and so far I’ve had decent luck. I’m gonna tweak it a little when I set a new property Monday. That $4 per snare is a lot easier to stomach than the price of a 330. Lol

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/10/23 04:33 PM

$4 each ? That’s high.

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/10/23 05:54 PM

That’s what I paid at G&D in Grovehill the other day. I wasn’t planning on buying any so I didn’t price shop. I just impulsively grabbed a bundle.

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/11/23 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by BayedUp
That’s what I paid at G&D in Grovehill the other day. I wasn’t planning on buying any so I didn’t price shop. I just impulsively grabbed a bundle.

Yea, almost picked some up there the other day but sticker shock made me put ‘em back. Found a bucket of them in my garage I’d been looking for, AFTER I ordered some more. I even ordered some 1x19 cable and locks, going to try building some.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: More Flat Tails - 02/11/23 03:37 PM

^^^
I use him some but he can b high on some stuff

Just priced a stevens 20 there and it was $275 - i can get same gun at village pawn for $195
Posted By: Bowhunter2011

Re: More Flat Tails - 03/12/23 03:23 AM

Caught my 4th today!! He broke my cender block anchor!! My girls loved it.. also caught the neighbors dog but let him go and got him back home.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: More Flat Tails - 03/12/23 10:15 PM

Thats awesome

Also lov part about neighnors dog 🤣🤣
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: More Flat Tails - 03/13/23 12:09 PM

I know a fella got
Some good price on his hides this past weekend.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM