Aldeer.com

Tree Rats From A Saddle

Posted By: Coosa1

Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/05/22 08:57 PM

Had the privilege of getting to tag along on an awesome squirrel hunt this past weekend. We went on horseback and hunted over a couple curr dogs and man was it a blast! Rode around four miles total and got to see some woods that I probably would never walk to. I never thought I would say this but I'm kind of wanting a pony for Christmas now laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/05/22 10:00 PM

Just ask Santa. smile
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 12:37 AM

Looks like a lot of fun.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 01:49 AM

Good times
Posted By: Bowhunter2011

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 02:59 AM

That does look really cool
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 03:25 AM

I was really thinking this post was gonna be you in a tree saddle and shooting squirrels…
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Broadhead26
I was really thinking this post was gonna be you in a tree saddle and shooting squirrels…

I’ve done that too as a matter of fact, it gets boring during bow season sometimes lol
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
Originally Posted by Broadhead26

I’ve done that too as a matter of fact, it gets boring during bow season sometimes lol

I’ve debated it just for the sake of squirrel hunting.
If I walk and sit, I might see 2-3.
If I’m in my stand 15ft away, I’ll see a dozen.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/06/22 10:18 PM

Used to do it all the time but nearly got a ticket for it in the national forest and quit. Only fox squirrels I ever killed was riding a mule hunting with kemmer curs. All fun and games until your ride goes crazy and runs you under a few saw briar’s.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/08/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by hayman
Used to do it all the time but nearly got a ticket for it in the national forest and quit. Only fox squirrels I ever killed was riding a mule hunting with kemmer curs. All fun and games until your ride goes crazy and runs you under a few saw briar’s.

Just the words saw briars make look and see if I'm bleeding
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Tree Rats From A Saddle - 12/08/22 08:17 PM

Just watched a Meateater episode doing this off of mules in the mountains of north Arkansas. Looks like a hoot.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM