Aldeer.com

Predator management trapping class.

Posted By: North40R

Predator management trapping class. - 07/14/19 08:50 PM

Any interest in having another one?

It's getting that time of the year again where we need to be getting geared up to hit predators before the fawn drop.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 12:12 AM

Interested. Especially on location selection. I've got one spot where they don't leave much sign. Everything is based off camera sightings and I'm struggling to catch right now, especially with this wonderful weather we're having.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 12:45 AM

Location is key! That would definitely be covered in the workshop.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 01:19 AM

I'd definitely be interested in learning more and getting new ideas on strategy
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 11:12 AM

I'm in. If located close enough to me, I'll make it. No more than 3 hours from North Alabama is good for me.

B

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher One
I'm in. If located close enough to me, I'll make it. No more than 3 hours from North Alabama is good for me.

B

Y'all pick the location. I'm good with North or Central Bama.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 04:24 PM

I'm in.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/15/19 06:05 PM

That's 4 in! We need about 8 more folks and a location.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 02:10 AM

I’m interested if time and place are right. Had a blast at the first one.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 02:24 AM

I’d be interested in another one.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 03:30 AM

I'm interested in going to another one.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 03:43 AM

August 17th and 24th will be my last Saturdays off before dove season. Y'all pick one and find us a host location and we'll put it together. I'll be glad to host it right here at my place but that might be farther South than y'all want to travel. I'm about an hour North of Mobile in Washington Co.

Anytime after that is gonna be tough for me to get away. I'll either be hunting or running traps from then through spring.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by North40R
August 17th and 24th will be my last Saturdays off before dove season. Y'all pick one and find us a host location and we'll put it together. I'll be glad to host it right here at my place but that might be farther South than y'all want to travel. I'm about an hour North of Mobile in Washington Co.

Anytime after that is gonna be tough for me to get away. I'll either be hunting or running traps from then through spring.

So we need to pick between the 2 Saturdays of August the 17th and 24th or any Saurday up to August 24th?

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 06:15 AM

Just those 2 Saturdays Boff. August 17th or 24th.

I'm only off 2 weekends a month and my 2 weekends in July are coming up now so too soon and I'm still finishing up planting for doves and a few more chufas this coming weekend.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/16/19 11:30 AM

Just those 2 Saturdays Boff. August 17th or 24th.

I'm only off 2 weekends a month and my 2 weekends in July are coming up now so too soon and I'm still finishing up planting for doves and a few more chufas this coming weekend.

Got it! thumbup

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 12:09 AM

If it happens, I will try to make it depending on location.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 12:09 AM

What do you need a location to have?

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
What do you need a location to have?

Just need a little land to be able to show and describe set locations. And seeing as how it's usually blistering hot mid August at least somewhere with some shade to do the demo portion of traps and lures.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 01:55 AM

I got 200 acres in heiberger and 40 acres in Clanton. It would be pretty central. I’ll smoke some butts or pig.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 03:10 AM

That's definitely a central location. I'm good with anywhere y'all decide.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 12:07 PM

I’d be interested in attending. How much are you charging?

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/17/19 05:52 PM

Last time we charged $40 each and limited the workshop to 12 participants. That worked great.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/22/19 02:57 AM

Well looks like there isn't enough interest to justify us trying to do a workshop! Anyone interested in learning is more than welcome to come here and tag along with me on my personal line anytime. I have never tried to claim I'm a professional but I catch more than most and know how to catch the ones that others can't catch.

Not beating my chest, just years of experience getting it done and don't mind passing on the knowledge I've gathered from past experiences.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/22/19 03:22 AM

Bummer.

Oh well.

Thanks for being willing to try.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Mowens

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/25/19 12:48 AM

Dang I was definitely interested. Just saw this thread today.

Well looks like there isn't enough interest to justify us trying to do a workshop! Anyone interested in learning is more than welcome to come here and tag along with me on my personal line anytime. I have never tried to claim I'm a professional but I catch more than most and know how to catch the ones that others can't catch.

Not beating my chest, just years of experience getting it done and don't mind passing on the knowledge I've gathered from past experiences.

I would appreciate an opportunity to tag along at some point. I am in Mobile so not very far away.

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 07/26/19 03:38 AM

Mowens anytime you see me posting line pics on here feel free to contact me and we'll get together. My work schedule keeps me pretty strung out but we manage close to 5,000 acres on top of working a regular job.

We'll be running wide open in September and October so keep an eye out for threads and just plan on being up here for a day.
Posted By: Mowens

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 08/06/19 02:22 PM

Mowens anytime you see me posting line pics on here feel free to contact me and we'll get together. My work schedule keeps me pretty strung out but we manage close to 5,000 acres on top of working a regular job.

We'll be running wide open in September and October so keep an eye out for threads and just plan on being up here for a day.

Thank you sir. I will keep checking back. Appreciate the opportunity.
Posted By: Finch

Re: Predator management trapping class. - 08/19/19 08:19 PM

I'm a lil late. But I would love to attend. Keep me in mind
© 2024 ALDEER.COM