Aldeer.com

Beaver attractant

Posted By: kodiak06

Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 12:40 PM

What specific scents are you guys using in your set up?
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 12:56 PM

Dobbins Backbreaker has been my go-to for probably 10 years now. Works well on yotes and bobcats too.

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 02:52 PM

I've been testing Hawbakers Beaver Lure out. First night, got one. Nothing since.
Tough part for me right now is I'm just trapping trails from river to a field. Rivers full of beavers but, really no way to put out any traps in it.
The tides are twice a day and usually 6-8' hi's/lows. 22 works really well though
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 02:59 PM

That does sound like tough trapping. I've never had to deal with tides. Down here I just put some backbreaker on a fake castor mound with a drowner rig in front of it and usually have one in the next day or two. I would imagine that it would be tough to get one to come up a trail way out of the water after some attractant. Do they have places where they regularly make castor mounds along the banks? I would assume if they did then they would be above the high water mark and you might could get a trap in around them. That's where a gland/castor based attractant will really pull.

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 03:48 PM

Winter beavers are easier because of the backwaters. Im really just getting into trapping them since im getting paid to. The field they're hitting is good eats I guess. It's like mini elk trail coming in, it's just too many trails lol.
I think I may find some mounds in the actual farm, gotta free up some traps first
Posted By: k bush

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 04:28 PM

X2 on Backbreaker
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 07:53 PM

The world was a better place when beavers were allowed to be beavers, less fire damage, flood control, more water for crops, better fishing...almost as if God knew what he was doing but man has to mess it up.

Yep, getting rid of beavers is as arrogant and liberal as the new green deal.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/15/19 11:26 PM

$$$$$ Seems to Attract them Here around Auburn.....
Posted By: CAL

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/16/19 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
$$$$$ Seems to Attract them Here around Auburn.....

Yeah but only the fat ones for some! 😁
Posted By: PaintRock0

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/16/19 01:42 AM

Cold beer
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/16/19 03:16 AM

Axe body spray
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/18/19 12:22 PM

Money
Posted By: Clem

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/19/19 10:17 PM

Drakkar Noir works on older ones who remember it from the '80s.

Re: Beaver attractant - 05/31/19 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
The world was a better place when beavers were allowed to be beavers, less fire damage, flood control, more water for crops, better fishing...almost as if God knew what he was doing but man has to mess it up.

Yep, getting rid of beavers is as arrogant and liberal as the new green deal.

Yea, whatever. Flooded farmlands made unusable I don't think classify as watered. It's called permanent flooding. Also, just another uneducated comment since you added the word liberal
Posted By: Sgiles

Re: Beaver attractant - 06/01/19 11:11 AM

I’ll second dobbins back breaker. Last time I trapped I caught 3 using nothing but the remaining got wise to me. I’d never used lure before so I tried it and was able to get the last two. I will say that I also switched to a baited snare set up for one and it took a couple tweaks to get my set up right since I’m not a professional but it kept them coming back enough to get the job done. Lures fairly cheap so you might buy a couple different scents.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Beaver attractant - 06/01/19 12:40 PM

Michelob Ultra.

Re: Beaver attractant - 06/01/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sgiles
I’ll second dobbins back breaker. Last time I trapped I caught 3 using nothing but the remaining got wise to me. I’d never used lure before so I tried it and was able to get the last two. I will say that I also switched to a baited snare set up for one and it took a couple tweaks to get my set up right since I’m not a professional but it kept them coming back enough to get the job done. Lures fairly cheap so you might buy a couple different scents.

I have 1 brand im using, just getting ideas for the next bottle. I got 3 on the river, shot 3 others...
Greening up now so prolly slow down a tad and get some back in there to make things a bit easier. Nothing has been by my snares except elk lol. Hoping the dont poke there nose un there lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM