Aldeer.com

Varmint densities

Posted By: 257wbymag

Varmint densities - 03/10/19 03:17 PM

i ran DP traps the month of August in 2018 and started back here in the last 30 days on my 40 acre farm. As if this Am the kill number is 29 raccoons 6 possums and 1 skunk. This just goes to show how many predators are working on our turkeys just from that small tract. I’m hoping I’m making some kind of impact even on my neighboring farms a bit. My neighbor 2 farms west of me is getting same type kill numbers too. Anyone else see this type of concentration of critters?
Posted By: Stob

Re: Varmint densities - 03/10/19 03:41 PM

I stopped running a feeder cause all I was doing was feeding coons.
12-15 on camera every night.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Varmint densities - 03/10/19 05:59 PM

We usually average 15-20 coons and about the same possums on my 40. This year we are way down on coon numbers possums about the same. We may be making a dent in them finally cause I rarely see tracks anymore and hardly ever have one come to my feeder.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Varmint densities - 03/10/19 07:18 PM

Seems like for every one you kill, three come for the funeral.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Varmint densities - 03/11/19 02:21 AM

I started off with numbers similar to that but that was 6 years ago now and the numbers have went way down. This was on 300 acres
Posted By: Cibola

Re: Varmint densities - 03/11/19 06:31 PM

I know our properties are just a few miles apart. I haven't trapped my place any, but judging from trailcam photos, coyotes seem to be far and away the biggest nuisance on my place. I also occasionally get pics of grey fox, house cats, hawks, and owls. I'm sure I would see more coons if I had any feed out. Just remembered, I do have a problem with coons raiding my back yard pear tree in the summer.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM