Aldeer.com

50 Years a Hunter and a Trapper

Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

50 Years a Hunter and a Trapper - 02/15/19 12:26 PM

Have any of you read this book? I came across it as a free book on Amazon kindle. It was written in the early 1900s by a guy (Woodcock) who spent his life hunting and trapping. He is older when the writings were done, much of it is a compilation of short articles he wrote for a trapping magazine. Most of the adventures recounted were from the late 1800s, when game was plentiful, market hunting common, and much of trapping was done with deadfalls. He did a lot of bear trapping as well as other things, primarily in Western Pennsylvania but also various other places across the U.S. I have really enjoyed it. Do any of you have any other books to recommend? Please share the titles if you've come across a good one. I'm getting close to being done with this one. Thanks to all of you who have posted stories of trapping and shown your catches. I have dabbled a little with trapping the last few years but am far from being very good at it. Nevertheless, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading of others' successes. This has become my favorite forum on Aldeer.
Posted By: k bush

Re: 50 Years a Hunter and a Trapper - 02/16/19 01:35 AM

Ive started it.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: 50 Years a Hunter and a Trapper - 02/16/19 10:54 PM

Just downloaded it. Thanks for the suggestion
Posted By: lances

Re: 50 Years a Hunter and a Trapper - 02/22/19 04:23 PM

Thanks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM