Aldeer.com

Trapping home decor.

Posted By: North40R

Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 01:23 AM

A couple traps from long ago and a cat face from the turpentine era. The traps are relics that were given to me by an old trapper (a close friend of the man who taught me how to trap) and the cat face came from right here on our land where my family lived off the turpentine market years ago. May seem stupid to some but history and heritage are important to me!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 01:41 AM

I don't see why anyone would think it'd be stupid to decorate with old trapping stuff. I wish I had some of the old Victors that were given to me when I was a kid because that's exactly what I'd do with them

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:27 AM

The double long is a Victor with the "V" cut in the pan. The other single doesn't have any identifying marks on it. I've got a pair of Vic square jaw #2's that were my granddad's that I'll use in my display with my tanned furs as soon as I get them back.
Posted By: blade

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:32 AM

Looks great Hank!
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:36 AM

Looks good Hank.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:40 AM

I guess I'm the only one on here that doesn't know this but what is a "cat face?"

Dr. B
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:59 AM

That single may be an Oneida. If I remember correctly they didn’t have any identifiable markings
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
I guess I'm the only one on here that doesn't know this but what is a "cat face?"

Dr. B

wondering the same thing
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 01:57 PM

A catface is what a scar on a tree is called from where sap was extracted to make turpentine.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 02:36 PM

I know where several of those are in the TNF.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 03:34 PM

Nice!
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 04:27 PM

North 40, is that white pine tongue and groove on your wall? Is that in your house? Looks good, so does the trap. Where did you get the pine, if you don't mind me asking? Linear ft price? Pm me if you would like. I'm trying to figure out what to put in my house. There doesn't appear to be a clear coat on the pine.

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 06:55 PM

I don't remember the price but got it from Howard Custom Lumber. It has a coat of sand and seal on it and a couple coats of polycrylic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 07:19 PM

That pine looks great, Hank!
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 07:25 PM

Boy, its like a chameleon, changing colors from daylight to dark.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/15/19 08:59 PM

That looks great, Hank. I have a bunch of old traps like that from my grandfather. Never thought of using them for decorations. Great idea!!

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 12:39 AM

Thanks everyone for the compliments! We're awful proud of it.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 12:57 AM

You cant hide money. That looks fantastic !!!
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 02:18 AM

nice!
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 03:49 AM

Good looking pad...
Posted By: k bush

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 12:45 PM

Nice!
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/16/19 12:59 PM

catface. A common term in the community I live. Rosinton was named due to all the pine rosin collected many years ago. One of my ladder stands overlooks a catface tree. It still has the metal pan attached. North40R, you have given me a great idea for decorating our camp! Display looks fantastic as well. Sadly, Rosinton is now known for Bucee's.......Dang, I've gotten old.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Trapping home decor. - 02/17/19 04:38 AM

Craig howard is the man he did our lumber in our house when we remodeled I cut down and had it swed he kiln dried ND tongue and grooved it did a great a job an also made all of our trim
© 2024 ALDEER.COM