Aldeer.com

Coyote baits

Posted By: Reloader79

Coyote baits - 10/13/18 11:40 PM

If any of y’all trapping for coyotes what are y’all using? What’s the best bait? I got to thin the heard around here. I sat 11 dukes out, hopefully I’ll get a few.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Coyote baits - 10/14/18 12:14 AM

Most of.the commercial baits will work. Hiawatha valley, Apple Road, Powder River, Prairie Fire. Go to the F&T website and browse the bait section.

Until we get a frost expect the ants to clean you out every 2-3 days. You can use a small piece of charred wood with urine on it too.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Coyote baits - 10/14/18 12:19 AM

Today I was visiting my nephew at his barn. They had a couple of dogs around. I dipped a small stem in a bottle of lure and walked by the dogs. They all followed me around wherever I went. When I dropped it the female lab began to lick it and the small male mixed breed rolled in it. Both then proceeded to pee on it.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Coyote baits - 10/14/18 12:40 AM

What kinda lure was this kb?
Posted By: CNC

Re: Coyote baits - 10/14/18 01:02 PM

I've had real good luck with the Hiawatha Valley...….Smoked pork works good too. Save your scraps and freeze them next time you fire up the smoker to cook a butt or some ribs.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Coyote baits - 10/17/18 03:40 PM

After deer season is over here in Indiana I will pick up some road kill deer and stake them down and put traps our around them. I always have pretty good luck. I also put one out my bathroom window about 100 yds out. I kill some every year just checking out back window when I go tinkle at night.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM