Aldeer.com

Wolves

Posted By: 3toe

Wolves - 09/30/18 01:13 AM

Had a squirrel on my privacy fence today that had a huge botfly wolve on it. Looked ready to pop.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: grundan

Re: Wolves - 09/30/18 10:54 PM

Yuck, I hate them things
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: Wolves - 09/30/18 11:15 PM

I've never seen them there. Always in the neck or back. Skwerls and rabbits.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Wolves - 10/01/18 12:19 AM

I killed one the boy's treed yesterday that had 3 or 4 on it. Nasty stinking bastards.

Re: Wolves - 10/01/18 01:02 AM

I try to wait until after a frost before killing skwerls and rabbits. Those wolves are some nasty looking thangs. I learned that they are worse during wet summers.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Wolves - 10/02/18 10:49 PM

Why are they called wolves?

Re: Wolves - 10/03/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by jono23

Why not?
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Wolves - 10/03/18 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by jono23

Because it is easier than the real name, which is cuterebra.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Wolves - 10/03/18 04:18 PM

They are gross for sure. I killed 2 though on Saturday evening that had none. First time I'd been squirrel hunting before a frost in a long time.
Posted By: mwe

Re: Wolves - 10/08/18 03:34 AM

They fry up up real nice warsh'em down with a brewskee .
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Wolves - 10/11/18 10:47 PM

I has a physiology professor at Auburn named Raymond P Henry. We was one more weird dude. When he did his doctoral work, he studied Bot Flies repro cycle. He raised them in his forearm. He had dime-nickel sized scars up his arm.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Wolves - 10/12/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I has a physiology professor at Auburn named Raymond P Henry. We was one more weird dude. When he did his doctoral work, he studied Bot Flies repro cycle. He raised them in his forearm. He had dime-nickel sized scars up his arm.

I heard about this guy. That's either dedication or crazy, or both.

Re: Wolves - 10/12/18 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

I heard about this guy. That's either dedication or crazy, or both.

He was crazy. Story goes that he flunked every student that took his class the quarter before I took it. That's a class taken mostly by pre-vet students. Pre-vet students don't flunk classes. I was told he got in some hot water over that. I was not pre vet. I was happy with my C.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Wolves - 10/13/18 02:51 AM

That might be the most insane thing I've ever read. But I guess it did give him a unique perspective of their life cycle. I can imagine that the chicks thought he was cool with wolves sticking their noses out of his arm..
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Wolves - 10/13/18 12:17 PM

That’s insane, and 100% illegal now.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Wolves - 10/20/18 01:36 PM

I would wait til the 2nd or 3rd frost. I see skeeters buzzin after the first frost

Re: Wolves - 10/21/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

That might be the most insane thing I've ever read. But I guess it did give him a unique perspective of their life cycle. I can imagine that the chicks thought he was cool with wolves sticking their noses out of his arm..

Chicks wouldn't have thought this guy was cool is he won the lottery.

Re: Wolves - 10/21/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer

That’s insane, and 100% illegal now.

I agree. What's illegal?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM