Aldeer.com

Getting hard to catch

Posted By: BREEZE1

Getting hard to catch - 05/01/18 12:45 PM

I guess I have caught the dumb ones and/or educated the rest of my coyotes. I caught one young one Friday and I'm still seeing a good bit of sign but not getting any more action on my traps. I have 10out and set 7 of them actually on fresh coyote tracks the day after the rain. I have them all basically on the sides of the road and have 4 new baits/lure mixed in with my others. Do they get smart with traps on road to where I need to move them into the woods, or is this a slower time of year? Im new to this but felt really good on these sets not to have them messed with at all really. Oh by the way Im a little impatient to. lol
Posted By: CNC

Re: Getting hard to catch - 05/01/18 01:33 PM

Are you making all dirt hole sets? Are you mixing in some different types of sets?
Posted By: North40R

Re: Getting hard to catch - 05/01/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BREEZE1
Oh by the way Im a little impatient to. lol

That can be your worst enemy! Give them a little time. I've had whole lines go cold for a week to 10 days then all of sudden get smoking hot overnight.

If you think you've educated them either change up your sets (dirt hole, flat set, bone set, pipe dream set or maffia set) or simply pull out for a couple weeks then reset.
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: Getting hard to catch - 05/01/18 04:34 PM

May just be slow. Mostly dirthole and a few flat sets. First time ive set since before turkey season. All the sign I just expected more action I guess.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM