Aldeer.com

First fox Squirrel

Posted By: Southwood7

First fox Squirrel - 02/01/18 09:58 PM

I was off today and with no need to go deer hunting I figured I would take advantage of this beautiful weather and look for some squirrrels. My dad own 20 acres in Wilsonville and I’ve got permission to hunt the 50 beside it. It’s all wide open hardwoods with plenty of squirrels. I stalked up and down a couple of ridges and leaned up against a tree for 10-15 minutes at a time and I hadn’t seen the first tree rat! I was finishing up my loop and making my way back to the truck when I spotted this one coming down a tree. I’m tickled to death to get one and plan on getting it mounted. I had to throw it on the tailgate of the ranger for dramatic effect laugh
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/01/18 10:01 PM

Very nice, congrats
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/02/18 01:07 AM

Cool colorphase. The ones I grew up seeing in SE Alabama were typically gray-white-black. Not much red at all.
Posted By: Reno

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/02/18 02:12 AM

The fox squirrels I've seen at inland lake were all colored like that.. Good kill!!
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/02/18 02:49 AM

How much does a fox squirrel mount run these days?
Posted By: treemydog

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/02/18 12:33 PM

In three years of hunting with my feist, I have only seen 1 fox squirrel in the woods... and a buddy's dog wound up treeing that one. When or if my dogs tree one, it's going to have to be a very ugly specimen indeed not to take a trip to the taxidermist.
Posted By: Stob

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/02/18 06:46 PM

Had one mounted like that for a looong time. Killed it when I was a kid. Threw it out a few years ago. need to kill/mount another.

Beautiful skwurl by the way, congrats!!
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/03/18 04:10 AM

Nice...most of the ones I see are silver or black.
Posted By: canvasback

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/12/18 02:12 AM

I like the colors on his face...pretty squirrel
Posted By: woodduck

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/17/18 03:45 AM

Nice one
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/17/18 11:50 PM

All the ones around my place look just like that. Saw 2 today. They are pretty.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/19/18 03:17 AM

Nice tree rat. I used to kill them pretty regular when I was young. Hardly ever see them around here anymore.
Posted By: king

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/22/18 03:32 PM

glad your getting him mounted, the last one I killed looked almost exactly like yours, I didn't get mine mounted ,and wish I had , idont shoot them any more,let them go and make some more.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/22/18 03:46 PM

I want one mounted too. Seen them, never killed one.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: First fox Squirrel - 02/26/18 01:14 AM

Thats a goodun there
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: First fox Squirrel - 04/03/18 06:27 PM

Got a bunch like this guy on my place in Lowndes County. Yall let me know if anybody wants one for a mount next season.

https://imgur.com/srE0J5m
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: First fox Squirrel - 04/20/18 02:17 PM

Never seen one like that, I'm covered with them here but they are a mix of red orange black and white. That's a really nice mount. Congrats to the OP for a nice kill
Posted By: BC

Re: First fox Squirrel - 04/20/18 02:42 PM

I turkey hunt in Barbour Co. I've never seen so many of those silver fox squirrels with the black face as I have this season. I've literally seen dozens of them in the past few weekends turkey hunting. I saw two of them one afternoon and one of them was as black as a piece of coal. If it were season I would have him for the wall.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM