Aldeer.com

Figure 4 traps

Posted By: Joe4majors

Figure 4 traps - 09/26/17 05:06 PM

I remember my granddad making something like this for me when I was a kid. I’m thinking of doing the same for my son. Have any of y’all messed with “figure 4” traps?

Posted By: jacannon

Re: Figure 4 traps - 10/05/17 11:32 AM

My Grand daddy and I caught birds with a trap like that when I was a boy.

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/11/18 08:18 PM

Finally got it finished up. Took a couple tries to get the trigger right. Will test it out this weekend.

Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/11/18 09:58 PM

Nice looking trap! Be sure and post up what you catch!
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 12:51 PM

Kids in trail life made some of these

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jmudler
Kids in trail life made some of these

Did they have any luck with catches?
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 04:41 PM

I suggest you spin the trap 90 degrees at the set point, that way the figure 4 piece that gets between the trap and the ground does not have as much of an affect of keeping the trap off the ground, other words make you trigger point touch the sides of the trap that do not touch the ground. If you get a coon I think it will take a lot of weight on top to keep it in. Post the pics for us when you get a catch.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 04:46 PM

If you don't have any luck with this route, building a wood box trap for coons and squirrels is simple and I know they are effective.
Posted By: RiverWood

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 04:51 PM

Nice. World would be a better place if more Dads taught their kids skills instead of just buying them an iPad

Re: Figure 4 traps - 01/12/18 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryano
I suggest you spin the trap 90 degrees at the set point, that way the figure 4 piece that gets between the trap and the ground does not have as much of an affect of keeping the trap off the ground, other words make you trigger point touch the sides of the trap that do not touch the ground. If you get a coon I think it will take a lot of weight on top to keep it in. Post the pics for us when you get a catch.

Yeah, I actually thought of that too after looking at the pic. We’ll see what happens.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM