Aldeer.com

Pulling Finned Super Stakes

Posted By: Wade

Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/07/17 08:38 PM

Does anyone have a good method for pulling Finned Super Stakes. I have the pulling cables but I need to make something to pull them with. I'm just looking for an easier way than digging them half up with post hole diggers. I can pull them in sandy soil with my 4 wheeler winch but not in clay. I got some new lures in today and want to make some adjustments this weekend. I've gotten lazy this week and missed some opportunities. Any pics of good pullers?
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/08/17 08:43 AM

T post puller works, but I usually just use a sharp shooter shovel. Step on it around the anchor 3 or 4 times and pull it out.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/08/17 03:00 PM

Winch on the 4 wheeler or just cut the cable and leave them.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/08/17 03:35 PM

Wade I use the freedom brand heavy duty stake puller and it works great. I run my dirt hole auger down next to my chain first then hook to my cable and pull.

It also helps to have a board to set the axix of the puller on in soft ground.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/10/17 09:52 PM

Thanks Hank. I'm going to try and make something like I saw on the internet after doing a little more checking. Will buy a Freedom Brand if I go that route.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/11/17 02:13 PM

I use a Hi-lift jack which I already owned
Posted By: North40R

Re: Pulling Finned Super Stakes - 08/11/17 07:57 PM

Wade I'm sure you can build one better than the FB. It actually needs a longer handle and wider base to work really well in our sandy ground.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM